AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Amazing Anniversary & Centennial work going on during the lockdown

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
bradsh98
Bradshaw Billiard Service
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-23-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
I have restored 21 Anniversaries. I have had not a SINGLE complaint. I never thought I would buy a parts only table, but, that one would for sure be parts only. There are people who want original restorations and that is my business.

TFT
Again, using a thread about someone else, to sing your own praises... This is exactly why Mark got into it with you. It's a shame that more people don't call you out for this. You think that you are helping this forum, but you're more concerned with helping yourself. Every table "mechanic" on this forum sees it, even if your "happy customers" don't.

Geoff Bradshaw

I play with a Hammond Custom Cue. You should too.

Old
  (#32)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

03-23-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsh98 View Post
You heard Don's side of the story, but not Mark's..

The guys who did this work are NOT Mark's team. They are local installers, who sometimes help Mark out. They told Don to call Mark, as a reference. Mark had nothing to do with this job, and was not making a cent from the exchange. He answered a few of Don's questions, but when Mark refused to review the photos that Don wanted to send to him, Don got upset.

Keep in mind, Mark is a busy guy. He has little interest in doing field service anymore, as he's busy enough building tables and rails. He wasn't making a nickel off this job, and this crew is NOT under his leadership. Mark had zero incentive to review the work of this crew, or to make corrections to the sub-par work.
Is that not Mark's phone number in the screenshot I posted, why is Mark giving out references for these guys and endorsing them if that's the work they do?

Between his response and haphazardly recommending shit installers, and then of all things trying to justify the shit work cause Don may or may not have tried to haggle. Well, that tells me all I need to know about the guy.

Last edited by Snooker Theory; 03-23-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Old
  (#33)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

03-23-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post
You are right but if Mark would have taken 5 second to review the pics of the hackwork, a lot of the issues would have been non starters. Mark would have told Don the work was shoddy. If he vouched for these guys he could have at least looked at the pics and not assumed they were doing things properly. Just my two cents.
That would be the decent thing to do, I guess never try to haggle with Mark...

Old
  (#34)
bradsh98
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

03-23-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
Is that not Mark's phone number in the screenshot I posted, why is Mark giving out references for these guys and endorsing them if that's the work they do?
Between his response and haphazardly recommending shit installers, and then of all things trying to justify the shit work cause Don may or may not have tried to haggle. Well, that tells me all I need to know about the guy.
Fair enough. Just understand, you might have missed some of the details that escalated it to that point.

Sure, perhaps the way that Mark handled it might not be to everyone's satisfaction. I get that, because I would have handed it differently, myself. However, Mark and I have a different focus. I have a lot of working years left, whereas Mark is at the other end of his career.

He's busy at the shop, building magnificent tables. He has little interest in doing field service work these days. Can't say that I blame him, for not wanting to waste his time, validating someone else's work.

Geoff Bradshaw

Old
  (#35)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

03-23-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Again, using a thread about someone else, to sing your own praises... This is exactly why Mark got into it with you. It's a shame that more people don't call you out for this. You think that you are helping this forum, but you're more concerned with helping yourself. Every table "mechanic" on this forum sees it, even if your "happy customers" don't.

We are all allowed our opinions! This is an open forum and I will say what I want, when I want. I have found this to be a fact in life, there will always be people who do not agree with you and that is totally ok with me. There is this wonderful option on here and I think you should use it: Go into your settings and add me to your IGNORE list. My ignore list is very short, I tend to just ignore things I don't like on here.

TFT

Just gonna put this right here.
Old
  (#36)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

Just gonna put this right here. - 03-23-2020, 12:32 PM

Hmm, it seems all "the best" have their issues. I would QUIT this business if anyone ever came on here like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
My loss can be your gain

Mark has suffered a health problem and has not been able to meet several
dates to deliver my table which I paid $23,000 cash for

I am glad to see pictures and read in the main forum how he is working again

I have one of his 9 foot Centennial complete rebuild tables on order for over a year

He has not met one delivery date after another and the disappointments wearing thin on both my wife and myself

If you are considering buying one of his $25,000 Masterpieces and the price alone is in your way, I will sell you mine for thousands of dollars less

The table will not disappoint you,the previous ones are the best ever made,
it will feature all new wood rails and beautiful woods below the polished to perfection aluminum side curtains

mark will set it up professionally in your home if you live in the area

Oh yes,I have also paid for one o f his lights that will compliment your table
to perfection

When all is said and done the table that I think is by far the very best ever made,
not just because it is a Brunswick centennial,but a rebuilt to better than new
Mark Gregory masterpiece Centennial

Please do not think this is a criticism of Mark personally,he is a fine person,but
the missed deadlines promised are getting to my wife and myself

When friends ask about my new table that I was supposed to have last year and it is still not here ,it saddens us both

At any rate if you would like the Perfect Pocket perfect table and hand made light (led) for way less than retail buy mine

I must be paid now ,and you will get the table that Mark has already started and is his next,

you can confirm all this with him but you must pay me directly

call Dean

214 477 7323

I am prepared to offer you a substantial discount just to relieve my anxiety

Don't call unless you are seriously wanting one of these great tables
To order from Mark it would be $25000 for the table and close to $2000 for the light

you can buy this new one for thousands less

Old
  (#37)
bradsh98

03-23-2020, 12:35 PM

Nevermind..

Geoff Bradshaw

Last edited by bradsh98; 03-23-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Old
  (#38)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member

03-23-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:

Can't say that I blame him, for not wanting to waste his time, validating someone else's work.
That's odd you cant blame him, maybe he shouldn't blindy endorse people's work, you say they aren't his crew, but work for him at times and he endorses them blindy, sounds like a crew to me, semantics I guess.

