Pool table abuse

MisterBanker

Appalachain American
Silver Member
Over the weekend a friend of my girlfriend wanted us to go with her to sing karaoke. We got to the bar and there was a Valley barbox right beside the "stage/dancefloor". We sat down and I thought that I would play a few games to help ease the misery of the evening. Didn't happen, after about three songs two guys pushed the pool table against the wall to make the "dancefloor" larger. One of the legs apparenty dropped because you could see a major lean on one corner after they moved it. My girlfriend laughed and said I guess you don't want to play pool now do you.

What's the strangest thing you've seen done to a pool table?

The_Rookie

Bear Down, Chicago Bears
Silver Member
I've seen a Valley being used as a DJ Table.. With nothing under the equipment to protect the cloth.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
I have seen a Bar Table lifted in the air with just a man's teeth(mouth)....SPF=randyg

zy112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen a Bar Table lifted in the air with just a man's teeth(mouth)....SPF=randyg

Please explain this situation...

We used to use the fraternity's Valley as a DJ station, dance floor, whatever the theme of the party called for. At least they put a sheet of plywood over it. Should have just thrown the damn thing in the dumpster.

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
In Northern Cali they moved half of the pool room to bring in foosball tables for a weekly foosball tournament, it was as amazing as it was difficult to move them all back and forth in one night.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen more than one home table that is a glorified folding table for the laundry.:frown:

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
About 3-4 years ago the barracks I lived in had a 9 foot connely on every floor of the barracks. The wierd thing was that each table on every floor had something wrong with it.

1st floor had perfectly fine covered rails but no bed cloth at all! Wierd I know.

2nd floor had perfect bed cloth and was pretty damn level but the rubber in all the rails was harder than a rock

3rd floor the cloth was ripped in places and the end rails were hard as a rock, and had stains all over it. Beer Pong table on the weekends I am sure.

So a buddy of mine helped me take the rails off of the first floor table and put them on the second floor table. Took about 2-3 hours, but it was well worth the several months of practice I got on that table!

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Please explain this situation...

We used to use the fraternity's Valley as a DJ station, dance floor, whatever the theme of the party called for. At least they put a sheet of plywood over it. Should have just thrown the damn thing in the dumpster.

It was a standing proposition bet by a notorious better. When the money was right, he did it. All four legs off the floor with his teeth. I lost some cash but it was worth it....SPF=randyg

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
We had a pool table customer that was a hooker that used it for fantasy roles in her house. My mechanics hated having to go there to change the cloth.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
This thread has two great problems in it. Which if solutions exist would be for this thread. A fast deploying cloth so rooms can quickly maintain their pool table fabric. The second is a table jack a quick pump that can level the table.

The details of how it all works need time in the lab. But most creative people should be able to modify it based on need.