The cue you WONT let go...

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a few cues come and go the last couple of years.
It may seem odd to some of you but I will never part with my Lucasi Cocobolo cue.
It's not worth much money but I just love the cue.

Doesn't sound silly, I have a beat up Lucasi I bought for $15 from pawn shop I don't think I will ever get rid of. Reason being, about two years ago I played the the absolute best session of one pocket that I ever had. No lie the entire 4-5 hours was amazing and absolute perfection in every sense of the word. If possible I was probably playing 10 balls over my head! Lol Anyway I'll keep it forever with just the hopes it has just one more sessions worth of magic left in it.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
3rd Catalog Palmer

My 3rd Catalog Palmer. Click on my profile for pictures.

I've changed the wrap recently, but my dad bought me that cue when I was 9. First cue I ever owned. The only reason I'm trying not to play with it is because it's getting old. Original shaft, and I'm worried someday it'll break, or get lifted somehow.
I know 3rd catalog isn't worth much monetarily, but this cue holds more value than what anyone would be willing to pay for, barring a crisis, as the OP said.

Thanks all.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A 1990 burl Dufferin that belonged to my grandpa. It was the first cue he got after he was diagnosed with mesothelioma. He used to steamroll everyone at his senior citizen's center. I can still see him stalking around the table with his bottled oxygen draped around his shoulder.

He was well past 70 with only a couple years left before I ever beat him straight up in 14.1. That dang cue is still a heck of a player...

krychekrowe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Mezzified Judd JT-1. Had a cuemaker add a wavy pin and add the mezz x bumper. The cue has a ziricote handle which I have never seen on a JT-1 before. Won't sell it cause nobody will probably want a altered JT-1.

Plays great with the Mezz shafts though

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456863466.333968.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456863506.231848.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Mottey Hoppe.

This is my keeper. Mottey Hoppe with a Cortland wrap. I love it.

Attachments

• 20151124_224712.jpg
    20151124_224712.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 662
  • 20151124_224755.jpg
    20151124_224755.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 645
  • 20151124_224720.jpg
    20151124_224720.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 666
  • 20151124_224727.jpg
    20151124_224727.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 743

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was the first real cue I ever owned, bought it in the late 80s. It's a McDermott D4 and a second shaft (original 314 with an original Moori medium tip). It's not worth much, but it has sentimental value. I don't think I could bring myself to sell it.

20540276325_5db57ce3b7_b.jpg

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To avoid the complication of “possession with intent to sell”, I will be keeping almost all of my cues.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What cue do you own you will NEVER let go... Baring MAJOR hardship of course...

Cues can be funny. I am playing with a cue I built like 30 years ago. I loved playing with it but felt the need to play with a somewhat fancier cue. I started playing with a fancy inlayed cue and put my old cue away. A couple years ago I too it out with intention of converting it to a break cue. I started hitting balls with it and thought "WTF".

I had forgotten how much I like the cue and how good it felt. That was it, I don't think I will play with another cue any more, this cue is it. It is a low dollar cue I would not trade or sell for high dollars. A cue you really like is priceless. You spend years trying to find that magic cue, when you finally get one, don't let go of it.

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
I hope I never have to part with this beauty....

I had looked for an ebony on ebony Omega/dpk for a longtime. When I found this rare ebony on ebony Omega/dpk 6 pointer, I had never seen a 6 pointed dpk. I hope I never have to part with this beauty.:dance::dance:
Chris:wink:

Attachments

• DSC_0288.jpg
    DSC_0288.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 459
  • DSC_0290.jpg
    DSC_0290.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 591
  • DSC_0292.jpg
    DSC_0292.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 536

Randy9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A 1985 Schon R12/15 (R12 forearm with R15 butt sleeve). I've played with many great cues but I always come back to this Schon.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Webb bocote and maple playing cue. I could part with any other cue but this one.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Man so many great cues and stories that go along with them.. Lets see/hear some more! :thumbup:

mjkeil62

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just one? Being a cue whore that's impossible, but I can narrow it down. I would keep my Mottey since I wanted one for years. Would also keep all my Madden cues. His cues are so underrated, I just don't get it. Heck there are about 20 others I couldn't sell. Mostly for sentimental reasons and/or they are just great players. Like my Cadillac Joe cue. It is a simple bar cue conversion. The finish is almost all rubbed off and the cue has that blue/grey look from being used so much, even on the butt. This cue hits amazing for me. Not to stiff and not a noodle either. For some reason I can really move the cue ball around the table where I want easily with it. Was a heck of a find too. Only paid $35 for it years ago on Ebay when the digital picture quality some guys were putting up there wasn't very good. You could barely tell it was a cue. So I took a chance and it turned out to be a great player.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I couldn't get rid of most of my cues. It'd be easier to tell you which ones I would get rid of.