The Hustlers Week 3: Episode 5 Thread

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I am glad they went to just showing one episode at a time per week. I think the double episodes were good for the first two weeks. Maybe it's because I'm a pool player, that I get a bit bored by the second one. If this show continues to grow with each new episode, it has to be good for pool and poolrooms. Johnnyt

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am glad they went to just showing one episode at a time per week. I think the double episodes were good for the first two weeks. Maybe it's because I'm a pool player, that I get a bit bored by the second one. If this show continues to grow with each new episode, it has to be good for pool and poolrooms. Johnnyt
I assume that they doubled up on episodes because the show was originally supposed to air on May 3rd but didn't air until May 22nd.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Enjoying this show and fun to have those of you from the show come in here and talk about it, too!

Episode 5 was really good I thought, the broom handle scene was fun and I agree the match editing has gotten really good. I like the idea of bringing more player into "the list" as five seemed awfully limiting.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
That is also a concern of Ross Lacy. Let's watch and see how it unfolds. :)

Thanks for the link, I have seen all the episodes. What I was referring to was his ability and the lack of another player of his caliber on the show. On another note I wonder what action Mike could find in most places, it's not like he's sneaking up on anyone. I'm not even sure there is a pool hall in Boston these days anyway.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 7.52.29 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 7.52.29 AM.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 412

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I really liked this episode. I'd say it was the best one so far.

Side note: That Smiley is the cutest thing ever

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
She's just to over the top fake. That's what annoys me most. I actually had to shut it off the other night, and finish on DVR. My wife just could NOT take it anymore.

She's the biggest reason I watch the show.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So did the six ball move or not? It looks like it holds completely still in the replay but Jennifer and Emily were right there and agreed that it moved.

I'd like to see dechaine with that broom stick. Finnegan did well with it, but I think dechaine would bring it to a whole new level.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a suckers bet in most cases any decent player would have drilled that guy with all that weight

Kaiser Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So did the six ball move or not? It looks like it holds completely still in the replay but Jennifer and Emily were right there and agreed that it moved.

I'd like to see dechaine with that broom stick. Finnegan did well with it, but I think dechaine would bring it to a whole new level.

I thought I saw a wobble but could be just me.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I think last nights episode was the best so far. Prob cuz there were more games. And Mike D. too.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened in the one match? Can't think of his name. Broom match. Accidental double bank on the six. Looked like next shot should have been a bank in the side. They come back and it's an easy cut in the side. No where near where the seven should have been. Like the characters but still have no idea what I am watching. Games and matches apparently are made up. Which is a let down.

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened in the one match? Can't think of his name. Broom match. Accidental double bank on the six. Looked like next shot should have been a bank in the side. They come back and it's an easy cut in the side. No where near where the seven should have been. Like the characters but still have no idea what I am watching. Games and matches apparently are made up. Which is a let down.

no matches are altered no shots are changed,edited for time yes but what you think is a bank scotty make cut in the side

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it's just the editing. Scottie may have missed the bank. Finnegan may have missed the next shot and that was scottie next shot. Just made it appear to be consecutive shots.

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unbelievably, good for pool?!!

Season 1, Episode 5
Pros and Conmen
First Aired: June 5, 2015
Mike and Jarrod make the move to New York. Also, Finnegan tries to hustle Scotty.
Watch Soon

FRIDAYJUN 510:00PMTRUTV
SATURDAYJUN 62:01AMTRUTV
SATURDAYJUN 611:00AMTRUTV

This week should see the biggest ratings yet for the show. Foxnews coverage was early in the week with Mike and Jennifer doing some PR work.

According to Mikey Frost, Finnegan and Scotty play with broom handles which should be some good laughs. Also looking forward to seeing Jarrod and Mike back in action.

Well-----I guess you have to say, "who would even believe that any T.V. station would air a show about pool?"
(i.m.h.o.) This will give the public something about this sport that, they, the non-pool playing, general public "may be able to watch, enjoy, and understand! A glimpse into the fight aspect of pool and the "gladiator in the arena concept inside of a local room!"
As far as casting goes and script refinements on specific characters, (I know, supposedly no script, reality T.V. and all) Who cares??? It's on T.V. and a "Hollywood level look to the cast," that's gotta be good no matter how the ratings turn out. And of the ratings,"I hope they go through the roof!"
All my best to cast and crew!
"Long live the Hustlers!!!

bquiggle

Registered
Enjoyed episode 5 because of more games, the broomstick reminded me of a night here back in the late 70's or the early 80's ( its all a little fuzzy back there) one guy said I could beat you playing with a broomstick, second guy said want to bet $150?
He bet him and beat him with the broomstick.....

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it's just the editing. Scottie may have missed the bank. Finnegan may have missed the next shot and that was scottie next shot. Just made it appear to be consecutive shots.

Yes, that is what happens when matches are edited for time. There are inconsistencies and continuity errors. In a past thread, we learned from those that were there, the match between Emily and Amy had to be edited since it took two hours to play. Some here thought it was set up because of run outs being shown.

It's all in the editing, but the matches and results are without a doubt real