Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Jason Shaw, classless?
Page 7 of 8 « First 567 8

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-11-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Just curious how many have seen this guy play other than in the MC? He's been known to show-his-ass more than a few times. I think he has one of THE worst attitudes i've seen in pool in a while, up there with that other a-hole Dechaine. As for McEnroe? He's still a spoiled Long Island douche. Royalty? Gimme a break.
I for one can say I've seen him in person several times. He has been much, much, much, much, much, much.....oh yeah, did I say much worse??... than what he showed at the cup this year.

Have most other players done the same?... sure but not on a regular basis the way the select few have done and keep doing.

I've said it before, there are way to many strong players today to "have to" put up with "anyone" unless his/her game is worth it.

Worth it, that's the rub for most. To most, well, he is not worth it. Anyone that disagrees, go to "any room" and ask aloud and you will find that most say, "he's a great player but...". It's that "BUT" that does and will continue to hurt his rep with serious players like myself.

Sure, the less serious masses do and will continue to love him for the same reason they loved the wrestler Rick Flare (spelling??) and a lot other pro like Hulk H. etc...etc..

Maybe "if" his game gets to the point where it overshadows his actions he will get the respect that Earl got/gets eventhough his actions was not much better in his youth and are even worse today..... but keep in mind, Earl "The Pearl" Strickland will be remembered as well as "ANY" other pro to ever hold a cue in their hands. Shaw is not in that category IMHO. Will he ever be? I truly hope so. Time will tell.

One last thing:

Social media!!!

I, like a lot of folks witnessed Earl being a huge jerk in his prime but his game was even bigger. Just couldn't help but overlook it in person. If those same situations had been online to the masses like today, would he still have been so popular with the "serious" and more "knowledgeable" players???... who knows.

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#92)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedog View Post
Watched the day two match last nite between SBV and Shaw. I realize there is a little history between them but, celebrating during the match, and.even before completing a game seems to me to be classless. Then after the match celebrating as if Europe won the cup. Classless! What are your opinions.
It's entertainment. At the 2017 US Open finals, he was all class, and lights out against a worn out Kaci....

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#93)
dnixon
AzB Silver Member
dnixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2018, 04:03 PM

To answer your question he has a class. One of the nicest people you’ll ever want to meet. Just puts on a good show!

Old
  (#94)
dnixon
AzB Silver Member
dnixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2018, 04:04 PM

He has a lot of class

Old
  (#95)
pokerplayer
Registered
pokerplayer is on a distinguished road

12-11-2018, 08:09 PM

Didnt he start a brawl at derby city in the hotel bar.
Is that what nice guys do

Old
  (#96)
Cuebuddy
Mini cues
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-11-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplayer View Post
Didnt he start a brawl at derby city in the hotel bar.
Is that what nice guys do
That fulfills your one post per year

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#97)
pokerplayer
Registered
pokerplayer is on a distinguished road

12-12-2018, 01:15 AM

Yeah I dont post much.
Basically I was wondering if that's true

Old
  (#98)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

12-12-2018, 04:16 AM

Jayson Shaw's conduct was perfectly acceptable to me. Team Europe under Marcus Chamat is a wild bunch of very spirited players, and they know how to fire up the fans. The energy they create is good for both Team Europe and the Mosconi Cup.

Oddly enough, though, along with a few others who sat near me, I felt Jayson, at times, broke his own concentration with his in-match cheerleading. At least once, he had to use his extension because he had spent most of the shot clock cheerleading, and it came back to bite him as he had to give a tough shot insufficient consideration later in the rack. Jayson clearly toned it down a few notches in Session 4 during Match 17 against Styer, so perhaps he knew that he needed to be more focused on the play itself with Team Europe trying to stage a comeback that only barely fell short of forcing the captain's pick match,

Shaw's passionate and, yes, demonstrative, enthusiasm is both excusable and welcome. Was he loud? Yes, but he was also respectful and civil in his manner.

Old
  (#99)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

12-12-2018, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplayer View Post
Yeah I dont post much.
Basically I was wondering if that's true
Some people just enjoy gutting another on line from their keyboard. Nothing more, it gives them satisfaction in their own world..............the new normal when on line for many.

Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#100)
Superiorduper
AzB Silver Member
Superiorduper has a reputation beyond reputeSuperiorduper has a reputation beyond reputeSuperiorduper has a reputation beyond reputeSuperiorduper has a reputation beyond reputeSuperiorduper has a reputation beyond reputeSuperiorduper has a reputation beyond reputeSuperiorduper has a reputation beyond reputeSuperiorduper has a reputation beyond reputeSuperiorduper has a reputation beyond reputeSuperiorduper has a reputation beyond reputeSuperiorduper has a reputation beyond repute

12-12-2018, 07:46 AM

It’s just part of his act

Old
  (#101)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
12-12-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
Some people just enjoy gutting another on line from their keyboard. Nothing more, it gives them satisfaction in their own world..............the new normal when on line for many.
But if it is true...it is true.

As I recall, shaw grabbed another player's dick and balls in a bar and got punched for it.

The puncher got ejected from the facility and presumably, the event too.

Old
  (#102)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member

12-12-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post

As I recall, shaw grabbed another player's dick and balls in a bar and got punched for it.

So where ya going with this?

I punched a guy in the face once, and broke his glasses (all state wrestler).
Next day he and his dad came a knocking at our door. I cowered behind my dad.
Dad opened the door, his father explained what happened and wanted me to pay for his new glasses.

First words outta my dads mouth....WHO STARTED IT? (he played for the Black Hawks farm team before WWII and spend allot of time in the box).

There was a silence, we all looked at the other kid, they walked.

My advice.....walk away from this thread.............unless your perfect.

Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Last edited by Island Drive; 12-12-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Old
  (#103)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

12-12-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post

Cí mon now black balled, whatís a little tug-n-slug between competitors?

Old
  (#104)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
12-12-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:

My advice.....walk away from this thread.............unless your perfect.
That is one approach. Another is belief that once something is out there, no individual has control over it.

Honestly, I think the mosconi cup is a big fake show and I would be at surprised level 0 to find out it is largely scripted.

I also dont think Jayson is responsible for babysitting pool and its image.

Old
  (#105)
jokrswylde
AzB Silver Member
jokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond repute

12-12-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:

Well the thread, whether it is in good taste or not, is Jayson Shaw and his class. However, I agree with you that something that occurred in the past is not necessarily relevant to his behavior at the recent MC. Now, if he made it a regular habit of assaulting folks in bars that would be different.

I personally didn't see anything terribly egregious aside from jumping in SVB chair. It was heat of the moment, but still disrespectful to anyone having to sit in that chair ext match

Page 7 of 8 « First 567 8

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: