CTE Interested Student/Users

sacman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sacman or Spider or any other CTE user:
I want to discuss the 45 perception in CTE aiming. (the other thread was shut down so hopefully we can keep this one alive since I've tried to label it for "Students/Users".)
I think the 45 degree perception is the most difficult to line up on and hit correctly because there is nothing to "see" when aiming it. It closely resembles ghost ball...you know what I mean by that, trying to hit an invisible ball way out there.
What difficulties, if any, have you had with the 45?
I know the 0-15-30 are fairly simple (except sometimes I'll screw up and perceive a 15 as a 30, like a dummy, and overcut the shot)
I know that when Stan's Truth Series hits the web, this will be addressed by the master himself and that will solve everything. However, in the meantime, I'm just curious if another student/user like me has problems with that 45. It's costing me some money here and there and I don't like that at all.
Any comments from you will be welcome.
Happy Trails to you:thumbup:

I'm too new at CTE to provide much of a helpful answer but will offer my perpectives so far. At this point in the system - if I need any help in determining angles - I place my cue in direct line to the pocket line behind the object ball and then look at the cue ball to object ball path. I'm proficient at estimating angles - especially the 45 since it is half of a right angle and so rarely do that. I then line up behind the cue ball to get my visuals. I imagine a "ghost ball" (yes - I said "ghost") behind the target ball to gain the CTE line. Last night's Monday night was a struggle with CTE - although I won 10-3 with two losses due to scratches. Surprisingly, the 45 and greater are easier to recognize for me. What I struggle with is getting the right visual that are transitional ... between 15 and 30 ... and 30 and 45. I'll be posting a question elsewhere about that struggle in hope of getting help (I don't want to divert the topic of this thread with those questions.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I want to discuss the 45 perception in CTE aiming. (the other thread was shut down so hopefully we can keep this one alive since I've tried to label it for "Students/Users".)
I think the 45 degree perception is the most difficult to line up on and hit correctly because there is nothing to "see" when aiming it. It closely resembles ghost ball...you know what I mean by that, trying to hit an invisible ball way out there.
I know the 0-15-30 are fairly simple (except sometimes I'll screw up and perceive a 15 as a 30, like a dummy, and overcut the shot)
I know that when Stan's Truth Series hits the web, this will be addressed by the master himself and that will solve everything. However, in the meantime, I'm just curious if another student/user like me has problems with that 45. It's costing me some money here and there and I don't like that at all.
Any comments from you will be welcome.
Happy Trails to you:thumbup:
Here's a quick way to estimate CB/OB fractional alignments. (See my post about it here: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=474591)

pj
chgo

View attachment 19491

Attachments

• ratios.jpg
    ratios.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 434

sacman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the 0-15-30 are fairly simple (except sometimes I'll screw up and perceive

Where does the "0" of "0-15-30" come from? I've noticed that popping up occasionally. Is that referring to straight-ins and if so don't we use 15 degree perceptions for those?

cutemonster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
finding 30 or 45 is not hard. What I'm having trouble is differentiate 30 inside vs 45 outside. Or 45 inside vs 60 outside.