From TX to MN...what did I do?

d8nk

Noah B
So i bid on a Pro 8 GCIV in TX last week thinking there was no way I would win it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brunswick-Gold-Crown-IV-Pool-Table-and-more-/202811580407?nma=true&si=wkesGJumVN84yXhe8z%252BbhAJZ908%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Well I won it! Problem is now I have to get it to MN. I am having zero luck getting any quotes from moving companies. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I do have a quote to have a uhaul cube dropped onsite and then I would need a local Fort Worth TX mechanic to take it apart and pack it into the cube. Then they will ship it to my house. (what is the longest part of the table, I assume the side aprons)

The guy I bought it from is an old pool hall owner. This was his home table. He said he would be willing to cancel my bid. Honestly I am sad that he didn't get more. It is a nice GCIV.

d8nk

Noah B
pics

These are some pics from the auction on Ebay.

Attachments

• GCIV1.jpg
    GCIV1.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 364
  • GCIV2.jpg
    GCIV2.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 360
  • GCIV3.jpg
    GCIV3.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 371

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So i bid on a Pro 8 GCIV in TX last week thinking there was no way I would win it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brunswick-Gold-Crown-IV-Pool-Table-and-more-/202811580407?nma=true&si=wkesGJumVN84yXhe8z%252BbhAJZ908%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Well I won it! Problem is now I have to get it to MN. I am having zero luck getting any quotes from moving companies. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I do have a quote to have a uhaul cube dropped onsite and then I would need a local Fort Worth TX mechanic to take it apart and pack it into the cube. Then they will ship it to my house. (what is the longest part of the table, I assume the side aprons)

The guy I bought it from is an old pool hall owner. This was his home table. He said he would be willing to cancel my bid. Honestly I am sad that he didn't get more. It is a nice GCIV.

Look up Shane Johnson Cuephoric here on AZ. He might be able
To move it, or know somebody that can.

Poolmedic

Registered
The side apron and rails measure around 8 1/2 feet long. IMO What could be your cheapest, fastest and least stressful option if you're going to move it is to get a one-way flight to texas and rent a suburban / excursion from Enterprise and drive it back. Flight is $250 and the SUV rental varies but could be around $300-$400 for the two days you would be forced to rent it as you wouldn't be able to get back before normal drop off hours after you land in TX.

Unless you got a friend who has a truck you can borrow and throw some miles on it :smile:

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The black GC4 are the bomb. So much nicer looking than the 5 or 6. I’m sad I had to sell my 9’er.

d8nk

Noah B
Drive down and go get it! :thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

That is an option, it's just the time thing that is tricky. Ohh that and the wife saying " yeah go ahead and go to TX, no problem!"

Congrats! Very nice table. I thought you wanted a 9'?

I did want a 9, but I am not opposed to a pro 8. Most the local tourneys are 7' diamond events. This way I kind of meet in the middle. I know I would be happy practicing on it :)

The side apron and rails measure around 8 1/2 feet long. IMO What could be your cheapest, fastest and least stressful option if you're going to move it is to get a one-way flight to texas and rent a suburban / excursion from Enterprise and drive it back. Flight is $250 and the SUV rental varies but could be around $300-$400 for the two days you would be forced to rent it as you wouldn't be able to get back before normal drop off hours after you land in TX.

Unless you got a friend who has a truck you can borrow and throw some miles on it :smile:

This is a great idea. I do have a truck but I'll spend $250 in gas each way. I will look into this.

The black GC4 are the bomb. So much nicer looking than the 5 or 6. I’m sad I had to sell my 9’er.

I think it looks really sharp. I was amazed I won it at 1800. I hope I can figure this out!

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I would pass on this one. The seller is being kind enough to let you out of the deal so why not just look for another table (9 footer) closer to you? It’s going to be fairly expensive to transport that table any way you slice it.

Poolmedic

Registered
A small one way Uhaul truck might be as cheap as a Suburban.

The thing that sucks with U-haul is they charge a fee plus mileage. The mileage fee is what sucks. Avis, Enterprise and others of the sort charge by the day, and not by the mileage I believe. Also, the large SUV protects the table from any possible weather change that can happen on the fly.

Someone above did mention looking more locally. I'm sure you know but I have to say it since It crossed my mind. You could try to search craigslist, and facebook marketplace in neighboring cities and make the decision. Facebook Marketplace is where I found my table. Using the keywords "Brunswick Gold Crown, Brunswick Slate table, Brunswick pool table, and Brunswick Billiards table will net you all the possible entrees people list the item under.

d8nk

Noah B
I think I would pass on this one. The seller is being kind enough to let you out of the deal so why not just look for another table (9 footer) closer to you? It’s going to be fairly expensive to transport that table any way you slice it.

I can fly one-way for $65. The one way rental back is $400+gas. That's not bad plus the adventure of it all. I am thinking more and more about how taking my son with (or whole family) and turn it into a mini road trip adventure :)

Does it have a ball return or buckets?

Buckets. Which I like :)

Someone above did mention looking more locally. I'm sure you know but I have to say it since It crossed my mind. You could try to search craigslist, and facebook marketplace in neighboring cities and make the decision. Facebook Marketplace is where I found my table. Using the keywords "Brunswick Gold Crown, Brunswick Slate table, Brunswick pool table, and Brunswick Billiards table will net you all the possible entrees people list the item under.

I have been all over all the sites for quite awhile. There was one table I missed last year (wasn't ready) and one other maybe that sold right before I was ready to pull the trigger. Honestly finding a clean Gold Crown or Diamond on the used market here has been skimpy for some reason. I am sure if I keep waiting I can find something closer but I have never seen a black gold crown IV near me.

I am not concerned about it being a pro 8 vs 9'. I would even take a 7' diamond. I just want a commercial table that plays really well in good shape.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
That is an option, it's just the time thing that is tricky. Ohh that and the wife saying " yeah go ahead and go to TX, no problem!

I think it looks really sharp. I was amazed I won it at 1800. I hope I can figure this out!

First, she should be excited for you. Second, its a one time trip, take her with you and do some vacationing. Third if that does not sell her on it: FIRE HER! LOL

Seriously though, that is a great deal on the table and from what we talked about it will fit into your budget even after moving it and having it set up. It is a one time thing, you will be happy with that table for a long time to come. I have the gc4 service manual for you< I will send it to you via facebook! Keep us posted!

Trent :thumbup:

d8nk

Noah B
Story Recap

To close the doors on this story I figure I should update you guys. In the end I did not go down to TX and get the table. It was just too complicated or too expensive to make it work depending on which route I went.

It worked out for the best as it turns out the man selling the table was regretting letting it go and was thrilled when I backed out of the deal! He said I was the best high bidder who did not buy his table :)

To top it off after months of scouring the web and talking with all kinds of folks coast to coast guess what pops up on CL today....A 9' Pro Diamond... I will share the rest of that story in a new post :)

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
To close the doors on this story I figure I should update you guys. In the end I did not go down to TX and get the table. It was just too complicated or too expensive to make it work depending on which route I went.

It worked out for the best as it turns out the man selling the table was regretting letting it go and was thrilled when I backed out of the deal! He said I was the best high bidder who did not buy his table :)

To top it off after months of scouring the web and talking with all kinds of folks coast to coast guess what pops up on CL today....A 9' Pro Diamond... I will share the rest of that story in a new post :)

Well you tried. Happy to hear your story is headed in a different direction. Keep us posted!

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Santa will never let you down.