Kamui Black Clear Vs. Regular Kamui black..

RoadAgent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always played with a Regular Kamui black med. Whats your opinion on the Kamui black clear? Or what tip do you feel may be better?

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
Same exact tip, only difference is the clear has a clear pad. Both will play the same.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I figured just wondering if the clear area on the glue side actually made a bit of difference... Any better tips out there?

G2's are better than Kamui, without a doubt.

I will have to try KI-Tech, hear very good things about those, same with milk duds.

A good triangle is hard to beat.

cpcntr

Registered
Both are crap actually.
Clear tip has been engineered by kamui for russian pyramid cues which usually don't have any ferrule and requires a fibre pads to be installed. I can't imagine any reasons to install clear tip to a pool cue with ferrule (mb only for ob1/ob2 with wood laminated ferrule), only marketing stuff to sell more tips.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Kamui has mentioned that the Clear Pad was to Dummy Proof installations, for those of us that obviously don't know how to Prep a tip properly for an install.

A lame excuse if that is all that you are doing. Just another Marketing Ploy to try and keep your head above water in the ever changing Tip and billiard market in general.

All that is basically happening is that you are gluing a hard piece of material, on top of another piece of hard material, (your ferrule).

I haven't tried one but common sense would tell you that you won't see or feel a huge difference that will jump out at you either way.

You ferrule is 3/4" long. Now it is 25/32nds. Or 50/64ths.

They do look pretty sexy tho. I will give them that much.

Last edited:

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui has mentioned that the Clear Pad was to Dummy Proof installations, for those of us that obviously don't know how to Prep a tip properly for an install.

A lame excuse if that is all that you are doing. Just another Marketing Ploy to try and keep your head above water in the ever changing Tip and billiard market in general.

Trust me, people fk up an install all the time. Tips don't have to pop off to play like shit.

The marketing angle is a joke, I agree, but the pad does make the install clown-proof.

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clear tip has been engineered by kamui for russian pyramid cues which usually don't have any ferrule and requires a fibre pads to be installed.

Yeah, you're spewing total nonsense.

It's to eliminate glue wicking into an improperly prepped tip, that's all. You might argue whether that's necessary, but that's exactly what it does, nothing more nothing less.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui Clear Black

All my cues had Kamui Black medium tips I had installed 2 years ago and today there's not a Kamui Black tip on any of my cues.........switched to Kamui Clear Black and went down in hardness from medium to soft and super soft.......only way to go with Kamui Clear Black....no glazing problem and the tips play better.....actually far better....than anything else. My Prewitt cue came with original Moori brown tips so naturally I kept those on my cue's shafts otherwise were it not for being original Moori tips, that cue would have Kamui Clear Black in a soft and super soft hardness.....don't be mislead by the anti-Kamui morons on the Forum either. Contact Shooter08 (Tom) who's the Kamui dealer I purchased all my Kamui Clear Black tips from.

Matt B.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All my cues had Kamui Black medium tips I had installed 2 years ago and today there's not a Kamui Black tip on any of my cues.........switched to Kamui Clear Black and went down in hardness from medium to soft and super soft.......only way to go with Kamui Clear Black....no glazing problem and the tips play better.....actually far better....than anything else. My Prewitt cue came with original Moori brown tips so naturally I kept those on my cue's shafts otherwise were it not for being original Moori tips, that cue would have Kamui Clear Black in a soft and super soft hardness.....don't be mislead by the anti-Kamui morons on the Forum either. Contact Shooter08 (Tom) who's the Kamui dealer I purchased all my Kamui Clear Black tips from.

Matt B.

My cue maker put a Kamui Clear SS on a cue of mine as he wanted me to try it out. I don't claim to be an expert but I absolutely love it. Several months and no glazing.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To me there is a big difference. When I play with the Clears it seems no matter
where I hit the CB it feels like middle ball. There just a truly solid hitting tip and even
more so with the clear pad.
I've played with Kamui browns as well and the Clear brown mediums hit
outstanding as well.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
I have always loved the kamui tips and have only played with them and can't tell any difference between the regular and the clear tips. I just like the clear ones because of the looks. There is a big difference between the brown and the black tips tho. But if your looking to try something different go with the Ki-Tech tips.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a slight difference in feel between regular Kamui and Kamui clear. You do feel the plastic pad, but if that is a good or bad thing is up to you.
I usually put a fibre pad on my shafts, I llike the extra protection it offers, a polycarbonate pad really is no different.
I don`t find the polycarbonate pad distracts my eyes as some players are concerned about.
The clear tips is a clever way to have some controll over the quality of tip installing and it looks different/cool, so it sets Kamui clear tips apart from the rest of the market.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
To learn more about Kamui products see the link below, if you need anything feel free to PM me. if you already are getting some kind of discount please let me know where you need to be and I will see what I can do, our advertised prices are restricted by MAP. THx Tom

http://www.kamuitips.com

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always played with a Regular Kamui black med. Whats your opinion on the Kamui black clear? Or what tip do you feel may be better?

I played with and was a big fan of Kamui for
a few years, they seemed like a better tip to
me the first year or two I used them. However,
the quality of the tip seemed to get worse instead
of better, just like Moori's.

In my opinion, the answer to your last question was
posted in post #4 and post #5, G2. I love G2 mediums,
but have yet to try G2 soft and hard. The mediums are
so good, I saw no need to try the other two.

This is only my opinion. Since tips are relatively cheap,
you could perhaps try them all, in due time. It's G2 for
me though, my search is over and has been since 2013.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Originally Posted by cpcntr
Clear tip has been engineered by kamui for russian pyramid cues which usually don't have any ferrule and requires a fibre pads to be installed.

Yeah, you're spewing total nonsense.

It's to eliminate glue wicking into an improperly prepped tip, that's all. You might argue whether that's necessary, but that's exactly what it does, nothing more nothing less.
before calling nonsense on anyone it is usually useful to think a little - what if there is a point? I send you a PM in regard with that. Illustrated.

Wybrook

A. Wheeler
Silver Member
I put a Kamui Black Med clear on one of my shafts last week and hit some balls with it for about a half hour.. It plays a little harder due to the plastic pad. I have a brand new plain Kamui Black Med on a different shaft and I can tell instantly which tip is on it.
That being said, I like harder tips so I really am not worried about it...

The tip plays the same but the hit is a bit harder.. (thought I'd clarify for those who hold you to your exact words) :)