AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Decided on Slate moving dolly! Omni Cubed Pro-Dolly HD1

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
PoolTable911
AdvancedBilliardSolutions
PoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300
  Send a message via AIM to PoolTable911  
05-12-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastone371 View Post
I discovered the worst thing about moving slate isnt necessarily the weight but the fact that there are no handles or easy way to carry them. When I moved my GCI I weighed 1 slate it was 227#, I figured 2 people should be able to carry that so I made a carrier out of wood then fabricated some steel tubular handles to carry the slate in the carrier, it was much easier going up and down stairs this way.
The OTLvise makes moving slate a breeze. If you have to move slate everyday for a living....It is the way to go!

Patrick O'Donnell
609-709-2842 (Direct)
www.PoolTable911.com

"setnoc, you will be missed my friend"

Old
  (#17)
bradsh98
Bradshaw Billiard Service
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-12-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolTable911 View Post
The OTLvise makes moving slate a breeze. If you have to move slate everyday for a living....It is the way to go!
Just used mine Saturday. Even with a bum shoulder, I was able to move a 9' antique Brunswick, all by myself. No sweat, aches, or pains.

Well worth the investment.

Geoff Bradshaw
Bradshaw Billiard Service

I play with a Hammond Custom Cue. You should too.

Old
  (#18)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastone371 View Post
I discovered the worst thing about moving slate isnt necessarily the weight but the fact that there are no handles or easy way to carry them. When I moved my GCI I weighed 1 slate it was 227#, I figured 2 people should be able to carry that so I made a carrier out of wood then fabricated some steel tubular handles to carry the slate in the carrier, it was much easier going up and down stairs this way.
Well I have since healed from my minor neck and back injury(October-Dec). It was a couple of months of being uncomfortable and being over that helps a TON. I also have taken on a second helper and I still help so it is really not bad at all with 2 guys and a spotter. I prefer using a helper and I am not interested in trying to replace him/ them with a dolly of any type.

I still plan on buying this stuff, just not a huge priority right now.
I am still not sold on the OTL dolly, the customer service or all the extras it comes with that I do not need or want. The price being DOUBLE the price of what I have researched, makes it easy for me.

TFT

P.s. I do not move slate every day and nor do I want that either!!!

Old
  (#19)
CuesDirectly
AzB Silver Member

CuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2020, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Well I have since healed from my minor neck and back injury(October-Dec). It was a couple of months of being uncomfortable and being over that helps a TON. I also have taken on a second helper and I still help so it is really not bad at all with 2 guys and a spotter. I prefer using a helper and I am not interested in trying to replace him/ them with a dolly of any type.

I still plan on buying this stuff, just not a huge priority right now.
I am still not sold on the OTL dolly, the customer service or all the extras it comes with that I do not need or want. The price being DOUBLE the price of what I have researched, makes it easy for me.

TFT

P.s. I do not move slate every day and nor do I want that either!!!
The guy who owns our local pool hall had a nice slate carrier he made decades ago. He took an old bicycle and added two U shaped holders on the side with one simple strap. Put one holder at the back axle and one as far forward as possible hanging from the frame.

Simple and cheap, keep the hand brake in case you're going down a hill like at my place when I had to take it around to the back of the house.

They work great.

----------------------------------------------

David Brainard, custom Cuemaker
My website is CuesDirectly.com
Email, CuesDirectly@gmail.com
Facebook under both names
503 930-7776 5am -5pm West Coast time

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: