Auron or Auronlyte ferrules

jonpador

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone tried these? How do they machine and do they glue well? If they are as good as described by Mueller and Cuecomponents why are they cheap, not that I'm complaining just a sceptic.

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
Has anyone tried these? How do they machine and do they glue well? If they are as good as described by Mueller and Cuecomponents why are they cheap, not that I'm complaining just a sceptic.

I have been using Tomahawk material for several months now.... Best ferrule material I have used..... Cuts good... Holds glue......

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
First off, the OP didn't ask what other products people are using....he asked about a specific product. Nice plug for Tomahawk, but it is off topic.
So now, in response to the OP, I will say, I haven't used this Auron product, but If I did, I would not call it cheap....at least Muellers carries besides the normal straight up 5/16 thru hole version, they also carry the threaded, capped ones, but at a price....but CC doesn't offer it threaded, and you cannot thread their blanks at 5/16x18 as the thru hole is that size. I like to drill/bore and thread my own as the materials I use, as a repairman, and builder, are blank, meaning I can make it any size / any thread needed to deal with whatever I need at the moment. It may be a great product, but it isn't available in the best form....blank rods> At a price point of $4 a ferrule threaded and capped plus shipping, Not a bargain to those that can do the machining themselves.
Dave

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member

You can trust Cuecomponents right up until they screw you.... Good thing is you won't have to wait long.