What do I do?

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
as Paul would say,

Make a new plan, Sam .... Get out the back, Jack ..... Appear a little Shady, Brady!!! :eek:

spadevil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regardless of what has been said or promised, the guy entered an event, paid the $$ to get there, won money and never received full payment.

That is the bottom line, the guy is owed money.

The promoter sure had some very very bad luck with the weather conditions and lost out in this venture but that is business.

At least KT (IPT) is trying to redeem himself with what he owes......lol.

I know how Danny feels, I've been stiffed (as many other have to) over the years and it leaves a bitter taste, especially if arrangements for payment were to be made.

I feel he is rightly justified to let all on AZB the debt is still outstanding, although it's nothing really to do with the US Open or Barry for that matter.

If no one knew what KT had done with the IPT, people would fall for the same bull again. ;)

JMO.

Brady works for his dad in the US open (correct?).....surely his wages for that could pay Danny's entry fee & lodgings into the event for the next 2 or 3yrs as a compromise?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
brady said:
MAYONNAISE JAR and 2 CUPS OF COFFEE

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full.

They agreed that it was. The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous "yes."

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things; God, family, children, health, friends, and favorite passions -- things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter, like your job, house, and car. The sand is everything else -- the small stuff.

"If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. So ... Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Play With your children.
Take time to get medical checkups.
Take your partner out to dinner.
Play another 18.

There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first -- the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.
One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

Always remember to forget the troubles that pass your way, BUT never forget to remember the blessings that come each day.

Thank you Professor Brady. I hesitated to post here because Brady's dad is a dear friend of mine for many, many years. And I've always gotten along well with Brady as well.

In my years in the billiard industry I have found that the most important commodity we have is our REPUTATION! If you have a good reputation, people trust you to follow through and make things happen. If you have a bad reputation you're dead in the water, plain and simple.

So it is of utmost importance to keep your good name intact if you want to succeed in this industry. Everyone knows everyone else! It's a small world here. This being said we have all made mistakes, and got stuck with the bill so to speak. Me included. My second year at the L.A. Open, thanks to Don Mackey, many of the top players boycotted my event and I lost money. When it came time to pay off over 150K in prize money, I was woefully short.

I had to go to the bank and withdraw over $25,000 from my savings to pay everyone. Mark Tadd can testify to this because he went with me. At the time, I had less than $40,000 to my name. So I was nearly broke afterward. But my reputation was intact and I survived. And prospered by the way.

I would counsel Brady to find a way to clear up old debts and be responsible for his commitments. He has had several years to do this, so excuses are no longer appropos. It would have been wise to settle these debts quietly, but that is no longer the case.

Your reputation follows you everywhere. We can't get away from who we are. Unless we want to move to another continent and start a new life. Unfortunately our conscience follows us anywhere we go.

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Golden

jay helfert said:
Thank you Professor Brady. I hesitated to post here because Brady's dad is a dear friend of mine for many, many years. And I've always gotten along well with Brady as well.

In my years in the billiard industry I have found that the most important commodity we have is our REPUTATION! If you have a good reputation, people trust you to follow through and make things happen. If you have a bad reputation you're dead in the water, plain and simple.

So it is of utmost importance to keep your good name intact if you want to succeed in this industry. Everyone knows everyone else! It's a small world here. This being said we have all made mistakes, and got stuck with the bill so to speak. Me included. My second year at the L.A. Open, thanks to Don Mackey, many of the top players boycotted my event and I lost money. When it came time to pay off over 150K in prize money, I was woefully short.

I had to go to the bank and withdraw over $25,000 from my savings to pay everyone. Mark Tadd can testify to this because he went with me. At the time, I had less than $40,000 to my name. So I was nearly broke afterward. But my reputation was intact and I survived. And prospered by the way.

I would counsel Brady to find a way to clear up old debts and be responsible for his commitments. He has had several years to do this, so excuses are no longer appropos. It would have been wise to settle these debts quietly, but that is no longer the case.

Your reputation follows you everywhere. We can't get away from who we are. Unless we want to move to another continent and start a new life. Unfortunately our conscience follows us anywhere we go.

I hope Brady realizes the sensitivity that you have shown him as well as the generosity of the sharing of your own personal experience. Your advice is GOLDEN.

It would be nice if Brady and Danny decide to handle this immediately and get on with the respective lives. Too much time and too much hurt has already passed and more time simply amplifies the pain and suffering for both parties.

JoeyA

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Danny Harriman said:
He has been given my address enough times to have it as wallpaper in his living room...

Not a pleasant situation, but this was very funny to me for some reason!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
I had to go to the bank and withdraw over $25,000 from my savings to pay everyone.

That is amazing, Jay, simply amazing, and I salute you for it.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I was debating whether to post this because I haven't talked to Danny about it but if he is upset with me, I'll take the fall for it.

For those of you that are on here condeming Danny for his attitude & not moving on, let me tell you a story.

Last year before the DCC, I got a call from Danny asking me to stake him in the Bank Ring Game. At the time, I would consider Danny an acquaintance--someone I have known for years, have had a few conversations with but not someone I would call to see what he was up to.

I told Danny I wasn't much into staking pool players due to the group's (pool players) reputation but have never heard anything negative about Danny so I agreed. It wasn't really even a full stake of the player. Danny had someone else that was taking the other 1/2. He really wanted to play in this event.

Danny met me @ a mall here in St Louis on his way to the tournament & I handed him the money. Now let me ask you--what % of pool players would have just taken my money & not been seen again? What % of pool players would have asked multiple people to be their stakehorse, dump the tournament & pocket the 'extra' entry fees they collected? What % of pool players would have asked for expense money, etc? We had a 30 minute discussion about how I respected his character, his pool ability & his chances in the tournament. But there was one item I forgot to speak to him about that I will get to later.

Danny went on to the tournament & was breezing thru the bank ring game. He was clearly the best player that day but the rules weren't friendly to him & were changed when it came down to the final two players, as they were forced to go 'all in' immediately. I wasn't there but was getting phone updates from Scottster on how he was doing. Danny wound up getting second place. I was sick for him & obviously sick for our success as there was a huge difference in money between 1st & 2nd.

What I never thought to speak to Danny about was the opportunity of a saver. The last phone I had with Scottster, he didn't think that Danny had made one. About 20 minutes later, I get a phone call from Danny & he, without hesitation, told me that due to the rule change in the finals, he had indeed made a saver!!! Now again, how many pool players would have been honest with me about that? How many would have remained hushed about the difference? How many would have stalled on giving me my share? We are talking about a lot of money to most people & at the time Danny was a struggling pool player. When I showed up at the DCC a few days later, Danny paid me my share & I gave him a nice jelly. Now I consider him a friend & look forward to a phone call before next year's bank ring game.

p.s. Do you think that Brady would have been so honest with me? I can only imagine what story of struggle I would have heard. This is the difference between having or not having principles & character. All of you can say that Danny is whining about the money in his dealings with Brady. I haven't directly asked him but I am sure that it is equally about the principle of the entire situation.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Watchez,

You know as well as I do, that it is about principle more than anything else. Two years ago I offered to pay this debt off to Danny and to have Brady deal with me - make payments to me instead of Danny. At the time Danny disagreed with that on principle because the debt was Brady's, not mine, and he said he wouldn't feel good about me doing that.

At the time, Brady was having some life issues (all of us go through that) and that was taken into consideration when we made the deal for Brady to start making payments to Danny again. At the time I gave Brady the benefit of the doubt and relayed some of the hardships he was going through to Danny, who was also very understanding. In the end, Brady made one payment and then disappeared.

I know some people think that Danny is being a crybaby. Believe me, Danny has every right to be upset about this. He has gotten the run around from Brady for almost 5 years over a lousy $2400. Danny's been lied to, lied about, and labeled different things by different people because of this situation. All Danny did was enter Brady's event and finish in the money. :confused:

I think that Brady truly believes that he is above paying Danny. I'm sure that the words of encouragement that Jay gave earlier were well intentioned, but I said basically the same thing to Brady 2 and a half years ago and it went in one ear and out the other. It goes that way when someone doesn't know the difference between right and wrong.