And honestly the most disturbing part by far, was Mark trying to justify the crap work because" Don probably low balled them", good lord!

If someone can justify those installers doing a total crap job because of possible haggling, why would I expect anything better from Mark? Just tell the person you aren't interested in haggaling, not take the job and do shit work.

Old
  (#39)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member

03-23-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Hmm, it seems all "the best" have their issues. I would QUIT this business if anyone ever came on here like this:
I always wondered about the mismatched stain and the red pocket backings that weren't flush on that table. 20grand+, eeeeek.

Old
  (#40)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

03-23-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
I always wondered about the mismatched stain and the red pocket backings that weren't flush on that table. 20grand+, eeeeek.
That was not marks work. that table came to Dean about a year after not getting what he paid for.

TFT

Old
  (#41)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member

03-23-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
That was not marks work. that table came to Dean about a year after not getting what he paid for.

TFT
I see why the need for the Jackpot hustle, Dean's been taking some losses.
(Joking)

Old
  (#42)
Ssonerai
AzB Silver Member
Ssonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond repute

03-23-2020, 02:33 PM

Well personally I'm fascinated & educated to see new, old, repro, in between tables & parts as long as they are among the better models.

Quote:
So basically, these are mostly reproduction tables? His work is amazing, but, they are not antiques or even Brunswick tables at that point.
Not a challenge or comment on opinion - you usually provide good practical info including the manual - but i (think?) i see a suggestion in there. It has always struck me that the most difficult aspect of repro-ing an Anniversary (more so a Centennial) would be acquiring the visible aluminum parts. Is there a suggestion in the repro comment that pocket castings might be available aftermarket?

Re another comment about "rosewood" - the unfinished wooden legs and rails appear to be Pau Fero, which is sometimes sold as "Bolivian rosewood" but is not a rosewood. It is hard, dense, & attractive. (IOW excellent) Can't tell about the stained/finished legs.

To the OP: great work, love the photos, keep posting, please!

smt

mark gregory
Old
  (#43)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

mark gregory - 03-23-2020, 02:53 PM

lets get this straight if you want to slander Mark and to use my name to do it
BEWARE ,I want no part of bad mouthing Mark

Mark missed some delivery dates with me i got tired of it and posted the table for
sale revealing the fact that he had missed dates so as not to deceive anyone

I sold the table to a man in south texas.Mark delivered the wonderful table to the
new buyer and this work as usual was flawless.

I got mad about dates, Mark had reasons,he has since delivered the table.
i lost a few thousand dollars,so you might expect me to be mad at Mark.
perhaps I was mad for a time,but unlike a few individuals on here that love
to slander others I don't.

Mark made Chris a wonderful Centennial,best i ever saw,then he made Billy Incardone
a wonderful $25000 masterpiece. I saw Billys table when i stopped by his house he was thrilled.
AS I understand it Earl Strickland has called Mark and ordered a new centennial table from Mark.
If Earl doesn't know a good table who does?
I have heard of Brunswick coming to Mark for advice
everyone kknows he is the best

I would assume Billy Incardone knows good work,he was thrilled with his table. Billy gave
me a good natured jibe for losing money over a time line dispute.

I did lose but the bad thing is i didn't get the best Centennial table ,i got something
less, why Trent from Toledo had to knock my table and Marks name is a mystery to me.
my present table is not a mark gregory table,i wish it were

i offered mark $10,000 trade difference last week. He said he needed more and so we did nothing

I have never had any dealings with Trent from Toledo and never will. I have talked with Mark
about making me something. sure we had a spat ,but I would buy from him a hundred times
before i ever bought from a liar and knocker.

I won't mention who I am thinking about.

Mark Gregory does work that is so far superior to anyone else that
I will bet $10,000 and let Trent bring his best,put it beside the Mark
Gregory table and let any qualified expert pick the winner.

Mark and I had a spat, I still think I was right,but I regret that my words are
being used against the finest craftsman in the industry today.

I lost a few bucks,true,but I am not claiming nor
ever did claim that his work was bad or he cheated me.
A person can have a falling out without either party being guilty
of crime. I felt bad and regret criticizing Mark

There is also a professional weasel criticizing Mark on here and bandishing my name
around, i recommend that you guys ignore that weasel

I

Last edited by deanoc; 03-23-2020 at 03:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Old
  (#44)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

03-23-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
lets get this straight if you want to slander markand lan to use my name to do it
No one slandered anyone, I just reposted what you made PUBLIC on a PUBLIC FORUM. As for calling me names and especially the "liar" part, that is actually slander because you are making that up and cannot show one instance where I "lied"...

Since you came on here and decided to try and back step your original post. Why don't you tell everyone what you told me via private message about getting THOUSANDS of dollars less back from the deal?

Its OK Dean, we see ya selling that Centennial for FAR less than $15k....
Now looking for a "perfect" Gold Crown, getting old like you must suck, nothing makes you happy!!

TFT

Old
  (#45)
PoolTable911
AdvancedBilliardSolutions
PoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300
  Send a message via AIM to PoolTable911  
03-23-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Its OK Dean, we see ya selling that Centennial for FAR less than $15k....
Now looking for a "perfect" Gold Crown, getting old like you must suck, nothing makes you happy!!

TFT
Did you just knock someone for being a senior citizen? SMH

Patrick O'Donnell
609-709-2842 (Direct)
www.PoolTable911.com

"setnoc, you will be missed my friend"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: