AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Amazing Anniversary & Centennial work going on during the lockdown

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-23-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
Double eeeek, as long as we posting disturbing pics, thoughts on this... LOL

I thought that was a familiar picture, that is Don's table.

Not sure how that has anything to do with the thread, but, its an open forum for people to post what ever they want. Some people forget that!!

I will post my opinions and thoughts how ever I like.

TFT

Old
  (#17)
PoolTable911
AdvancedBilliardSolutions
PoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300
  Send a message via AIM to PoolTable911  
03-23-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Wasn't that Mark's team that did that job?
So I am curious about these moldy tables, did these.get installed in someone's home?
lol....Those were installers who did work for Mark. This has been gone over. Are you asking if those tables went in a home after mark had them? Look at the pictures above of the new legs that were built. The tables that Mark touches are perfection. You should buy a Snooker table he has worked on.

Patrick O'Donnell
609-709-2842 (Direct)
www.PoolTable911.com

"setnoc, you will be missed my friend"

Old
  (#18)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

03-23-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Wasn't that Mark's team that did that job?
So I am curious about these moldy tables, did these.get installed in someone's home?
I am betting they were from a table that new legs were built for.

I would not buy a table in that condition. It would be very, very noticeable that legs like that were severely water damaged. If I did, it would be a Parts only table and the legs would get burnt just like those did.

TFT

Old
  (#19)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

03-23-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
I thought that was a familiar picture, that is Don's table.

Not sure how that has anything to do with the thread, but, its an open forum for people to post what ever they want. Some people forget that!!

I will post my opinions and thoughts how ever I like.

TFT
I mean if we are going to sing Mark's praises, maybe a link to Don's thread is also fitting, ya know for potential customers to see both sides of what you might get.
Sure Mark didn't do the work, although look at his reaponses to Don when he first inquired, also his team moonlighting, so go figure.

I'v always thought people on this site like to brush the bad stuff under the table, look at all the people saying Glen screwed um, been here a few years never saw that stuff before the thread about the stolen money and rails.

Old
  (#20)
PoolTable911
PoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond repute

03-23-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
That table obviously has had severe and continual water damage. We also have had to pull apart the legs and replace rotten wood. It is part of restoration! I have never seen a set of legs that bad.

TFT
No Trent it is not obvious. Unfortunately I don't have the picture before but the leg actually looked decent. I will give you a little free education. Back in the old days pool room floors were wood & linoleum. They were mopped and oiled on the regular. Brunswick put the bands on the Anniversary & Centennial to try and keep the water from hitting the legs. The gold crown had the metal feet so they were fine.

Patrick O'Donnell
609-709-2842 (Direct)
www.PoolTable911.com

Old
  (#21)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

03-23-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolTable911 View Post
You should buy a Snooker table he has worked on.
If I had to choose between Glenn and Mark I'd simply give up playing the game.

Old
  (#22)
PoolTable911

03-23-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I mean if we are going to sing Mark's praises, maybe a link to Don's thread is also fitting, ya know for potential customers to see both sides of what you might get.
Sure Mark didn't do the work, although look at his reaponses to Don when he first inquired, also his team moonlighting, so go figure.

I'v always thought people on this site like to brush the bad stuff under the table, look at all the people saying Glen screwed um, been here a few years never saw that stuff before the thread about the stolen money and rails.
If you are comparing someone taking money & rails for work never done to Mark not helping Don with his table....I am confused. The guys were doing there own job at Don's house. The guys did not work for Mark. They were not moonlighting they were out working

Patrick O'Donnell
609-709-2842 (Direct)
www.PoolTable911.com

Old
  (#23)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member

03-23-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
The guys were doing there own job at Don's house. The guys did not work for Mark. They were not moonlighting they were out working
You sure about that? At the very least he endorsed them, and the work.

Old
  (#24)
PoolTable911

03-23-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
You sure about that? At the very least he endorsed them, and the work.
I don't see it that way. We will agree to disagree...Mark never robbed anyone which is what you inferred with the Glen comparison.

Patrick O'Donnell
609-709-2842 (Direct)
www.PoolTable911.com

Old
  (#25)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member

03-23-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I don't see it that way. We will agree to disagree...Mark never robbed anyone which is what you inferred with the Glen comparison.
Spoken like a gentleman, sorry to have intruded in your thread, wish you well during these crazy times.

Old
  (#26)
PoolTable911

03-23-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Spoken like a gentleman, sorry to have intruded in your thread, wish you well during these crazy times.
And to you as well!

Patrick O'Donnell
609-709-2842 (Direct)
www.PoolTable911.com

Old
  (#27)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

03-23-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:

I have learned a TREMENDOUS amount of knowledge from both RKC and Mark. I have also have learned how not to handle business from both of them. RKC has more than disappointed me concerning the "missing rails"...

Mark and his "I will beat you up" & "I am the best in the world" attitude also has taught me how not to act as a businessman and in general as an adult.

I do know that ALL of us love what we do. I will continue my business and be happy. At the end of the day: we all have to be accountable and how we treat other people in the business says tons about us as individuals. I give respect to those who earn it. People who think they are better than others get nothing from me, I can give credit when it comes to the work, but, that does not I respect someone. I have great working relationships with far more companies in this industry that I ever imagined and I have also formed friendships with some of them.

I agree nothing should be brushed under the rug.

TFT

Old
  (#28)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

03-23-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
No Trent it is not obvious. Unfortunately I don't have the picture before but the leg actually looked decent. I will give you a little free education. Back in the old days pool room floors were wood & linoleum. They were mopped and oiled on the regular. Brunswick put the bands on the Anniversary & Centennial to try and keep the water from hitting the legs. The gold crown had the metal feet so they were fine.

I have restored 21 Anniversaries. I have had not a SINGLE complaint. I never thought I would buy a parts only table, but, that one would for sure be parts only. There are people who want original restorations and that is my business.

TFT

Old
  (#29)
bradsh98
Bradshaw Billiard Service
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

03-23-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
You heard Don's side of the story, but not Mark's..

The guys who did this work are NOT Mark's team. They are local installers, who sometimes help Mark out. They told Don to call Mark, as a reference. Mark had nothing to do with this job, and was not making a cent from the exchange. He answered a few of Don's questions, but when Mark refused to review the photos that Don wanted to send to him, Don got upset.

Keep in mind, Mark is a busy guy. He has little interest in doing field service anymore, as he's busy enough building tables and rails. He wasn't making a nickel off this job, and this crew is NOT under his leadership. Mark had zero incentive to review the work of this crew, or to make corrections to the sub-par work.

Geoff Bradshaw
Bradshaw Billiard Service

I play with a Hammond Custom Cue. You should too.

Old
  (#30)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

03-23-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsh98 View Post
You heard Don's side of the story, but not Mark's..

The guys who did this work are NOT Mark's team. They are local installers, who sometimes help Mark out. They told Don to call Mark, as a reference. Mark had nothing to do with this job, and was not making a cent from the exchange. He answered a few of Don's questions, but when Mark refused to review the photos that Don wanted to send to him, Don got upset.

Keep in mind, Mark is a busy guy. He has little interest in doing field service anymore, as he's busy enough building tables and rails. He wasn't making a nickel off this job, and this crew is NOT under his leadership. Mark had zero incentive to review the work of this crew, or to make corrections to the sub-par work.
You are right but if Mark would have taken 5 second to review the pics of the hackwork, a lot of the issues would have been non starters. Mark would have told Don the work was shoddy. If he vouched for these guys he could have at least looked at the pics and not assumed they were doing things properly. Just my two cents.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: