Joe Picone's "It'sahdeal" ebay Delrin Joint Protectors

alpinestudio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello. This is a review on the Delrin joint protectors from ebay by "itsahdeal". I believe it is made by or distributed by Joe Picone who heads his itsahdeal store on ebay. The sets that he sells comes with 1 butt joint protector and 2 shaft joint protectors for around a little under $14.00 with free shipping. They come in 3/8x10, 5/16x18, and 5/16x14 piloted sizes. Colors come in either white or black.

Shapes come in a smooth semi round top, which is similar to custom joint protectors that you see, vs the flat top. Pictures can be found on his ebay store. You can have the tops of them numbered upon request, free of charge, which I think is a fantastic deal.

The Delrin joint protectors themselves are high quality and looks to be very hard to scratch or break, vs the generic joint protectors with plastic screw on's. The shaft joint protector screws are brass and shiny.

I bought a white set and a black set of 5/16x18 joint size. They screw on pretty well. Not tight and not too loose. The joint protectors seem a bit bigger than the other ones I'm used to, but it fits my case without any issues. When I hold the joint protectors together with one hand, they clank like marble and feel solid. I bought the white set a month ago and they still have no issues and no scratches so far.

Overall I recommend these joint protectors as they are high quality and an amazing deal, vs other Delrin joint protectors that I've seen on the market. I'm pleased with the service with itsahdeal as they are on par with the service I get also from joerackem, another ebay billiards store.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
I was browsing this joint protector last night. How does the numbering on top of joint protector feel? From the pictures, seems like painted on instead.

For the white version, its pearl white or normal white? I'm concerned as it might turn yellowish over time.

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jp

Just got mine from Joe and it seems to be a very good product for a very fair price. Mine did not have the numbers on them since I purchased them on bay.

boatbeach

Banned
Joesph Picone is a noted builder of cues and has a page in the Blue Book of Cues.
cannot remember which volume or how many times he's mentioned.
as far as the Picone joint Protectors are concerned, you wont find better.
you'll find Custom and you'll find Expensive, but you will not find better.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
Just wondering how you people contact Picone Cues? I've already made payment few days back and emailed Joseph to inform him but it has been days and I don't get any reply from him.

I understand he is a busy man but if by next Monday I still don't get any reply, I would most probably be requesting a refund through Paypal.

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've bought a couple sets thru eBay with no problem.... Other than through eBay I'm not sure how to get in touch with him... Good luck

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
Finally he replied my email and said it will be shipping on 2nd of October. I'm a happy boy now. :)