black residue on hands where I bridge using Revo

smoochie

NotLikeThis
I don't know if this is normal? I just bought a revo 12.9 and I dont like using gloves or powder, "Hint check my previous thread about this subject" so I thought with revo I wont be needing either gloves or powder, as alot of ppl claimed.

and it is true, the shaft slides nicely, however I tend to use close bridge and close very tightly on the cue, thats my normal, now after one hour of play I get this black line on my hand, it is really black, looks like carbon residue, just like the color of revo, is this normal?

I wash it and it goes away, i went back to playing and it comes back after 40 to 45 mins, it takes time to show, but it adds up until it becomes very dark black that shows as a line due to how i bridge.

I'm thinking now, its either cause its new? or something else is going on.

Btw I sweat, alot, then wipe my hands with towel, but thats it, maybe sweat with that revo shaft is making the carbon come out? if so, what does that mean, maybe my 12.9 shaft will be skinning with use? I hope thats not the case.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d use those alcohol wipes on the shaft to get any factory fresh particulate off it (or any second hand grime/buildup off of it).

A couple good passes with that and I think you won’t ever see this problem again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

smoochie

NotLikeThis
I’d use those alcohol wipes on the shaft to get any factory fresh particulate off it (or any second hand grime/buildup off of it).

A couple good passes with that and I think you won’t ever see this problem again.

You mean I use the black packaged thingies that came with the revo? the guy who I bought the revo from he gave me like 4 packages, he said its for cleaning from predator, is that it?

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeppers.

Buts it’s also just a high percentage alcohol wipe. If you run out, you can buy any off the shelf wipes or just use a bottle of 91% alcohol and a soft cloth. If your shaft loses it’s slickness, those will bring it back to fresh.

But remember if you’re in a super humid environment and your hands are just extra grimy, the slickness of a brand new wood shaft or of a carbon fiber shaft can still be a problem. Carbon fiber is not a guarantee like a glove is.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Yeppers.

Buts it’s also just a high percentage alcohol wipe. If you run out, you can buy any off the shelf wipes or just use a bottle of 91% alcohol and a soft cloth. If your shaft loses it’s slickness, those will bring it back to fresh.

But remember if you’re in a super humid environment and your hands are just extra grimy, the slickness of a brand new wood shaft or of a carbon fiber shaft can still be a problem. Carbon fiber is not a guarantee like a glove is.

My hands always sweats, but thanks for the info, ill try to use the revo and see how it goes.

But what is this blackness coming on my hands, its very weird, I'm gonna see tomorrow if problem persist after wiping with that predator package stuff, if it persists then it must be the CF coming out due to my sweaty hands and tight closed bridge.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Sounds like it might be graphite. Anyway, I wipe mine down with a litle rubbing alcohol. Then I wipe it down with liquid car polish (turtle wax). Buff it and it is then silky smooth.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any sanding, polishing, or treatment of the surface of the shaft with chemicals or abrasives of any kind will void the shaft’s limited-lifetime warranty and negatively affect the shaft’s longevity and performance. Never use talcum powder, baby powder, hand chalk, or other shaft treatments on a REVO carbon fiber composite shaft.

https://support.predatorgroup.com/h...REVO-Carbon-Composite-Shaft-Care-Instructions