Episode 2: 161,778 viewers

Friday May 29
Episode 3: 190,666 viewers
Episode 4: 146,643 viewers

Friday June 5
Episode 5: 306,341 viewers

Friday June 12
Episode 6: 218,705 viewers

Overall, six episodes generated an average viewership of 203,954 placing it fourth in TruTv line-up of reality shows.

The article goes on to quote a source to say "Friday night's traditionally generate the weeks lowest numbers across all networks, especially during the summer months. That the Hustlers was able to generate 300,000 viewers on a Friday night was an incredible feat."

If network decides to go with second season, on a better night, and during winter months who knows where the numbers will go? Let's go season 2!!!!

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BILLIARDS DIGEST July 2015
Page 30

Numbers in for first 6 episodes...
According to Nielsen ratings....

Friday May 22
Episode 1: 199,297 viewers

Friday May 29

Friday June 5

Friday June 12

Overall, six episodes generated an average viewership of 203,954 placing it fourth in TruTv line-up of reality shows.

The article goes on to quote a source to say "Friday night's traditionally generate the weeks lowest numbers across all networks, especially during the summer months. That the Hustlers was able to generate 300,000 viewers on a Friday night was an incredible feat."

If network decides to go with second season, on a better night, and during winter months who knows where the numbers will go? Let's go season 2!!!!
Thats actually good. Most of the cable news shows on MSNBC and CNN don't do much better then that. They have a good time spot and lead in though. The pawn shop show is popular. They will be back for sure. The cast is likable and we now know them. I will be interested in what they are up to.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool, thanks for posting. Hope it does get a second season!

No reality tv show deserves a second season. Specially one that is completely scripted and setup. Ever notice during their table shots that between the player shots, balls randomly change position without the cue ball ever touching those balls? Stop supporting a show that is degrading to pool. "Hustlers", and not just the show, are why people avoid pool. It's also one of the reasons there is no pro pool. So much 'coolness' in the pool world of being a big gambler no one wants to be good anymore and this show is prime indication.

2strong4u

Banned
No reality tv show deserves a second season. Specially one that is completely scripted and setup. Ever notice during their table shots that between the player shots, balls randomly change position without the cue ball ever touching those balls? Stop supporting a show that is degrading to pool. "Hustlers", and not just the show, are why people avoid pool. It's also one of the reasons there is no pro pool. So much 'coolness' in the pool world of being a big gambler no one wants to be good anymore and this show is prime indication.

Look buddy, if some bald freak wants to try and spot people balls and play with a broomstick you can't stop that. This is America dude...it don't have to make sense.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's fun to watch and better than no pool at all on TV. They may not all be "A" players but that is the way it is in poolrooms, mostly "B" players. The actors/players are real players and play the game with a passion when they are not filming. I don't see that it is degrading to pool. To the contrary, they make pool fun. And besides, I like looking at Emily.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The moving ball theory has been debunked many times over the past 6 weeks with cast members, crew members, and rail birds watching the filming chiming in with the same explanation. The balls move because innings are edited out to fit matches into the time available. So you will miss a safety battle and see the runs that bookend said safety battle.

Here is the Emmy award winning producer quoted in last months billiards digest....

“This kind of reality show is a docuseries,” explained Piligian. “It evolves from week to week. It’s a betting show, with players trying to knock the person above them off the list.

“These games are real,” Piligian emphasized. “They’re playing for real money. You can watch the game unfold, and there is a real winner and a real loser.”

http://billiardsdigest.com/new_current_issue/june_15/bb_index.php

The Hustlers is a competition reality show. Big difference between that and Kardashians/Dog the Bounty Hunter, etc.

2strong4u

Banned
The moving ball theory has been debunked many times over the past 6 weeks with cast members, crew members, and rail birds watching the filming chiming in with the same explanation. The balls move because innings are edited out to fit matches into the time available. So you will miss a safety battle and see the runs that bookend said safety battle.

Here is the Emmy award winning producer quoted in last months billiards digest....

“This kind of reality show is a docuseries,” explained Piligian. “It evolves from week to week. It’s a betting show, with players trying to knock the person above them off the list.

“These games are real,” Piligian emphasized. “They’re playing for real money. You can watch the game unfold, and there is a real winner and a real loser.”

http://billiardsdigest.com/new_current_issue/june_15/bb_index.php

The Hustlers is a competition reality show. Big difference between that and Kardashians/Dog the Bounty Hunter, etc.