Brady,
That PM you sent me last night spoke volumes. You want me to butt out because you want to deal with Danny one on one? Give me a break. What are you going to tell Danny? That I was "bullying" you into paying him and that it's my fault that he hasnt been paid? Good luck. Danny is a friend of mine, and I've stuck with him during the dark times - and I have been there to support and encourage him (like so many other people in his life) to get him back to the top level of the game of pool WHERE HE BELONGS. Danny shouldn't make any deals with you because you are not a man of your word. You've already backed out on two deals already and stretched this out for almost 5 years. You have had every opportunity to make this situation right, and you have chosen to go in the wrong direction at every turn. For once in this situation, do the right thing and send the man his money. That's all he wants, and that's the only way this will be settled.

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny, I have been burned in the past by pool players not paying me all that is owed after a gambling session, but you have to move on. I am sure this has happened to all pool players who have gambled, but they still gamble.

I think you are only hurting yourself by not playing. You are capable of winning the "US Open" and all that comes with it, so why take that away from yourself. There are 233 pool players that are playing in this tournament and they know that some players have not been paid in the past, but they are still playing. One day you may regret not playing in this tournament when you were in your prime. Next year play.

S

Scottster

efirkey said:
Danny, I have been burned in the past by pool players not paying me all that is owed after a gambling session, but you have to move on. I am sure this has happened to all pool players who have gambled, but they still gamble.

You are comparing apples to oranges here. One on One, it is the 2 involved players' responsibility to make sure the money is posted up front.

In a sanctioned event, it is the sanctioning body's responsibility to assure the prize funds are there. When a player pays his entry fee to play in a tournament there should be no sort of a gamble as to whether or not they will be paid if they finish in the money.
In regards to whether or not Danny should be playing in the US Open... I think he should be playing. Money comes and goes, but titles stay with you forever.

Oh, and BTW... I have a life... A great life with an Awesome Son, a wonderful Wife and my Honor and Integrity in tact.

brady

Registered
I came here to solve this and clear names.

Why should I continue to read all this turmoil? Same people just feed off it. next subject, how about those redskins?

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Reach into your pocket, pay what is owed---that will solve it. Until you own up to your debt and change the way & perspective in how you lead life, turmoil will surround you.

Redskins suck, just like Brady.

Next question.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
brady said:
I came here to solve this and clear names.

Why should I continue to read all this turmoil? Same people just feed off it. next subject, how about those redskins?

Completely immature and irresponsible, but typical of your usual nonsense.
:rolleyes:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Here is a quote I found on the web from Brady that had me dying laughing---

On 7/2/06, Brady Behrman <brady@vbwebsites.net> wrote:
Not at all. As you see this is clearly a mistake and I want to handle this between us. What can we do so we both can sleep at night and be happy? One good turn deserves another.

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scottster said:
You are comparing apples to oranges here. One on One, it is the 2 involved players' responsibility to make sure the money is posted up front.

In a sanctioned event, it is the sanctioning body's responsibility to assure the prize funds are there. When a player pays his entry fee to play in a tournament there should be no sort of a gamble as to whether or not they will be paid if they finish in the money.
In regards to whether or not Danny should be playing in the US Open... I think he should be playing. Money comes and goes, but titles stay with you forever.

Oh, and BTW... I have a life... A great life with an Awesome Son, a wonderful Wife and my Honor and Integrity in tact.

