Dammit! Just added 2 more Mezz to my cue family

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After telling myself "no more cue purchases", I was randomly browsing the Mezz site and just had to pull the trigger. Not to mention, it felt like a 'deal' getting 2 cues for $1200 compared to the $1500 I thought about dropping on the Efren cue originally.

Picked up an EC7-K & Axi-151...both with 30" WX900s

I realized the only plain black cue I had was my 90's Earl Strickland carbon fiber looking w/ rubber grip that I mated a new R360 to; plays nice, but it weighs 20 oz. and I'm not a Cuetec fan...so I thought the black-stained birds eye maple looked so awesome seeing swirls of the grain in the wood (I prefer look of Axi-K w/ white joint collar and speckled wrap, but from online pics it looks more painted black) <-- If I am incorrect on this, please let me know!

Realized over thirty cue purchases that I like 4-point designs the most, but all of the 4-pointers I own have veneers--sans my Joss 44, but that has a diamond shape inlays at base of points--so I wanted a plainer model than my Axi-155 and the 151 fit that description--had plain ebony points and forearm was a darker stain and was unique in color compared to my Meuccis & Schons. One thing I didn't realize with this cue is that the butt sleeve is Ebony and you can only really see the dark brown under certain lighting, so hopefully the pictures show it well.

It's pretty obvious by my previous posts that Mezz is my favorite brand, and I'm sure you can guess what my favorite shaft is. Honestly, just something about that Mezz' quality that I can't get enough of!

vjbW7ZYl.jpg
rMI780nl.jpg

JKAqFWwl.jpg
R5q5taUl.jpg

kAFzNFEl.jpg
CpI91E6l.jpg

lYrPdTxl.jpg
z5KZFKNl.jpg

T7WdFYRl.jpg
ZLDK39hh.jpg

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah mezz is a cut above for production cues IMO. Love the ignite shaft. Hits better than most wood shafts I've ever played with when paired with a soft tip.

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Mezz cues as well and I've had my eye on the AXI-151 for a few years now, might pick one up down the road some time. Enjoy your cues for years to come!

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Mezz cues as well and I've had my eye on the AXI-151 for a few years now, might pick one up down the road some time. Enjoy your cues for years to come!

That was the same with me, I've been looking at for a while even after getting the pricier, beautiful Axi-155. Now that I think about it, the real reason I likely purchased both of these because I was a little worried the designs will change/go away, as I'm not a fan of the CP-series and they have what seems like a newer Ace series called "Ace 18"...not sure if it will completely replace the other Ace series or sell next to them?

Been planning on getting a Tri-Blue Color stacked-leather wrap for the Axi-155 since I first picked it up as shown below (I think it could look really good, as the blue leather has some orange-ish underneath it that matches up to the orange-ish Juma wood points).

DyJ7VkJl.jpg
DUN9eLpl.png

Now thinking of White/Red spec Irish Linen on the black EC7-K (or any color to make the black birdseye wood really pop, could be something crazy like Purple/White, Red/White, Blue/Black...or possibly go up to stacked leather in Green/Black , Natural, Golden). (disregard the red circle around Navy/White linen...that I was thinking for the Axi-155 before seeing the Tri-Blue leather).

4MI4ApPl.jpg
ADa2RlZm.png

mQdp9bmh.png

Any suggestions welcome.