Must be a whole lot of missing?
How much they pay you to sell this pig??

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As for all of the antics that goes on on the Hustler, they are a touch exaggerated but I see this kind of stuff in the rooms that I play in if you catch it at the right time of day. Where do you play that everyone is so civil?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Anyone know what are the typical numbers for Friday night timeslot for other channels, or TruTV? If these numbers exceeds the expectations for Friday night, it may be safer to stay there until popularity grows strong enough to compete on a different night.

If you want more pool on TV, whether you like the show's format or not, its in your best interest that this show gets a second season.

Renewed for a second season means advertisers, and investors are more open to hear propositions on pool themed shows. If you want to see twue pool on TV, The Hustlers is the stepping stone.

I hope someone decides to knock it off and we have more shows like it.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm just a fan of pocket billiards who loves seeing it on TV. The sport deserves more recognition in a world where ESPN airs national spelling bees and Corn hole championships before billiards.

The players and the sport deserve recognition for their hard work. And to think for 8 weeks, a quarter million (or more) people gather in the arena of television to watch Dechaine or Jennifer or the rest of the cast perform this sport makes me smile.

These players deserve all the recognition they get from this series-and I only wish a second season so other players can find their moment in the spotlight. They've invested the hours of work and sacrifice. I respect the fact that all those hours aren't going unrecognized due to this series.

Horsetrader

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the show. I mean it's not like truly traveling around and matching up but hey, I assume with twitter, Facebook it would be hard to hustle these days. Imagine laying low, beating some poor guy and then he's shown a video on how your really play. NOPE, the good old days are gone I'm afraid. Of course for me, I personally I love the money I won when the player thought he knew my speed and I thought I knew his. This isn't hustling, just a difference of opinion and solved with, "who counts the money in the end". I truly never liked hustling pool. I don't miss it at all, plus these days I don't need the money. Thanks to the Good Lord!

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BILLIARDS DIGEST July 2015
Page 30

Numbers in for first 6 episodes...
According to Nielsen ratings....

Friday May 22
Episode 1: 199,297 viewers

Friday May 29

Friday June 5

Friday June 12

Where are you getting those numbers from I looked up them a couple times and it was way down true TVs list

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
It's about my favorite show.
What else is there to watch except for Prancing Divas, Gators, Alone & Stupid, and short people

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where are you getting those numbers from I looked up them a couple times and it was way down true TVs list

Billiards DIGEST July 2015
Pages 30-32

For the reporting period of 5/18-6/12
The Hustlers was #4 most popular TruTV series on average viewership

1. TruTV Top Funniest 308,975 viewers
2. Fake Off. 217,861 viewers
3. How To Be A Grown-up. 207,997 viewers
4. The Hustlers. 203,954 viewers
6. Barmageddon 159,271 viewers

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Season Two - Amy leaves Ross for Mike D.
- Earl makes an appearance to play Gary and the show tops 1 million viewers for a single episode .

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billiards DIGEST July 2015
Pages 30-32

For the reporting period of 5/18-6/12
The Hustlers was #4 most popular TruTV series on average viewership

1. TruTV Top Funniest 308,975 viewers
2. Fake Off. 217,861 viewers
3. How To Be A Grown-up. 207,997 viewers
4. The Hustlers. 203,954 viewers
6. Barmageddon 159,271 viewers

Where's Hardcore pawn ,, this Friday looking at the listing they have 32 shows Hustlers has 2

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Read the posts by Frost and the youtube interview of Finnegan, they explain why the balls jump around on the show.

Basically, they have the players setup some shots again to re-shoot them, since they don't remember the exact lay-out, the balls jump around in position during the airing of the show after editing.

My worry about the show lasting for a while is that unless they expand into other areas and players, it will get boring just seeing someone say "Ok, I'm playing you now" 3 times an episode.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Season Two - Amy leaves Ross for Mike D.
- Earl makes an appearance to play Gary and the show tops 1 million viewers for a single episode .

Holy cow that would be AWESOME. It would be like that scene from scanners when that dudes head blows up but I am not sure whose would first.

As far as the show is concerned, of course it is staged and hokey but it has to attract the masses. Besides, no matter how much of a purest you are, more people watching the better it is for pool. Heck, my 10 year old son likes the show. It might be because it comes on after Worlds Dumbest something or other but I caught him the other day watching it On Demand. :thumbup:

Keep it going.