Thank you Bob Jewett

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A long time coming but a big thank you to Bob Jewett. His links to progressive practice drills and now progressive run out drills with Dr. Dave have been a big help in giving me focused activity during the months in my basement.

I've been clipping his columns for years adding them to my notebook.

All this I believe gives him a well deserved degree in mental health. And thank you AZ Billiards too.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have had the pleasure of sharing a meal with Bob at the Misconi cup once, and talking to him several times. Getting to meet Dr. Dave a couple of times was also nice.

Mad respect for both of these men.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
We're quite fortunate to have both Bob and Dr. Dave here on AZB, sharing their knowledge with us...

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
bob jas been a tremendous contributor to everyone's knowledge of the game and a sporty player too.
thanks bob for all you do....:thumbup:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know much about your training videos, but I am thankful for all your contributions to this site; your insights into this game are valued and appreciated by many and you can include me in that group. Thanks!

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just a passenger on this love train, but am happy to be aboard-
thanks for sharing your love of pool with us, bob:thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I kept my head down, mostly, and followed through, enough, mostly. And I got lucky.:grin:

I stress the competitive part...you did it under fire against America’s best,
When I got serious about the game when I was 20, I put in my practise time....
...told a buddy that I didn’t want to know a shot I couldn’t play under heat.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I kept my head down, mostly, and followed through, enough, mostly. And I got lucky.:grin:

I just watched that match, Bob. Nicely done! Looks like you got in a bit of a groove late in the match.

I observed that Tyler mentioned Stan was putting the finishing touches on his book... in 2016.

Shane did play uncharacteristically in that match. Were you ever able to glean any reason for that? I mean, other than being psyched out having to play Bob Jewett, of course. :wink:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobs been a huge asset to the pool community for decades.

I’ve always appreciated what he’s done and I too want to thank him.

So thanks Bob! I hope this finds you well and hope to cross paths again down the road someday.

Best,
Fatboy

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Bob,
I can’t pass up this opportunity to jump in and say thanks for your contributions to our genre.
Always substantive, civil, useful.
Sincere thanks.

Will Prout