CUE BALL CONTROL ... Everything You Need to Know

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I tracked them down Dave, all 3 of them!

giphy.gif
Well, at least one of them is cute.

Thanks,
Dave

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
UPDATE:
The video already has two "thumbs down" on YouTube! :eek:

What could possibly motivate somebody to click on the "thumbs down" icon after watching such an informative (and free) video? :confused:

This baffles me, but I actually find it comical and it makes me wonder what these people look like and what sort of lives they lead. :rolleyes: :shrug:

What do you guys think? I am just being dense, and maybe there are actual reasons to dislike this video? :confused:

Regards,
Dave

I agree Dave … it just doesn't make sense. The absolute worst reaction could possibly be "I knew that already" but it still shouldn't result in a thumbs down. Don't let the haters or idiots get to you. It's a wonderful video which you can be proud of. I always get something from your teachings and that's the point. Unless you're a top pro you should always be looking to pick up a nugget. Keep up the good work. You have a major fan here! :thumbup:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree Dave … it just doesn't make sense. The absolute worst reaction could possibly be "I knew that already" but it still shouldn't result in a thumbs down. Don't let the haters or idiots get to you. It's a wonderful video which you can be proud of. I always get something from your teachings and that's the point. Unless you're a top pro you should always be looking to pick up a nugget. Keep up the good work. You have a major fan here! :thumbup:
Thanks.

Catch you later,
Dave

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the excellent new video and info Dr. Dave. I can use all the help I can get :thumbup:

Quick question Dr. - What brand and spec Carbon shaft are you currently using ?

-Kat,

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
So it can't possibly be that they didn't like the video.

Most of youtube is free, so the it's informative and free is rather moot.

UPDATE:

What could possibly motivate somebody to click on the "thumbs down" icon after watching such an informative (and free) video? :confused:

This baffles me, but I actually find it comical and it makes me wonder what these people look like and what sort of lives they lead. :rolleyes: :shrug:

What do you guys think? I am just being dense, and maybe there are actual reasons to dislike this video? :confused:

Regards,
Dave

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
UPDATE:

Regards,
Dave

Just pick out a hundred random YouTube video and scroll through the comments section and you’ll see that nothing makes sense in YouTube land... so yeah just two downvotes is pretty sweet! Great video by the way, you’re getting better and better at simplifying these ideas for a mainstream audience

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
UPDATE:

Regards,
Dave

I gave you a thumbs up and thought you did a nice job. As for the thumbs down, you can't help stupid.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any body gives any of your videos a thumbs down ain't right up top and needs to come to Alabama to see a few of the head docs we got here. All thumbs up as far as I can tell, and thanks for educating us!

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
UPDATE:

Regards,
Dave
Thumbs down mean nothing. Video is great and you are getting better on day by day. Could be best video of yours so far.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just pick out a hundred random YouTube video and scroll through the comments section and you’ll see that nothing makes sense in YouTube land... so yeah just two downvotes is pretty sweet! Great video by the way, you’re getting better and better at simplifying these ideas for a mainstream audience

^
I
I
He said it perfectly. Simplifying to mainstream audience.
That is done really nicely on this video. If players would grab these concepts early at their career they could improve their game so much faster and easier!

:thumbup: THUMBS UP!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks. It takes a lot of work to produce these newer and better videos (compared to some of my older stuff), but it is fun and it feels good to know people appreciate them. All of the practice during filming also makes my game sharper.

Thanks again,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Any body gives any of your videos a thumbs down ain't right up top and needs to come to Alabama to see a few of the head docs we got here. All thumbs up as far as I can tell, and thanks for educating us!
Thank you ... and you’re welcome. I aim to swerve. :grin-square:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thumbs down mean nothing. Video is great and you are getting better on day by day. Could be best video of yours so far.
Thank you.

I’ll try to continue the trend of improvement.

Catch you later,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great video by the way, you’re getting better and better at simplifying these ideas for a mainstream audience
^
I
I
He said it perfectly. Simplifying to mainstream audience.
That is done really nicely on this video.If players would grab these concepts early at their career they could improve their game so much faster and easier!

:thumbup: THUMBS UP!
Thanks. “Simplify for a mainstream audience” will be my new guiding principle.

Regards,
Dave

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It doesn't really bother me ... it is more of a curiosity thing. I would just like to know what they are thinking (if they are thinking at all) at the moment they bother to watch some of the video and click on the down-thumb icon.

Regards,
Dave
They were expecting to see you run 627 balls.

As both a pool player and an engineer I love what you do and appreciate the effort you put into the sport.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just posted a new video on YouTube that demonstrates all important cue ball control principles, effects, and skills, all in one place. Here it is:

Topics covered include stop/stun/follow/draw, 90˚ rule, 30˚ rule, 3-times-the-angle system, tangent line, natural angle, good action draw, pocket cheating, cut-induced throw, sidespin effects, speed effects, drag and spin conversion, and CB control drills.

This video is a little on the longer side (14 minutes), but the material in presented very concisely (but still completely). Multiple viewings (and/or pause/rewind cycles) might be required for everything to sink in.

This one took a lot of time and effect to create, but I am very happy with the end result. I predict this will become my most-watched YouTube video of all time ... assuming people know what is best for them.

I suspect even top players can learn a thing or two from this video, but it is still mostly geared toward beginner and intermediate players.

Please let me know what you think, and let me know if anything is unclear or if you have any questions.

Enjoy,
Dave
Very good. Beginners and vets alike will get something from this.