Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page 626 is it legit?
Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.00 average.
626 is it legit?
Old
  (#1)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

626 is it legit? - 01-12-2020, 02:18 PM

I am genuinely interested in some input here, does anyone question the legitimacy of Schmidt's mystery tape of 626 that helped get hin into the hall f fame and his new cue sponsr. If you believe he did it then that is cool with me, but if you have not seen an unedited tape providing proof then I am not interested in your vote. Please do not try to discredit this post if yer on john's fakebook page and want to try to be a good puppet - not interested in yer view either. So again I am only interested in non biased opinions here as I do smell an expired rodent in relation to the 626 mystery tape. Drive by fake news media is not a joke to me and should not be treated as such either.

One of the best Straight Pool players - on any soil - or gravity for the matter. Willie Mosconi's 526 stands.

Old
  (#2)
BryanB
Huge Balls
BryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-12-2020, 02:19 PM

Of course it's legit. Quit being jealous

Bryan
USAF Retired

Old
  (#3)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanB View Post
Yes this..

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#4)
crazysnake
AzB Silver Member
crazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2020, 03:43 PM

Legit.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Old
  (#5)
RabbiHippie
"Look! A real hippie!"
RabbiHippie has a reputation beyond reputeRabbiHippie has a reputation beyond reputeRabbiHippie has a reputation beyond reputeRabbiHippie has a reputation beyond reputeRabbiHippie has a reputation beyond reputeRabbiHippie has a reputation beyond reputeRabbiHippie has a reputation beyond reputeRabbiHippie has a reputation beyond reputeRabbiHippie has a reputation beyond reputeRabbiHippie has a reputation beyond reputeRabbiHippie has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 02:31 AM

https://cdn.ymaws.com/bca-pool.com/r...un_record_.pdf

The BCA reviewed the unedited tape before formally announcing that Schmidt broke the record. That gives credibility to the claim.

I’m sure the BCA has its faults, but it is the recognized body for the sport and is generally perceived as a reputable organization. The BCA gains very little from recognizing Schmidt’s run, but has a lot to lose (reputation-wise) if ever it was found that the evidence didn’t support their public statement. The last thing any bureaucratic organization wants is to issue a retraction.

I shoot fairly often at Billiard of Springfield, by the way. The locals are all proud of your accomplishments as a player. Have you considered making your own concerted effort at breaking Schmidt’s record? Many people think you’re one of the few who are capable of doing it. It would probably require the same full-time commitment that it did for Schmidt.

Seems like the sweetest resolution to this debate would be to snatch the record away from him. Just make sure that you don’t make the same mistake he did by failing to post the video on YouTube while it was still newsworthy. Trust me, money will come with more eyeballs.

Favorite Quotes

ďPool is a beautiful game played by ugly people.Ē (Joe Rogan a la Earl Strickland)

ďFargoRate is the best thing to happen to pool in years.Ē (Mark Griffin)

Last edited by RabbiHippie; 01-13-2020 at 02:36 AM.

Old
  (#6)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiHippie View Post

The BCA reviewed the unedited tape before formally announcing that Schmidt broke the record. That gives credibility to the claim.

I’m sure the BCA has its faults, but it is the recognized body for the sport and is generally perceived as a reputable organization. The BCA gains very little from recognizing Schmidt’s run, but has a lot to lose (reputation-wise) if ever it was found that the evidence didn’t support their public statement. The last thing any bureaucratic organization wants is to issue a retraction.
/thread

Old
  (#7)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:

Iím sure the BCA has its faults, but it is the recognized body for the sport and is generally perceived as a reputable organization. The BCA gains very little from recognizing Schmidtís run, but has a lot to lose (reputation-wise) if ever it was found that the evidence didnít support their public statement. The last thing any bureaucratic organization wants is to issue a retraction.

I shoot fairly often at Billiard of Springfield, by the way. The locals are all proud of your accomplishments as a player. Have you considered making your own concerted effort at breaking Schmidtís record? Many people think youíre one of the few who are capable of doing it. It would probably require the same full-time commitment that it did for Schmidt.

Seems like the sweetest resolution to this debate would be to snatch the record away from him. Just make sure that you donít make the same mistake he did by failing to post the video on YouTube while it was still newsworthy. Trust me, money will come with more eyeballs.
Weren't there actual, living humans that witnessed this?
Why is this such a hot-button issue for some people? Mosconi's record wasn't recorded yet everyone accepted it due to eye-witnesses. Shouldn't that be enough?? This whole "did he really do it?" drama is kinda lame imo.

Legit
Old
  (#8)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

Legit - 01-13-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
I am genuinely interested in some input here, does anyone question the legitimacy of Schmidt's mystery tape of 626 that helped get hin into the hall f fame and his new cue sponsr. If you believe he did it then that is cool with me, but if you have not seen an unedited tape providing proof then I am not interested in your vote. Please do not try to discredit this post if yer on john's fakebook page and want to try to be a good puppet - not interested in yer view either. So again I am only interested in non biased opinions here as I do smell an expired rodent in relation to the 626 mystery tape. Drive by fake news media is not a joke to me and should not be treated as such either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Carom Club View Post
Yes this..
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysnake View Post
Legit.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
Quote:

Iím sure the BCA has its faults, but it is the recognized body for the sport and is generally perceived as a reputable organization. The BCA gains very little from recognizing Schmidtís run, but has a lot to lose (reputation-wise) if ever it was found that the evidence didnít support their public statement. The last thing any bureaucratic organization wants is to issue a retraction.

I shoot fairly often at Billiard of Springfield, by the way. The locals are all proud of your accomplishments as a player. Have you considered making your own concerted effort at breaking Schmidtís record? Many people think youíre one of the few who are capable of doing it. It would probably require the same full-time commitment that it did for Schmidt.

Seems like the sweetest resolution to this debate would be to snatch the record away from him. Just make sure that you donít make the same mistake he did by failing to post the video on YouTube while it was still newsworthy. Trust me, money will come with more eyeballs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
/thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Weren't there actual, living humans that witnessed this?
Why is this such a hot-button issue for some people? Mosconi's record wasn't recorded yet everyone accepted it due to eye-witnesses. Shouldn't that be enough?? This whole "did he really do it?" drama is kinda lame imo.
No UNBIASED WITNESS(es). Run started at 10:00AM and ended at 2:07PM. Business was only open to public @ 1:00PM. No one, unbiased, could have seen more than one hour, seven minutes of the run. All affidavit signees were biased with six out of the eight signees being JS team members. STILL ONLY QUALIFIES AS A PRACTICE RUN, nothing to do with 14.1 Straight Pool/Continuous. TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

Old
  (#9)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 09:49 AM

Dans alter ego replying to his own thread again
yawn

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#10)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradarx View Post
No UNBIASED WITNESS(es). Run started at 10:00AM and ended at 2:07PM. Business was only open to public @ 1:00PM. No one, unbiased, could have seen more than one hour, seven minutes of the run. All affidavit signees were biased with six out of the eight signees being JS team members. STILL ONLY QUALIFIES AS A PRACTICE RUN, nothing to do with 14.1 Straight Pool/Continuous. TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP!
Pretty much same as Mosconi's run. Held in a local pool hall full of WM lovers. Please.

Ostrich's with head in sand???
Old
  (#11)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

Ostrich's with head in sand??? - 01-13-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Carom Club View Post
Dans alter ego replying to his own thread again
yawn
Could be your's but you wouldn't know it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Pretty much same as Mosconi's run. Held in a local pool hall full of WM lovers. Please.
At least they were there for the entire run! Unlike this fake practice run

Old
  (#12)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

01-13-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:

This is how I feel, too. The BCA had no vested interest in recognizing this record. It's not as if the BCA has tried to use it to stir up interest in 14.1 or in anything else, for that matter. They claim to have witnessed the run from start to finish and have deemed it valid. That's good enough for me.

BCA operated by CSI
Old
  (#13)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member

BCA operated by CSI - 01-13-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
This is how I feel, too. The BCA had no vested interest in recognizing this record. It's not as if the BCA has tried to use it to stir up interest in 14.1 or in anything else, for that matter. They claim to have witnessed the run from start to finish and have deemed it valid. That's good enough for me.
Two staff members witnessed the video and recognized this for their membership. They evidently then and still now do not know or acknowledge their own rules of pocket pool games. They, as all of these pool organizations are only existing for the MONEY brought into their organizations. They believe as do most of these organizations that if they keep telling their membership the same thing over and over, that they will believe it to be true. Never going to happen. Too many knowledgeable pool players left in America to have the wool pulled over their eyes this easily. There is very little money to be made from this fictitious claim. Post the unedited video!

hmm
Old
  (#14)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

hmm - 01-13-2020, 03:11 PM

I have been the last American standing at the Dragon 14.1 event (bronze medal), 1st place at the dcc straight pool challenge (both high run and tournament winner). I just wonder why I am unable to view the tape with my own eyes? I understand that Guinness Book of World Records does not acknowledge their claim as an actual record - is this because it has not been released for the main public to view?
I understand the 'semi public' can view it however? I am obviously not apart of the semi public or I would have seen it already, anyone who believes all they hear or read (without first seeing solid evidence) is a bit of a fool imho.

Kipchoge (Kenya) broke the 2 hr barrier in the marathon in a non traditional race format a couple months back, it was live streamed and OPEN for GENERAL PUBLIC to see on the tube. I do not see the same transparency in relation to schmidt and charlie's claim of this mystery 626 or the bca for that matter. Please note that I have competed against John many times in 14.1 and I acknowledge that he is an accomplished Straight Pool player who is capable of running 600 + on a 5" pocket table - I just want to know why they have not released the tape for the people to see. Also if there is not a visible line drawn around the triangle for us to see what balls are in or out of the rack - I would immediately discredit this run, if there is no line drawn around triangle - they will be using a large/thick triangle to rack with - as to help create more space for possible break shots (cheating). Till I see evidence - I will remain very skeptical. All of John's new sponsors / 14.1 hall of fame deal happened after the bca announced his new record - without releasing any footage to the general public. There seems to be some hidden pockets here - all I'm asking for is a little clarity on this mystery tape. Otherwise there just using his name to make a phony claim. My record against him is good in tournament competition - so I really have nothing to be jealous about ha ha. Besides I have no big sponsors and would probly never practice on 5" pockets anyhue.

Not really sure the difference between the semi public and general public - but it does sound kinda divisive, Anyone care to comment on why only the 'semi public' are allowed to see the private viewing of this tape? Just because of my list of accomplishments in the 14.1 discipline - does not give me anymore of a right to see proof, I am just like the rest of the general public - not allowed to see evidence after 9 months of this possible phony claim. Also if u believe everything u hear I am not interested in yer input either. I really feel that in order for john to get the hall of fame and new cue sponsor deal he had to come up with some new accomplishment - so they targeted Mosconi's record and then this hidden pocket mystery tape. The reason they will not release or try to market it in a traditional way - because the tape will not pass and has been altered. I am not the only one with this opinion either. his new cue sponsor will soon be trying to sell a cue that says mr. 626, the cue will probly be available to general public for sale but I would imagine they (the powers at b) will hide the tape for some time from the general public. I think semi public = john's facebook followers/ oblivious sheep.

One of the best Straight Pool players - on any soil - or gravity for the matter. Willie Mosconi's 526 stands.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 01-16-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Guinness World Record Application
Old
  (#15)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member

Guinness World Record Application - 01-13-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
I have been the last American standing at the Dragon 14.1 event (bronze medal), 1st place at the dcc straight pool challenge (both high run and tournament winner). I just wonder why I am unable to view the tape with my own eyes? I understand that Guinness Book of World Records does not acknowledge their claim as an actual record - is this because it has not been released for the main public to view?Proof of record attempt must be released to Guinness World Records prior to consideration. Never going to happen.
I understand the 'semi public' can view it however? I am obviously not apart of the semi public or I would have seen it already, anyone who believes all they hear or read (without first seeing solid evidence) is a bit of a fool imho.

Kipchoge (Kenya) broke the 2 hr barrier in the marathon in a non traditional race format a couple months back, it was live streamed and OPEN for GENERAL PUBLIC to see on the tube. I do not see the same transparency in relation to schmidt and charlie's claim of this mystery 626 or the bca for that matter. Please note that I have competed against John many times in 14.1 and I acknowledge that he is an accomplished Straight Pool player who is capable of running 600 + on a 5" pocket table - I just want to know why they have not released the tape for the people to see. Please keep in mind that if they have not drawn a line around the triangle for us to see what balls are in or out of the rack - I would immediately discredit this run, if there is no line drawn around triangle - they will be using a large/thick triangle to rack with - as to help create more space for possible break shots. Till I see evidence - I will remain very skeptical. All of John's new sponsors / 14.1 hall of fame deal happened after the bca announced his new record - without releasing any footage to the general public. There seems to be some hidden pockets here - all I'm asking for is a little clarity on this mystery tape. Otherwise there just using his name to make a phony claim. My record against him is good in tournament competition - so I really have nothing to be jealous about ha ha. Besides I have no big sponsors and would probly never practice on 5" pockets anyhue.
Legit World Record, NOT.

Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: