Denis Searing makes the BEST Coffee of all Cue Makers

boti2634

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Peet's

Good afternoon all!

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried Peet's Coffee?

Best,

Paul

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
My oldest boy has been in coffee since he was 15, illegally busing tables for Uncommon Grounds here in Saratoga Springs, NY. He turns 30 in a couple weeks, so that's 15 years experience. He's now down in Brooklyn working for Blue Bottle Coffee, which makes the best cuppa Joe in the Metropolitan NY area. They have a buyer who is constantly discovering small estate coffees with subtle qualities you have to taste to understand.

Best part is I've been getting the best coffees in the world for next to nothing all this time. He sends me a CARE package of freshly roasted beans every week or so, or every time they over-roast (they only keep roasted coffee for about four days, then give it to the help or toss it). I am spoiled for life now, so if he ever gets out of the coffee business, I'm gonna have to face the fact that my coffee costs up to $45/lb. retail, and I may need a part-time job just to support my habit.:eek:

Check out their site, it's pretty impressive.

http://www.bluebottlecoffee.com/

Their espresso machines cost about as much as a BMW, but they make a perfect extraction in the hands of a trained pro. If any of you are coming to the 14.1 event at Steinway and you find yourself in Brooklyn (which you probably will, like it or not, lol) go to the Berry. St location and ask for Nic. He'll set you up with a latte to die for. This ain't no Starbuck's latte grande shit (or grande latte or whatever), this is the real deal, complete with a temporary work of art floating on the top.

Now...

Maybe, just maybe, Dennis will sneak me up to the top of his list if I agree to provide him with a steady source of Burundi Pierre C.O.E. or the like. Just a thought, nothing more.:cool:

This is sweet.

Unless you start sending Eric and I some small samples regularly we'll have no choice but to report you and have you banned.

Thank you and we'll be looking forward to our weekly batch.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is sweet.

Unless you start sending Eric and I some small samples regularly we'll have no choice but to report you and have you banned.

Thank you and we'll be looking forward to our weekly batch.

thanks, See Steve is my new manager, now that "Im old and sloppy" He looks out for my affairs, cause i'm out of control.

He does collections and strong arm work as well.

thanks good lookin' out!!!

;););)

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Best,,,,!!!

Good afternoon all!

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried Peet's Coffee?

Best,

Paul

Yeah Paul,,,,

I was out in San Diego last year for a fitness convention , and my buddies turned me onto it,,,,

It is The BEST I've ever tried,,,and now get it shipped to me here in N.Y...

Peet's is a major celebrity hangout,,,,,Jane Fonda was walking out just as we were coming in,,,,,,,,

There are quite a few in Cali,,,,,,,All Great,,,,,,,,!!

Alan,,,,,,,:thumbup:

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
I might have visited there someday if you had written that Jane Fonda was being thrown out just as we were walking in.

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know there has been lots of coffee talk, and this is a pool forum, So In keeping with the rules, I wanted to talk about pool and stay with the current trend of coffee.

So I was thinking about it, and last summer I was at Denis's shop lots of times and this guy, forget his cues, makes AMAZING coffee, we talked about it, he is really into it.

Then a few months go past we dont speak and early one morning I get a TXT os a beautiful cup of coffee, then a pic of a machine. Denis went out and got himself a new machine for his shop. perhaps he will build cues faster now-had to say it D sorry:eek::eek::wink:

There was Billiards and Bagles in Oregon for years. Perhaps we shall see Billiards and Coffee soon enough.

anyways thats my coffee story of the day, perhaps Denis will say something on this thread,

best

Eric

this machine :wink::) ?

Attachments

• P1010528a.jpg
    P1010528a.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 209

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah Paul,,,,

I was out in San Diego last year for a fitness convention , and my buddies turned me onto it,,,,

It is The BEST I've ever tried,,,and now get it shipped to me here in N.Y...

Peet's is a major celebrity hangout,,,,,Jane Fonda was walking out just as we were coming in,,,,,,,,

There are quite a few in Cali,,,,,,,All Great,,,,,,,,!!

Alan,,,,,,,:thumbup:

Peet's was started in Berkley Ca a few years before Starbucks, used to go to one in Santa Monica and one in Beverly Hills when they expanded to SoCal in 94 or 95, they were GREAT.

