When is the Pro One/CTE book coming out?

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been hearing about it for a long time now.

I have both DVDs and still need something more to understand. It sure would be great if any new material was reviewed by at least a few people that aren't already familiar with the methods before it is released. It seems to me that people who already understand the methods may kind of gloss over some areas that are critical to the uninformed. I spoke to Stan about this once, but he either didn't agree or just didn't want to do that for other reasons. It's been a while since we had that conversation so I don't really remember anymore why he nixed it.

I've witnessed Pro One players hitting the center of the pockets with great regularity and I still have my hopes up that someday I'll get it.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also am interested in getting this book. I also have watched the DVDs a few times, but have not watched too many YouTube videos.

To convince me to adopt CTE, I do give a lot of credit to this blog, http://www.billiardsthegame.com/. The author was/is active on this forum, mohret maybe. Something clicked after reading the entries on here.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I also am interested in getting this book. I also have watched the DVDs a few times, but have not watched too many YouTube videos.

To convince me to adopt CTE, I do give a lot of credit to this blog, http://www.billiardsthegame.com/. The author was/is active on this forum, mohret maybe. Something clicked after reading the entries on here.

Yes.....good website. Mohrt

His site is also where I learned the most about cte.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes.....good website. Mohrt

His site is also where I learned the most about cte.
Thanks. I was at work and didn't have time to confirm. His posts helped explain in language I understood.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Sounds promising. Should one study them in (pretty much) the order in which they were written?

Not sure. I don't use CTE. Was curious how it worked, how to get a "fixed" cb in order to do the offset pivot.

Mohrt was very helpful, but once I understood the concept I was done with it.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is not as difficult as most of the naysayers preach.
It does take some revising of one's present method of shooting. But it isn't as confusing or difficult as the naysayers preach.
It will give you a mortal lock on where to hit those balls. (this coming from someone, me, who played for 60 years using that hackneyed mosconi book with his fraction ideas in it).
Concerning the newest material that is forthcoming.... You can bet all you got that the naysayers will never follow the instructions but will preach to high heaven about how it is "more snake oil" or "same old, same old".
My simple advice is to just learn the method, keep quiet about it, let nobody know what you know, and rob them all. They'll never know what hit 'em. The most satisfying aspect is in keeping their con....they never know they've been ambushed.
One thing comes to mind from old Minnesota Fats' book when he said: "I know everything you know and you don't know nothing that I know". Very profound.
Think it over and stay happy. Good wishes to you.
Life goes on............:thumbup:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is not as difficult as most of the naysayers preach.
It does take some revising of one's present method of shooting. But it isn't as confusing or difficult as the naysayers preach.
It will give you a mortal lock on where to hit those balls. (this coming from someone, me, who played for 60 years using that hackneyed mosconi book with his fraction ideas in it).
Concerning the newest material that is forthcoming.... You can bet all you got that the naysayers will never follow the instructions but will preach to high heaven about how it is "more snake oil" or "same old, same old".
My simple advice is to just learn the method, keep quiet about it, let nobody know what you know, and rob them all. They'll never know what hit 'em. The most satisfying aspect is in keeping their con....they never know they've been ambushed.
One thing comes to mind from old Minnesota Fats' book when he said: "I know everything you know and you don't know nothing that I know". Very profound.

Low500 seems to live in a Mickey Spillane novel, so keep that in mind as well.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
.....Rah! Rah! Rah!....

.......One thing comes to mind from old Minnesota Fats' book when he said: "I know everything you know and you don't know nothing that I know". Very profound.

Not so much "profound" as foolish. With the double negative he is actually saying, "I know everything you know and you know what I know." Lol

If you ignore the bad grammar, it still makes no sense. If someone knows everything you know, then you at least know that portion of what they know. In other words, if you know 100% of what I know, and this knowledge accounts for 10% of your overall knowledge, then I at least know 10% of what you know.

Fats wasn't too bright, other than setting up excellent handicaps for a good lock to win. :grin:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not so much "profound" as foolish. With the double negative he is actually saying, "I know everything you know and you know what I know." Lol

If you ignore the bad grammar, it still makes no sense. If someone knows everything you know, then you at least know that portion of what they know. In other words, if you know 100% of what I know, and this knowledge accounts for 10% of your overall knowledge, then I at least know 10% of what you know.

Fats wasn't too bright, other than setting up excellent handicaps for a good lock to win. :grin:

This post don't make no sense.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My name is Mike Howerton, and I approved this message.

For the record I'm probably the only one in this thread who didn't say anything about CTE. I was only joking around about double negatives. If making a joke about Low is off limits then fine, but I don't discuss CTE any more because you've asked me not to.

Also, since yesterday I can no longer access AZ Billiards from my cell phone. The server can't be found or something like that. Is anybody else having that problem?

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
For the record I'm probably the only one in this thread who didn't say anything about CTE. I was only joking around about double negatives. If making a joke about Low is off limits then fine, but I don't discuss CTE any more because you've asked me not to.

However, there are two threads at the top with CTE listed in the title and you've posted in both of them.

Why are you even in a thread where you can't discuss CTE but then say something negatively and demeaning about a CTE user?

Innocent Dan. No need to respond.