Predator balls are available...

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oml yes lol those things are terrible in my opinion

On thing I find funny, almost unanimously on AZB people don't like the Blak set, at all. On Facebook it's the opposite, most seem to like the look. However they also put up with JustinB posts without flaming him so that should tell you how much credit to give the Facebook pool group posters :grin:;)

I could never figure out, past marketing, while someone would swap to new products without any or very little benefit over an older product. I mean if you already own a set of quality balls, of course it's sill to pay this much for another set, but then it's also silly to pay more than an established known good set like the Aramith Pro or the Tournament when those can be cheaper. It's like someone copying a BMW and telling people "it's like a BMW at the same price or more", so why not just get a BMW in the first place and get the original instead of a car "like" a BMW.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
On thing I find funny, almost unanimously on AZB people don't like the Blak set, at all. On Facebook it's the opposite, most seem to like the look. However they also put up with JustinB posts without flaming him so that should tell you how much credit to give the Facebook pool group posters :grin:;)

I could never figure out, past marketing, while someone would swap to new products without any or very little benefit over an older product. I mean if you already own a set of quality balls, of course it's sill to pay this much for another set, but then it's also silly to pay more than an established known good set like the Aramith Pro or the Tournament when those can be cheaper. It's like someone copying a BMW and telling people "it's like a BMW at the same price or more", so why not just get a BMW in the first place and get the original instead of a car "like" a BMW.

I retired my older Centennials for the Aramith Tournament balls and couldn't be happier. In that sense, I don't see how they can be improved upon. Styling is a big part of sales, so some people just prefer a certain look, or perhaps a look different from the rest. They are obviously directly competitive with the Aramith Tournament even though they are also made by Aramith and the Centennials are as well.

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know if its the picture, my PC, or something else but the colors seem muted or not as vibrant as Centennials and Aramith Tournaments. I will stick with my Aramith Tournaments, Centennials, and even my Cyclops skittle set for a mere $200.

Actually I bought a set of used cyclops skittles balls from the diamond booth last year just to switch things up and I like them a lot. Haven’t switched back to my super pro’s or my centennials. They may just be laziness though lol

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All that lasting longer stuff means something if you own a pool hall and they are getting used and abused all day but for a home user how much does it matter. I expect my centennials and super pro’s to last a life time. I only have different sets to switch things up a little.

From what I can see of the marketing materials, the phenolic description is similar to the Aramith Tournament pros.

Heres' from the Predator Arcos II website:

PHENOLIC RESIN BALLS LAST 5X LONGER THAN POLYMERS OR POLYESTER BALLS.
So, with a vision backed by science, we created the Arcos II with Aramith’s highly guarded secret formula containing 99% HIGH-QUALITY PHENOLIC RESIN, and cure them multiple times over a longer period of time to produce harder, more durable balls. This longer curing process combined with almost pure phenolic resin means harder, more durable balls that are burn spot resistant. Even our cue ball has the same high phenolic resin composition, which produces a distinct, crisp and vibrant pop on impact. It’s a sound unique to the Arcos II – the sound of victory.

mristea

Pool maniac
Silver Member
At $399 I’m good. It’s about what I expect from predator the nike of the pool world lol They look cool if you like predator and I’m sure they play great but I don’t need them at that price honestly.
Is there any actual review of the balls? I mean they look great, I especially like the triangles on the cue ball, but damn I'm not sure if it's worth it to pay 400usd for them...I have Aramith Tournament balls and I think the Predaor Arcos 2 should hit the same way...maybe I will wait for buying only the separate cue ball though...

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of hard to imagine anyone would pay $399 for a set of these balls. Do they really think having the predator logo where the number would normally be is attractive to anyone?