Match Of The Century-Orcollo v Van Boening (Nov 7-9),10ball Race to 120 (Sterling VA)

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
They're not paying attention.
SVB STAYS DOWN ON HIS SHOTS and has not missed many easy balls.
Shane has more QUIET EYES when shooting and long slow back swing.

Dennis has taken way too many shots for granted and has bobbled them.
He just brain farted on that 7-ball safe too. Lord, give it distance.
The reason SVB wins these things (and US Opens etc) is he works up to them. It's not coincidence that this took place just before Mosconi. Shane trained and is READY. DO sees SVB raging like a bull and making packages + almost everytime DO doesn't finish, SVB mops up. This is tough to fade for anyone.

Then you get to watch him break perfect 94 times and you know in your heart you can't keep up.

SVB gets up for matches like this. Big Money. His format. Throw in a little personal rivalry and it's lights out time. It's like watching Tyson in the 80's. Not who wins. Just how long.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roy's gonna need the support. Team SVB will be owning his basement tomorrow night (sorry couldn't help myself).

So you are saying Shane will wear a shirt tomorrow that says “this website is now named ‘Shane’s Basement”?

Thats some serious trash talking :grin-square:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reason SVB wins these things (and US Opens etc) is he works up to them. It's not coincidence that this took place just before Mosconi. Shane trained and is READY. DO sees SVB raging like a bull and making packages + almost everytime DO doesn't finish, SVB mops up. This is tough to fade for anyone.

Then you get to watch him break perfect 94 times and you know in your heart you can't keep up.

SVB gets up for matches like this. Big Money. His format. Throw in a little personal rivalry and it's lights out time. It's like watching Tyson in the 80's. Not who wins. Just how long.

Really well said. This is exactly what is happening here.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
At this point, a reasonable question is whether DO can get to 80
before Shane hits the buzzer at 120.

Will Prout

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
The Money King is dead! Long live the new Money King! :thumbup:

In the words of Fast Eddie. Don’t get off me now Burt! Come on Jay. DO needs some home cooking.

a9b3efb75b25838243f0305ab309e185.jpg
a9b3efb75b25838243f0305ab309e185.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
The Money King is dead! Long live the new Money King! :thumbup:

Shane been the king for a long time.

DO being the money king was like Scott Frost being the best 1pckt player on the planet.

By the way, there's an older guy here says he knew you from back in the day, I believe from Mirage, he was a dealer and lived in Vegas for 30 years named Dale.

Played a lot of pool and knows all the old timers.

Funny thing is, he lived right down the street from your place out there.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Dennis is gonna be painting Roy's house, shoveling snow all winter, mowing the lawn all next year, and probably shoveling snow again the following winter.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shane been the king for a long time.

DO being the money king was like Scott Frost being the best 1pckt player on the planet.

By the way, there's an older guy here says he knew you from back in the day, I believe from Mirage, he was a dealer and lived in Vegas for 30 years named Dale.

Played a lot of pool and knows all the old timers.

Funny thing is, he lived right down the street from your place out there.

Dale could play a little too. Say hi for me.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I will. He says hi also.

He has a lotttttt of good stories.

He played a lot of good players! Send me a pic on my cell/e-mail pls. I haven't seen him in over 30-35 years. I got hung up trying to make a living at this game. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reminds me...

This match reminds me of the TAR match they played years ago. I can't help but feel Shane has gotten into his head. I feel Dennis is a better shooter then what we are seeing.

Maybe some guys will think Dennis is easy pickings now and want to play him some 10 Ball.

I hope some day Shane agrees to a One Pocket Match with Dennis. Ya Dennis will probably win, but I think Shane has the table skills to be good at most any game if he puts in the time.

Tomorrow is another day, will be interesting to see if Shane can keep the beat down going.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
He played a lot of good players! Send me a pic on my cell/e-mail pls. I haven't seen him in over 30-35 years. I got hung up trying to make a living at this game. :rolleyes:

We were gonna give you a call today, but I went and played poker first and didnt get there till after it started.

MGM National Harbor may be the best poker room in the country right now.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This match reminds me of the TAR match they played years ago. I can't help but feel Shane has gotten into his head. I feel Dennis is a better shooter then what we are seeing.

Maybe some guys will think Dennis is easy pickings now and want to play him some 10 Ball.

I hope some day Shane agrees to a One Pocket Match with Dennis. Ya Dennis will probably win, but I think Shane has the table skills to be good at most any game if he puts in the time.

Tomorrow is another day, will be interesting to see if Shane can keep the beat down going.

Dennis beating Tony doesn't make him a favorite against Shane in 1pkt.

DO's skill set trumped Tony's specialization, but Shane has as much or more firepower, knows the game as good or better, and 100 percent owns him psychologically.

Last edited:

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DO lost one match to Tony but won the war. So isn’t this going to DO first big loss in a long while.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'm not sure DO is even the best 10-ball player in roy's stable. aranas has a killer break..

Why would Roy put someone other than his best horse in a race against someone thats been considered the best 10 ball player on the planet for a long time.

Jeff