Happy Memorial Day!

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
..............................Sorry to any offended by my original post.

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry ....i was told that from a marine that lost a brother i never forgot it

Last edited:

sdello

Registered
Memorial Day is set aside for remembering those that died while serving their country. It is not a happy day. It is a day of rememberance of comrades, friends, and family members who have fallen in service to their country. Never wish anyone a Happy Memorial Day. If you can't think of something more appropriate to say, simply say nothing.Memorial Day is not supposed to be a day of celebration (that's Veterans Day) but one of mourning the fallen.

Pretty harsh IMHO. You are correct, but it could've been worded better.

I'd like to send my thanks and condolences to the fallen and the families of the fallen. If you've ever attended a wake or funeral, it's often a celebration of the individual's life. Memorial Day is a remembrance of those who gave all for this country and we should celebrate them as their sacrifice was not in vain and all Americans should be grateful to them.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Memorial Day is set aside for remembering those that died while serving their country. It is not a happy day. It is a day of rememberance of comrades, friends, and family members who have fallen in service to their country. Never wish anyone a Happy Memorial Day. If you can't think of something more appropriate to say, simply say nothing.Memorial Day is not supposed to be a day of celebration (that's Veterans Day) but one of mourning the fallen.

Lighten up, no one need an lesson in what this day means. I am sure no one was offended.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I view it as a day to celebrate those that made a decision to serve and sacrifice for their country, understanding that they knew what they were doing and would do it again. It is a time of celebration in that context. Regardless, i'll delete my original post because clearly some have issues with that line of thought. It is a time to honor the fallen, and somber in that regard, but it is also a time to celebrate the honor with which they served.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
my solemn moment of respect

I didn't take this picture at Cypress Hills National Cemetery, but please don't also forget to remember him on Memorial Day.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 2.52.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 2.52.13 PM.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 92