Songs that get played over and over at your pool hall

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hotel California :angry:

What else?

Ugh, I have always hated that song.

Ours unfortunately has an internet jukebox, and when I was in league there, there was one guy who like some horrible bang bang dubstep garbage, and would play it like two times every week. Nobody was exactly sure who it was. There is an app where you can play songs without going up tot he jukebox. But when people started to get mad whoever it was would play it many more times than that. I think some other trolls may have started joining in too but it was awful.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Friends in Low Places ...... another crap song.

That song should be removed from the jukebox, internet and memory banks of anyone who has had to sit through it.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played on a bar league years ago and my partner would walk in, put $20 in the juke box and play all Frank Sinatra. There was a lot of complaints at first but after a year or so everyone seemed to like it.
Those were the days.

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Final countdown" on a loop with other 80's songs, good for the first couple of weeks... jukebox too expensive, not enough songs

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I played on a bar league years ago and my partner would walk in, put $20 in the juke box and play all Frank Sinatra. There was a lot of complaints at first but after a year or so everyone seemed to like it.
Those were the days.

I did that once to eliminate the continually-played Hells Bells song that is not conducive to playing good pool.

Screeching is like nails on a chalkboard. Tough to duck.

Jeff Livingston

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those were the days.
That's awesome! :thumbup:

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1 for "Friends in Low Places", as well as plenty of other low-brow bubblegum country garbage including but not limited to the ever-ubiquitous "I Love This Bar" and that song about a chicken fry and cold beer on a Friday night and jeans that fit just right.

I've found it depends on the day also. Friday and Saturday nights there is a direct correlation between how drunk the college kids get and the likelihood of a "Bohemian Rhapsody" singalong. Weekdays tend to be more just standard top-40 stuff.

PoppaSaun

Banned
Hotel California

Lot's of Michael Jackson...drives me insane.

Loads of horrible rap...almost as bad as MJ

That said, there is also:

Black Keys
Buddy Holly
Elvis
Pixies
White Stripes

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I can think of a few.

She's moving like, oh oh oh oh oh...

I can't take it, take it, no more... oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh...

Nancy came from Boston, she got in trouble there.
oh oh oh oh oh oh,
ooooowh, oooooooooh ooooooooh ooooooooo, ooooooooooh...

Everybody's getting tired of real song lyrics? How long can they make the "oh" sound original? How many variations can they come up with?

All the best,
WW

Remembers when music was Sinatra, and the like...

jamnut

Underwater Tiger
Silver Member
Lots of Blake Shelton is played at our spot, for whatever reason. I am a fan of old country, say, from the 60's and 70's, but I find the new stuff utter crap.
I am also with WildWing on the stupid "oh" trope that pervades post-rock these days; if I had only known that that is all it takes to be considered a "songwriter", I could have had a different career.
Most post rock music is junk.
Rant over.

kcnate66

C Speed
Tennessee Whiskey....I was there for tournament and gambling afters....there about 12 hours all together. Heard this song at least 10 times, including once back to back.

Reactions: CGM