The layout for Wu after Raga's shot on the 2 ball:

Attachments

• Table after Raga shot on 2.jpg
    Table after Raga shot on 2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 570

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anyone notice the name they put on the big board in the background? Related to Lady Gaga?

look:

Attachments

• E62D7401-8674-4F56-9991-9155984EC6EE.jpg
    E62D7401-8674-4F56-9991-9155984EC6EE.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 467

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally the Filipino Fargo throne has been handed over! Dennis Orcollo's reign ends as Anton "The Dragon" Raga rockets all the way up to 4th place in the world, at a score of 820.

One nice supplement to the standard Fargo display may be to show the risers and fallers with green and red up and down arrows such that we can see the recent rating trajectory, at least for the top players list.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Finally the Filipino Fargo throne has been handed over! Dennis Orcollo's reign ends as Anton "The Dragon" Raga rockets all the way up to 4th place in the world, at a score of 820.

One nice supplement to the standard Fargo display may be to show the risers and fallers with green and red up and down arrows such that we can see the recent rating trajectory, at least for the top players list.

Seems strange, wasnt he like 37th or something like that?

I also think Siming went down even though she won the women's

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Above all else, I'll remember two things about the 2019 China Open:

1) the way Spartan made it possible for the American based fans to experience it
2) how great an event the China Open truly is

It's so rare that most of the elite in pool are found in the same place at the same time, but it's quite the treat. Anyone who can top a field of this quality is truly a special player, and with apologies to the Darryl Peach fans out there, cinderella stories are extremely rare in events like these.

Well played, Mr. Wu.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

1) the way Spartan made it possible for the American based fans to experience it

It's so rare that most of the elite in pool are found in the same place at the same time, but it's quite the treat. Anyone who can top a field of this quality is truly a special player, and with apologies to the Darryl Peach fans out there, cinderella stories are extremely rare in events like these.

Well played, Mr. Wu.

Very well said.
Much thanks to Spartan as I don’t do fb and I was working anyway. Spartan did an awesome job with the game by game updates.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I have no clue why Raga did not slow roll the 2 and try to hook behind those two balls.

That's the shot I was thinking of as well, and obviously Raga would have considered it. The only thing I can say is that it's very difficult to judge the hit on the 2 and the speed of the shot slow-rolling the cueball from that distance, and you're also completely at the mercy of whether or not the table rolls true.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Superb performance by Raga. Kid's got all the moves. If I am not mistaken, probably the first qualifier to get into a final. For now, he's surpassed the more well known young Filipinos Chua, Ignacio, Aranas going deep into a major event.

Well played, Mr. Wu.

Thanks for the kind words, sjm.
Peach as Cinderella cracked me up :grin-square:

Very well said.
Much thanks to Spartan as I don’t do fb and I was working anyway. Spartan did an awesome job with the game by game updates.
Thanks but actually game by game updates was by PoolBum :)

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Superb performance by Raga. Kid's got all the moves. If I am not mistaken, probably the first qualifier to get into a final. For now, he's surpassed the more well known young Filipinos Chua, Ignacio, Aranas going deep into a major event.

Thanks for the kind words, sjm.
Peach as Cinderella cracked me up :grin-square:

Thanks but actually game by game updates was by PoolBum :)
Raga had a great event, but look at Ignacio’s year! It’s been phenomenal.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wu won two great hill-hill matches back to back. Shane played a good kick on the one and almost made it. Wu followed with a gutsy run out, the best shot being his position from the one to the three.

At 10-10 with Raga, Wu made a great kick shot on the two to leave Raga in a quandary what to do. Raga looked several times at cutting the two ball into the corner, using the four ball as a sideboard. He wanted to shoot that shot and finally changed his mind and went for the safety that failed. He regretted that decision after the shot cost him the match. The old saying applies here, "think long, think wrong." His first instincts were probably the best.

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Wu won two great hill-hill matches back to back. Shane played a good kick on the one and almost made it. Wu followed with a gutsy run out, the best shot being his position from the one to the three.

At 10-10 with Raga, Wu made a great kick shot on the one to leave Raga in a quandary what to do. Raga looked several times at cutting the one ball into the corner, using the four ball as a sideboard. He wanted to shoot that shot and finally changed his mind and went for the safety that failed. He regretted that decision after the shot cost him the match. The old saying applies here, "think long, think wrong." His first instincts were probably the best.

"think long, think wrong." My favorite Jayism.

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does fargo system consider the "last played time" or in other words "frequency" for a player.

For example if Jiaqing Wu right now for some reason will never play a match of pool any more his score will be 828 for forever? He will likely stay on the top of the list for a really long time.

Sorry if I miss anything but Mike Dechaine 802 HUH? the guy doesn't play any more.

JC

Coos Cues
It looked to me that Siming plays with a very seasoned old fashioned maple shaft with a hearty diameter.

Could that be true in this world of LD?