Aiming systems BALOGNA

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
people really use mumbo jumbo Whatever aiming system in tournament's ? The idea of a pro needing or using an aiming system that's identifiable is laughable. Your great and dont miss because u practice 6 hrs a day or more for 10 20 30 yrs.
If u need an "aiming system" to pocket balls at that point something is seriously wrong with your mental capacity.

Everything is Instinct and automatic. Look at the ball...make the ball. Lights out .....no thought needed.

What's the deal with people pushing these aiming systems? Do they have an agenda? Are they trying to make money by causing confusion?

Just some thoughts.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
people really use mumbo jumbo Whatever aiming system in tournament's ? The idea of a pro needing or using an aiming system that's identifiable is laughable. Your great and dont miss because u practice 6 hrs a day or more for 10 20 30 yrs.
If u need an "aiming system" to pocket balls at that point something is seriously wrong with your mental capacity.

Everything is Instinct and automatic. Look at the ball...make the ball. Lights out .....no thought needed.

What's the deal with people pushing these aiming systems? Do they have an agenda? Are they trying to make money by causing confusion?

Just some thoughts.
Popcorn and beverages ready. Let the flaming begin.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Keeping it very simple everyone playing pool uses some sort of Aiming System, where they know it or not. Their is no bad System if it personally work for you. Many system to use, that work.

Find one you like, work work work with it until it is natural thing to do.

Aiming system for the most part are like reinventing the wheel, all you can do is make it better, but in the end wheel is round what ever wheel you use.

The Old Pool Scoundral Fast Larry had this copy of an Aiming DVD that was apprently God's gift to pool. He sent it to me to view, I did and returned it. One day the phone rings, and it's Fast Larry. He say what did you think of the DVD on Aiming? This was not his system, it was another person's. I said it a lot of HYPE for $50.00, BS in nice package. I miss talking to Larry he loved the USA, was very opionated, and could be abrasive at times, but would never get the Flip Flop Award.

Before Books on how to play pool, DVD's, U-Tubes, and other instructional material people got good at pool watch great players, figuring out what they did, and then practiced until they got better.

Pool, Golf, Baseball, and most sport you get better from practice, training, and playing. There is no EXPRESS TRAIN to greatness, unless you believe there is and a $5,000.00 will make you the next Willie Mosconi. If you believe that I suggest you rethink that idea.

:cool:

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol well its true. I seen guys run racks while talking on cell phone. Pretty much One handed while eating a pb and j at the sametime. Using horribe setup form In a minute and a half. Someone gonna tell me he used CTE to do it?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol well its true. I seen guys run racks while talking on cell phone. Pretty much One handed while eating a pb and j at the sametime. Using horribe setup form In a minute and a half. Someone gonna tell me he used CTE to do it?
Either show us video of this one-hand monster or can the bs. Players have been using some sort of system since the game began. I know quite a few champion level players and most started out using ghost-ball. That's a system and quite common still today. I know a lot of players will say they just see-n-shoot and that may be true now but when they first started they had some form of aiming that over time became almost automatic. I gotta ask: why does it bother you?? Some CTE'r smoke you or what??

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It bothers me because I don't think hi level players use a system. You get to the table and start thinking. Your going to miss. Think long think wrong.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's got nothing to do with skill level either really. Sure in the begining your trying to figure it all out. But the bottom line is. The guy that just started is getting better because he's playing more throu repetition and MUSCLE memory. Not because he's been using CTE for 3 months

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jesse bowman
Watched him for years at Olathe. Smoked a lil skunk with his posse a few times as well, good bunch.Great player but not that great. I bet if you ask him when he first started he used ghostball and that became automatic after enough play.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's got nothing to do with skill level either really. Sure in the begining your trying to figure it all out. But the bottom line is. The guy that just started is getting better because he's playing more throu repetition and MUSCLE memory. Not because he's been using CTE for 3 months

I think you would probably like BC21's Poolology. It speeds the learning curve because it is the only system that tells you the exact fraction needed to pocket the ball. It is pretty ingenious and IMO doesn't get the attention it deserves. Every instructor should be aware of it. The beauty of it is that once you get good at pocketing balls you then just see the shot and no longer need the system. It is a means for newer players to get good faster.

Having said that, it can be useful for experienced players on certain shots. For example, if you have ball in hand and you want to pocket a ball as a half ball hit Poolology will tell you where to place the cb to get that half ball. Or, for straight pool, it can help you decide where to maneuver the cue ball to for the next break shot if you want that shot to be a half ball hit. A lot of people don't do well with back cuts because they don't hit them that often. This is another good area to use Poolology until you get second nature with them.

I learned with ghost ball, I guess, but for as long as I can remember it is just a matter of looking at the balls and the pocket and knowing what looks right.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GARCZAR He's not great because I think he quit caring much about it 15 yrs ago IMO. Not saying he doesn't love the game. But life happens.

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just some thoughts.

LOOK AT BALL
MAKE BALL

Great aiming system.

randyg

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. Well I mean all I see guys do is look at the ball. Look at the contact point walk past it...look at what's overcut...what's short cut. Walk to cueball, address cue ball, down on cueball. If it doesn't look right... walk by the object ball again. Get back down on your shot. Chances are your gonna make the shot if your strokes good. This is the way I have always played.

I've tryed systems and they just aren't reliable to me. Also it Gives me anxiety/target panic. Unless it's diamond system for kick shots that's about the only one worth it's salt imo.

*there is a traditional archer trick shooterby the name of Byron Furguson. Kinda the equivalent to a mike massey. He has wrote a book called becoming the arrow. (Instinctive shooting) I shoot instinctively. Alot of people use gap shooting. But i always just point and shoot and trust the reps ive put in practice. Its funny when u can shoot better groups with a stick bow than a guy with a 1500$ compound or a guy with a pistol. Pool is kinda the same way for me.
I don't like to think when over the shot

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GARCZAR He's not great because I think he quit caring much about it 15 yrs ago IMO. Not saying he doesn't love the game. But life happens.
I was referring to your bs about playing one handed and eating a sandwich. In his prime JB was probably the best bar-box player alive. My point was he most likely used a system, probably GB, when he first started. He started pretty young and played a LOT of pool. His dad owned a place and Jesse was gambling when he was in early teens. I have no doubt that there are pool 'savants" that just see-n-make but its rare. Everyone i grew up with used GB to start and after a while you just remember shots and don't think about the overlaps when aiming. Again, what is your beef with how people make shots? BTW, thanks for capitalizing my name. Looks great. If you could add flashing lights next time it be even better.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And,yes he ran the table with phone scrunched between his shoulder and ear and,a sammich in his hand. He,put the sammich down for two shots

Coos Cues

Coos Cues

Just some thoughts.

The vast majority of pool players are not pros nor aspire to be such and do not have 6 hours a day to practice nor would they if they did.

For this market things that help you visualize the shot line more effectively has value.

Who gives a damn about the pros? If the pool cue, accessory or training industries relied on the spending of pros they would have disappeared long ago. Pool is a fun game and amateurs who enjoy it are looking for techniques to help them be better. Not pros but better.

Aiming systems are useful in this capacity.