AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Gluing down bed cloth.

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Gluing down bed cloth.
Old
  (#1)
Cueball13
Registered
Cueball13 is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Gluing down bed cloth. - 03-25-2020, 04:48 PM

Can anyone give me tips or point me towards good instructions on how to glue down a bed cloth? There is no wood to nail it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#2)
fab944
AzB Silver Member

fab944 has a reputation beyond reputefab944 has a reputation beyond reputefab944 has a reputation beyond reputefab944 has a reputation beyond reputefab944 has a reputation beyond reputefab944 has a reputation beyond reputefab944 has a reputation beyond reputefab944 has a reputation beyond reputefab944 has a reputation beyond reputefab944 has a reputation beyond reputefab944 has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2020, 06:01 PM

sent you a PM with a couple video links

Dvd
Old
  (#3)
Poolhalljunkie
AzB Silver Member
Poolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 19350
  Send a message via MSN to Poolhalljunkie  
Dvd - 03-25-2020, 07:24 PM

https://www.seyberts.com/pool-table-...-training-dvd/

playing cue: Tascarella/ Robertson Titlist Conversion
tip: Morri
Break cue: Jim Aldren J/B
case: J&J 4X8
Other Cues, 1977 Schick, 1980 Schick, Ebony Titlist.
On Order, Hanshew, Southwest X2 ordered 2004.

Old
  (#4)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

03-26-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolhalljunkie View Post
Kind of weird that the video shows a different installation method vs the staple method.

Also, it shows spray glue being used and then on their site it says this:

"Note for Glue-Down Installations

Simonis cloth can be glued, but only with certain adhesives. Most spray adhesives, WILL NOT hold the cloth in a edge-glue application.

We recommend 3M Fast-Bond10™ for edge-glue glue-down installations. Currently, we are not aware of any other adhesives that will give proper adhesion for a straight edge-glue install."

The OP never mentioned what type of cloth he was planning to use?

TFT

P.S.might as well get BOTH dvds, https://www.seyberts.com/pool-table-...-training-dvd/

Last edited by trentfromtoledo; 03-27-2020 at 07:40 AM.

Old
  (#5)
Ramsey
AzB Bronze Member
Ramsey is on a distinguished road

03-27-2020, 09:03 AM

was disappointed that I bought the video and then they used the spray glue in it, and why did simonis let them do that in the video when there was proper glue out there.

Old
  (#6)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

03-27-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
was disappointed that I bought the video and then they used the spray glue in it, and why did simonis let them do that in the video when there was proper glue out there.

I hear that!! Not to mention they show a completely different install pattern as well. I use the same indexing/ stretching method they use for the staple version. Everyone has their own lil twists on it, as do I. I came up with my own way of laying it out and gluing it though. I use RKC250 adhesive. I have also used Parabond m250 and Fastbond 10, they all vary in price , but, all work well.
They should revisit the glue down method that is for sure.

TFT

Old
  (#7)
Ramsey
AzB Bronze Member
Ramsey is on a distinguished road

03-27-2020, 12:31 PM

I know some installers got the RKC250 and went back to the other.

Old
  (#8)
PoolTable911
AdvancedBilliardSolutions
PoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300
  Send a message via AIM to PoolTable911  
03-27-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
I know some installers got the RKC250 and went back to the other.
We went back to the 3m10

Patrick O'Donnell
609-709-2842 (Direct)
www.PoolTable911.com

"setnoc, you will be missed my friend"

Old
  (#9)
Sheldon
dontneednostinkintitle
Sheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond repute

03-27-2020, 11:02 PM

RKC250 has been good to me so far.

Don't Waive Your Rights With Your Flags ~ Sage Francis

Old
  (#10)
bradsh98
Bradshaw Billiard Service
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2020, 05:46 AM

Keep in mind, the Simonis installation video shows installation on a bar table. This is NOT considered an "edge-glue" installation, as cloth is folded underneath, and glued on the bottom side of the slate. In this case, you have a slight bit of glue on the top side of the slate, glue on the edge, and glue on the bottom. Along with that, when the slate is placed in the cabinet, the slate rests on the cloth that is glued to the bottom of the slate.

3M-77 is not ideal for edge-glued applications. However, 3M-90 works quite well.

Geoff Bradshaw
Bradshaw Billiard Service

I play with a Hammond Custom Cue. You should too.

Old
  (#11)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

03-30-2020, 06:35 AM

Here is Rev. Zach Jonas with his method. As I mentioned, everyone does it with their own twist, but, this is the best glue down video demo I have seen thus far for Simonis Cloth:

Rails:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4m0...ature=youtu.be

Bedcloth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgKw...ature=youtu.be

TFT

Last edited by trentfromtoledo; 03-30-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Old
  (#12)
Sheldon
dontneednostinkintitle
Sheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond repute

04-02-2020, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Here is Rev. Zach Jonas with his method. As I mentioned, everyone does it with their own twist, but, this is the best glue down video demo I have seen thus far for Simonis Cloth:
Bedcloth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgKw...ature=youtu.be
1-3/8" is a pretty light stretch? It sure made closing the pockets easy though!

Don't Waive Your Rights With Your Flags ~ Sage Francis

Old
  (#13)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

04-02-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
1-3/8" is a pretty light stretch? It sure made closing the pockets easy though!
Yes, I think it is as well. Like I said, everyone has their own twist on how they do it. I think the methodology is solid and it is the best video out on how to do it. My method is very similar.

TFT

Old
  (#14)
olgoat
AzB Silver Member
olgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond repute

04-04-2020, 09:53 AM

May I ask what the difference is in this appliction between the 3m10 and the 3m fastbond10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolTable911 View Post
We went back to the 3m10

Old
  (#15)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

04-04-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgoat View Post
May I ask what the difference is in this appliction between the 3m10 and the 3m fastbond10?
They are the same. Fastbond is quite a bit more money. Around $100 a gallon, RKC about $70 and I think parabond m-250 is the most affordable at like $150 for 5 gallons.

TFT

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: