CTE Visual Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in spite of the fact that i know this post will accomplish nothing (ITS TOO BAD )
but
jews dont go into christian places of worship to say jesus christ was not the messiah (according to their beliefs )..just an anology
so patrick/dan/lou etc
LEAVE THESE GUYS ALONE
you have pestered them for 20 plus years

why keep beating your heads against a wall??
remember I AM NOT A CTE USER
but its really aggravating that all discussions turn in to a flame war
jmho

Thank you for your comment.

Those three are on "ignore" so I won't be wasting time reading the non-CTE-relevant answers to CTE questions.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in spite of the fact that i know this post will accomplish nothing (ITS TOO BAD )
but
jews dont go into christian places of worship to say jesus christ was not the messiah (according to their beliefs )..just an anology
so patrick/dan/lou etc
LEAVE THESE GUYS ALONE

jmho

With all due respect bbb, you don't know what you are talking about. The mods don't want any more debate about CTE and I haven't mentioned it in months, other than in a positive way to encourage sacman more recently. (Unfortunately it seems he's too immature to hear anything other than what he wants to hear.)

Spider is the expert at ratcheting everything up to Defcon 5 for no apparent reason other than he can't seem to let people have a different opinion and ignore them. My comment was directed only at him to balance out what can only be described as revisionist history. I made my point and there's no need to drag it out further.

Maybe you can direct some of your scolding toward the one guy who walks around this forum with a chip on his shoulder and can't let ANYTHING go unchallenged.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
With all due respect bbb, you don't know what you are talking about. The mods don't want any more debate about CTE and I haven't mentioned it in months, other than in a positive way to encourage sacman more recently. (Unfortunately it seems he's too immature to hear anything other than what he wants to hear.)

Spider is the expert at ratcheting everything up to Defcon 5 for no apparent reason other than he can't seem to let people have a different opinion and ignore them. My comment was directed only at him to balance out what can only be described as revisionist history. I made my point and there's no need to drag it out further.

Maybe you can direct some of your scolding toward the one guy who walks around this forum with a chip on his shoulder and can't let ANYTHING go unchallenged.
i agree spidey is in the mix of the flames
but if you guys dont post he doesnt have anything
" to ratchet up to Defcon 5 " to use your terms
just sayin

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
just sayin
So Spidey decides what’s acceptable to say here. You’ll get no disagreement from him (or, apparently, the mods).

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You're kidding, right? You are telling me that Stan really didn't want to produce tons of videos and teach all those people in his home?

NO, he did not want to produce those tons of videos. Many of them were done to illustrate the proper techniques based on the attacks and misguided questions posed by the ANTI-CTE group. You know who I'm talking about.

Yes, he does want to do lessons in his home. But if lessons were the only part of his obligations, he could schedule vacations or anything else around them. Or put another way, he could do whatever the hell he desired first and scheduled lessons around that.

He got no satisfaction out of that? If that is the case then why did he encourage his kid to pick up the game?

For the same reason YOU PICKED UP THE GAME! There was always a POOL TABLE in the house. Did you have to be encouraged or did you just want to get on the table and start whacking balls into the holes on your own?

Riiight. I don't understand why you are even making this point about Stan. The guy obviously has a passion and he is spending his time enjoying it.

This is hard work for him. It's a job. Playing pool is a passion for him and all of us. It's fun and a never ending challenge. Doing a book is drudgery and painstakingly slow.

I really don't think Stan is standing at the tables, yes tables, IN HIS house in beautiful man cave pool rooms with awards and beautiful pictures because he is trying to prove his naysayers wrong.

He's trying to prove CTE is right along with naysayers being wrong. He's so damn sick and tired of you and the others it's beyond words. He left this forum because of all the constant attacks on his work and his professionalism and character.

Please just stop with the martyr talk. The guy decided, with his own free will, to write an enormous book. Anyone who has written a book will tell you it is grueling. Maybe that is what Stan wants to get behind him.

Of course it's what he wants to get behind him. He made the commitment but had no idea how grueling and confining it would be. Could he slough off and shirk his focus on the project to get his pleasures elsewhere? Sure, but it's not in Stan's makeup. Probably yours, but not his.

It's not a slamming post. It was a criticism of something you said about Stan, not a criticism of Stan himself.

Of course it's a slamming post both on Stan and me. What do you think gives you the right to criticize ME for something I said about Stan when I'm the one who knows what Stan has gone through and you haven't a clue?

Nobody has sacrificed anything here. Everyone has responsibilities and limited time and has to CHOOSE what their priorities are. Raising a child with special needs requires sacrifice from a parent who never could have predicted or wanted such a situation. Choosing to spend as much time as necessary to help that child develop as normally as possible is a sacrifice.

You must have done that with your own child since you have such great knowledge about the situation and speak with authority. I'm sure you sacrificed a lot while raising your special needs child. :bow-down:

Choosing to play pool over taking a vacation to Yosemite isn't a sacrifice.

There you go twisting things again. Stan is NOT playing pool. He's doing something he's never done before in his life which is write a book along with taking hundreds of pictures to illustrate exactly what he's describing. He's also outlining what he wants to create and do in the Truth Series Videos.

There are a lot of retakes, redo's, and attempt to cover all questions that might come up from students who want to learn CTE. I don't know why. You and the rest of the gang members will be right around the corner to go off on another decade or more attack on CTE, Stan, and anybody who uses and praises it.

SICK, SICK, SICK SH*T!!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
So Spidey decides what’s acceptable to say here. You’ll get no disagreement from him (or, apparently, the mods).

pj
chgo

You've been trying to get forum pool players to accept what you say for the last two decades as if you're some kind of supreme authority in the world of pool.

Please do tell, what are your professional credentials and accomplishments.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
just sayin

Larry, your prior post was right on the money and so is this one.

Now YOU are being tag team attacked by two of the five gang members. Don't let Pat Johnson or Dan White tear you down like they do to every one else

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
but
so patrick/dan/lou etc
LEAVE THESE GUYS ALONE

jmho

This post of yours if far too logical and makes too much sense. Why would they listen?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
With all due respect bbb, you don't know what you are talking about. The mods don't want any more debate about CTE and I haven't mentioned it in months,

Talking out of both sides of your mouth again. "The mods don't want any more debate about CTE and I haven't mentioned it in months"

And here you are invading a SPECIFIC CTE THREAD titled "CTE VISUAL QUESTION"

Isn't it a clue for you that you shouldn't even be in here to begin with if PEACE was your objective?

But NO, you come in here ATTACKING ME, STAN, SACMAN, AND BBB (Larry) and plead your case for innocence.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Hmm... holding those who burst into flames accountable for flame wars. What a novel idea for the aiming forum.

pj <- nah, too sensible
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Hmm... holding those who burst into flames accountable for flame wars. What a novel idea for the aiming forum.

pj <- nah, too sensible
chgo

So says the man who was responsible for "flame wars" being added to Webster's Dictionary as a new word two decades ago and still going strong.

This forum is a much better place when you're given long term bans as you've been in the past.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
So says the man who was responsible for "flame wars" being added to Webster's Dictionary as a new word two decades ago and still going strong.
When we say “the guy who walks around with a chip on his shoulder” and “those who burst into flames”, everybody, including you, knows who that is. It isn’t us.

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
When we say “the guy who walks around with a chip on his shoulder” and “those who burst into flames”, everybody, including you, knows who that is. It isn’t us.

pj
chgo

'Choir boys' wouldn't fit the "US" either. How about "Initiators", "antagonists", "CTE haters", "gang members", "flame war starters",

Again, this is a specific CTE thread which you have never had anything positive to discuss in two decades. Why are you in here other than post to me and continue antagonizing?

Will you do it again? I think so. You're Pat Johnson and have a reputation to live up to. It's your job.

(what can he think of next?)

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stopped posting about fractions...'they' could stop about CTE

'Choir boys' wouldn't fit the "US" either. How about "Initiators", "antagonists", "CTE haters", "gang members", "flame war starters",
Again, this is a specific CTE thread which you have never had anything positive to discuss in two decades. Why are you in here other than post to me and continue antagonizing?
Will you do it again? I think so. You're Pat Johnson and have a reputation to live up to. It's your job.
(what can he think of next?)
That's a pretty good question, Mister Spider. (in blue)
I stopped posting about fractions and Mosconi in order to leave the fractions followers alone....seems like 'they' could stop posting about CTE and Stan Shuffett to leave the CTE followers alone as well.
Man oh man, they never quit do they?
:shakehead::shrug:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
That's a pretty good question, Mister Spider. (in blue)
I stopped posting about fractions and Mosconi in order to leave the fractions followers alone....seems like 'they' could stop posting about CTE and Stan Shuffett to leave the CTE followers alone as well.
Man oh man, they never quit do they?
:shakehead::shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jd9e6QCuXE

It's now a part of their DNA.

FYI, I got an email from Stan this morning stating what I posted about him, CTE, and the project was his sentiments exactly and if he did post here it would have been the same thing only stronger to a certain instigator/attacker.

These are his exact words copy and pasted here: "I’m amazed at how well you have been able to express my sentiments"

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
but
so patrick/dan/lou etc
LEAVE THESE GUYS ALONE

jmho

Your analogy is deeply flawed.

This a place to discuss aiming pool balls and nothing half as serious as religion. All you're doing is attempting to legitimize the behavior of some who behave as religious-like zealots.

All points of view should be welcome. And if the guys who behave as if even the mere mention of the name of a particular aiming system is tantamount to blasphemy, they are the ones who should avoid places where free and open (or as close as we can get to it) discussion of *all* aiming systems, approaches, and techniques takes place. If they want a "scared place" to discuss their system and only their system, they need to petition the powers that be to create and protect a forum just for them. End of problem.

But if this is still the Aiming Conversation forum then all discussions about aiming should be on the table.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just sayin

Wrong again.

As someone who babysat the keys and codes to 10 Minuteman ICBMs for four years I can reliably tell you that DEFCON 5 is the lowest "everyday" state of readiness. IOWs, you don't "ratchet up to DEFCON 5" because you're atready there.

The system ratchets its way up from DEFCON 5 to DEFCON 1. At DEFCON 1 it's as serious as its's going to get and basically that state of readiness means that someone is about to have a very large barbecue in their backyard.

Lou Figueroa

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Wrong again.

As someone who babysat the keys and codes to 10 Minuteman ICBMs for four years I can reliably tell you that DEFCON 5 is the lowest "everyday" state of readiness. IOWs, you don't "ratchet up to DEFCON 5" because you're atready there.

The system ratchets its way up from DEFCON 5 to DEFCON 1. At DEFCON 1 it's as serious as its's going to get and basically that state of readiness means that someone is about to have a very large barbecue in their backyard.

Lou Figueroa

You need to attack your compadre Dan White, not bbb. He was the one who made the comment about ratcheting up to DEFCON 5. NOT LARRY.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The system ratchets its way up from DEFCON 5 to DEFCON 1. At DEFCON 1 it's as serious as its's going to get

Lou Figueroa

And all this time I thought it was the other way around! Thanks. There are some people on TV news who have it backwards, too.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong again.

Lou Figueroa

This belongs in NPR, not the aiming forum. Thanks for derailing another CTE thread. You guys just can't keep yourself interested in little virtual pool drawings can you.

Status
Not open for further replies.