So what are the pros doing?

DarkPoseidon6

Registered
What do you guys think about how the pros are doing now in the midst of all this? What about Earl? Any word on how him and others are doing now since not having a room to keep their game in shape?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Great question.

I suspect what most of them are doing is getting out of stroke. Even those that have a table available to them know that there will be no tournaments of any kind for quite a while, so where's the motivation to practice?

I reckon they can all get back in stroke with a few weeks of truly dedicated practice when this Corona episode is behind them.

For now, they must watch their safety, their health, their families and their finances, much like most people.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great question.

I suspect what most of them are doing is getting out of stroke. Even those that have a table available to them know that there will be no tournaments of any kind for quite a while, so where's the motivation to practice?

I reckon they can all get back in stroke with a few weeks of truly dedicated practice when this Corona episode is behind them.

For now, they must watch their safety, their health, their families and their finances, much like most people.

Most of them are used to being broke, so this is nothing new for them. ;)

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Stroking their cue into a beer bottle on someones kitchen counter to stay in stroke. :thumbup:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...well,
I'm playing games of the next era and doing just fine and dandy,
always wanting to race though, and it's beginning to be a distraction from the must do,
but I'll stick it out and do my best!

thanks for your curiosity, :grin-square:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you guys think about how the pros are doing now in the midst of all this? What about Earl? Any word on how him and others are doing now since not having a room to keep their game in shape?
Sorry, I started a thread very similar to yours just a few hours after you started yours - somehow I missed seeing yours.

Great question.

Practice for the love of the game?

The entire country is not shut down.

I am sure that some pool halls are still open, in some parts of the US.

I noticed that all of the bars are still open in my home town, though I do not live there anymore.

I imagine that the house pro's are still able to play, at the pool rooms that they are house pro's at.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The entire country is not shut down.

I am sure that some pool halls are still open, in some parts of the US.

I noticed that all of the bars are still open in my home town, though I do not live there anymore.

I imagine that the house pro's are still able to play, at the pool rooms that they are house pro's at.
What is your hometown where bars are open?

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An equal question is what are pro- and semi-pro poker players doing.

The potentially life-threatening mutual handling of playing cards is now as hazardous contagion-wise as pool players' mutually handling the pool balls:

A guy in Arizona playing in the "Card Games" category (Pinochle, Bridge, Canasta, etc.) of the region's annual Senior Games this month didn't know he had contracted the CoVid-19 virus a few days prior to his daylong Games sessions. A news story about the consequent spreading, related that about a dozen competing players; family members; and others they jointly interacted with are now ill with the virus, all stemming from the infected card player.

We all need to be well-informed, sensible about our actions, and highly respectful of others' wellbeing beyond ourselves more than ever.

Arnaldo

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Shane is fishing daily. I'm sure most are practicing somewhere either at home or a friend's table.