recovered my table, can i brush the felt every night?

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't use the spray stuff.

If your last cloth only lasted 9 months with three hours a day of play, it was either cheap cloth or you weren't cleaning it correctly.

Vacuuming after eight hours of play is not too often. That pulls the chalk dust out of the cloth. A brush tends to spread the chalk around and work it into the cloth.

In the old days some table mechanics used plaster of Paris for the seams between the slates and that could crack and get pulled up by the vacuum. I hope your installers used something more permanent. I think a little hand vac is not strong enough for the job.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is the best advise.
The very best 3Cushion rooms vacuum after every game no matter how long it takes. 30 Min - 1.5 hours.

On my 3C table I thoroughly vacuum then come back with a very lightly damp micro fiber cloth. Wring evey drop out. Turn it over after each slate. 6X getting around. Cloth is folded in 4ths.

Wipe, Do not Scrub.

Don't forget the rail nose.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Vacuuming after eight hours of play is not too often. That pulls the chalk dust out of the cloth. A brush tends to spread the chalk around and work it into the cloth.

The very best 3Cushion rooms vacuum after every game no matter how long it takes. 30 Min - 1.5 hours.

On my 3C table I thoroughly vacuum then come back with a very lightly damp micro fiber cloth. Wring evey drop out. Turn it over after each slate. 6X getting around. Cloth is folded in 4ths.

Wipe, Do not Scrub.

Don't forget the rail nose.
Almost exactly what I do - vacuum (suction only, no brush) and damp wipe daily (even wipe out the drop pockets occasionally). Never a problem with the 860 HR I play on.

With the first 860 on my home table I made the mistake of vacuuming it with a rotary brush - nice and clean alright, but it slowed the cloth down noticably over time.

pj
chgo

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the cloth i replaced was royal blue siminoes. so it was good felt, but it just got dirty, grimy, nasty. i probally should have tryed the hot water and a microfiber towel, that sounds like good advice.

this is why i started this tread. i want my new 860 HR to last for quite a while. i do like the idea of steaming hot water and a microfiber towel to wipe down the tabler:wink:

i did buy the X1 from amazon, but after trying it out a few times, for 86 bucks, i sent it back. was not worth the money to me.

thanks again for all of the ideas and comments. gotta keep that felt clean!!!!

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the cloth i replaced was royal blue siminoes. so it was good felt, but it just got dirty, grimy, nasty. i probally should have tryed the hot water and a microfiber towel, that sounds like good advice.

this is why i started this tread. i want my new 860 HR to last for quite a while. i do like the idea of steaming hot water and a microfiber towel to wipe down the tabler:wink:

i did buy the X1 from amazon, but after trying it out a few times, for 86 bucks, i sent it back. was not worth the money to me.

thanks again for all of the ideas and comments. gotta keep that felt clean!!!!

No need to boil water, just warm tap water and make sure you ring it out good. Wash the microfiber cloths in the washer, when you throw them in the dryer, don't use any dryer sheets. The dryer sheets will take the static properties out of the microfiber cloths.