Aiming problem with REVO shaft

ChicagoRod

Registered
I have a Revo and for the life of me I my eyes have a difficult time judging where the tip and ferule meet. It affects my aiming.

Has anyone else dealt with that? Also any solutions?

Thanks for any help

sgengaro86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am very interested in hearing responses! I tested a Revo and wondered the same thing! That is one of the reasons I was leaning toward another brand even though the Revo felt great!!!

Scothron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had a 12.4 and a 12.9 revo, as well as a multitude of the other cf shafts. The first time I tried the revo, I didn’t have a problem with aiming until someone pointed it out about the ferrule. It bothered me nonstop after that. I have heard and seen a few things that can help. Two in particular helped me immediately. One is to take one of the whiteout products that are like a scotch tape dispenser, much slimmer obviously, and wrap a piece of it around the shaft just below the tip. The other is to take quality painters tape, suggest Frog brand tape, and wrap a piece of it around the tip and another around the shaft at whatever distance you would like a “ferrule” to be. About 1/8” works best, then use the whiteout bottle with the brush and basically paint a white ferrule on. Remove tape and you are good to go. These are just two options I’ve seen people use that seemed to help. I had to stop using the revo not bc of the lack of ferrule, but was not a fan of taper. But, if you like the shaft, maybe try these quick easy fixes. Just a suggestion.

cj609

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought this revo shaft that had this white ferrule added. Helps with sighting, took some of that revo ding away. Because the ferrule was kept short it really didn't change deflection where I notice or where I had to adjust for it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200202-124227_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200202-124227_Gallery.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 399