I agree that it is apples and oranges, but I think he should play while he is still at his peak. And I don't understand the "I have a life" comment. I will assume it is directed at someone else.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Danny you have been whining about this for years on these forums, it is clearly not helping and you can do it for another 10 years and it is pretty clear you are not going to get paid. You want the money? Sue Brady and/or the UPA who sanctioned the event for what you are owed plus the 8%/year or so of interest you would now be due, that is your only real course of action that is going to get results. Brady is clearly going to give you lip service for ever hoping that you eventually give up or die in a plane wreck or whatnot so he does not have to worry about it anymore. This is simple reality.

frankwhite

www.superiorbilliardtech.
Silver Member
Danny Harriman said:
It's too bad that the people who are in charge of promoting pool including the US Open click are the ones in charge, I am playing rotation pool real well. I would not mind playing in the open but I would respectfully request that either Brady or Frank pay my late fee and my entry out of the $ I'm owed from one of the UPA's sanctioned tournaments that I did play and compete in and not get paid. I don't care about seeding, you have to play top players sooner or later, I don't think I'm terribly disliked but at the same time I find it amazing that one person or maybe two can eliminate me from being able to compete in this event. Even though 9 ball is not near as much of a 'ball' as it once was I still feel I am capable of winning this event. So can one org. sabatage me? If I decided to play in the Open it would have to be either Brady or Frank paying my entry. Berry Behrman (Brady's Dad) told me that he has nothing to do with his son's business affairs and does not care if I play or not. I would offer this scenario, a young top pro golfer enters a big pro tourney and the promoter and or org. fails to make good on the prize $ - so what does he do? Do you think he calls the org. and say's I don't care if I get paid or not just let me play next yr. in your big Open. The only thing is I am not laughing too loud cause I want to play and it never ceases to amaze me that the players would keep returning to a tournament not knowing for sure whether they will get paid. Please remember that no one on this planet wants to play or compete anymore than me. The promoters of the US Open make their own bed and I will still remain one of the best players in the World, and before anyone says I might not be capable of winning the Open remember the past two champion's will not play me heads up on their own $. Of course I would not play 9 ball I would naturally play 10 ball where you may break soft if you don't like your $. I would suggest that we have a new US Open maybe make it Bank Pool related, and please lets keep the crooks out of the promotional end of this. I don't have the answer but if you think I'm not playing in the Open cause I can't get along or maybe I'm a crybaby then you are sadly mistaken and your being brainwashed. I AM NOT AN OUTCAST. I will allways be one of the top players in the world. Meanwhile back at the ranch what happens if a recognized player from the Philippenes did not get paid? I think Brady Behrman or Frank would have coughed up the $ only because of who they are. I don't expect to be treated any better or worse but a wise person whom I looked up to as a kid once told me "don't go back where you feel your not welcomed". I tried to work out a payment plan with Brady and Frank cause I have owed people $ before, $50.00 a month would have worked for me but we must understand that were dealing with people who don't care about their reputation as they have made posts on this forum and have the audacity to lie to you and everyone else on this and say that I had been paid. As Ace Ventura would say LAWHOO-SA-HER ie Looser Ohh and Frank he is the best liar as he sounds like a lawyer who enjoys his ability too twist the truth with his statement 'talkin bout' me using the fact that I had not been paid in one of his tournaments as a bargaining tool for not paying my sanctioning fee. Frank you my fellow have found your nitch, congrats your a natural liar, I guess it would not have helped the popularity of his little copany to say that the we can't afford to pay Danny.
Sincerely, Danny Harriman (Bronze Medalist at the 14.1 World Championships)

He finally found a nitch, it sure was'nt pool Danny.....:D ;)

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
interesting

Danny,

I know you play great and no one doubts that. I think it will be a great match with you and John.

The only thing I would say to you about it and this is just my view as someone who loves the game and is as excited about competing as you are.

Tiger Woods was once asked how he could play in the Masters at Augusta knowing not long ago African Americans were not alowed to play there and Women were still not at the time. He answered by saying something like, I'm a pro golfer it's one of the biggest events, whatever my point of view is on those things will not stop me from competing.

Anyway it's too bad you couldn't seperate the problem of being owed money and playing in the US Open, I think you're taking opportunity away from yourself more than proving a point.

I do understand your frustration, I'm sure we would all like everything promised to be followed through on...

Good luck in the future.

u compare racism to not being compensated at a pro event - after waiting over ten yrs to be paid - u sir ARE and utter and compete idiot.