Sadly I think Starbucks has bought them out like they have Seattle's Best.

Jane Fonda started her workout video's and filmed them on Robertson Bl in Beverly Hills the address would be about 367 to 371 South Robertson Bl, I moved there to work in a phone room at 325 S. Robertson Bl back in 93. I was walking down the street one day and this guy was outside putting up a sign, he was opening a martial arts studio, he gave me the tour and told me the story, some time later I saw a few minutes of one of the video 's she did and it was there. What amazed me about the whole thing is she rented this space for nothing and created a huge success with no big up front expense, sure she had the celeb card and looks. But i was very impressed with her business acumen. The martial arts guy was gone in a year, no customers. i never saw JAne she was gone for a long time before i showed up. the power of marketing is amazing

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this machine :wink::) ?

yes thats the one, i got a txt of it one morning, VERY COOL txt, i like Denis. aside from cues, i really like Denis, he is relaxed, does great work, makes great coffee and plays pool. his puppy is cute too.

I for what ever reason have always got along with cue makers on a close personal level for many years-not because i spent big bucks with them, Jerry and I were super close and i couldnt afford one of his fancy cues. i cant change a tip. so there is no common ground there, but on other things there is, adds a nice layer to life knowing these guys, i'm interested in woods and construction and technical stuff, not to play better just for the sake of knowlege. i'm a player first, cue guy 2nd.

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Peet's,,,,,,

Peet's was started in Berkley Ca a few years before Starbucks, used to go to one in Santa Monica and one in Beverly Hills when they expanded to SoCal in 94 or 95, they were GREAT.

Jane Fonda started her workout video's and filmed them on Robertson Bl in Beverly Hills the address would be about 367 to 371 South Robertson Bl, I moved there to work in a phone room at 325 S. Robertson Bl back in 93. I was walking down the street one day and this guy was outside putting up a sign, he was opening a martial arts studio, he gave me the tour and told me the story, some time later I saw a few minutes of one of the video 's she did and it was there. What amazed me about the whole thing is she rented this space for nothing and created a huge success with no big up front expense, sure she had the celeb card and looks. But i was very impressed with her business acumen. The martial arts guy was gone in a year, no customers. i never saw JAne she was gone for a long time before i showed up. the power of marketing is amazing

Cool info Eric on Peet's history,,,,,

Check out their site,,,,,,,,

http://www.peets.com/

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks,

i am not 100% sure what SBux did, i'll look it up and post it later, i'm off to bed now, no BB for me tonight have to get up early and go to the airport.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Thanks Underclocked. That was the grocery where I last bought some. Will try and look at the Farmer Brothers (don't care for their coffee) later for more Cain's stuff.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Hey Eric, that's real interesting! I'm a huge coffee drinker myself...I only resort to americano if I'm out and don't have access to good coffee shops...that's like eating Pizza from Pizza Hut for me...absolute last resort..

So does Eric buy beans and roast them himself? How does he cook his coffee? Coffee Siphon? Moka Pot? Or Espresso Machine? Hopefully I have the good fortune of trying his coffee someday :)

Speaking of which...I need coffee now...

Maik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Eric,have a save trip home.was a big pleasure to meet u here a few times,enjoyed this really much. And yes,good coffee is an must have! Hope u enjoy the tamper:) next Time in munich i have to talk to cuemaker Cem to buy an Espresso machine also:grin-square:
Best,Maik

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, when it comes to coffee, I only recognize one way of making it - from green beans. I buy mine, fry them, then grind just what I need to make a cup or two. And I grind them super fine, almost to powder. No machines, just copper coffee maker, cold water, some sugar if needed and a hot plate with sand. That is how you make REAL coffee - on a hot sand. Let it come up slowly. Machines imo ruin coffee.
Do not have time to take pictures of my setup and upload so, borrowed some from Google :D
But I have exactly same grinder and hot sand plate.
mlin-za-kafi-1.jpg

5816456-The_authentic_Greek_coffee_prepared_on_hot_sand_Athens.jpg

393140_508899969174579_2064503199_n.jpg

tumblr_m8oko7Ki8f1rx7fmro1_500.jpg

dzezva-1-500x375.jpg

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you saw Jane you should have knocked her the hell out...:angry:

Traitor.

Ken