Box Cases

The Piper

Get Ugly...
Silver Member
Does anyone still use a simple box case? I went from starting with a box case, to all of the fancy bags, and realizing I carry to much crap, have gone back to a box case with a small compartment for simple stuff.

Does anyone else still use one? Any pictures?

I'm trying to find a place to make a custom cue case. I know google brought me to Taft, and also customcuecase.com.... anyone have any experience with either person? Some of the prices just seems crazy high though on even some simple woods.

Just curious what other options are out there, for nice and durable box cases.

Pagani

Banned
O'neil makes the best box cases. Call Mark Dorf at 1-800-446-6345 or 262-637-3866. They are the best box cases made.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I have few but keep them put away too keep in good shape I love the box cases though

tk123456789

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
O'neil makes the best box cases. Call Mark Dorf at 1-800-446-6345 or 262-637-3866. They are the best box cases made.

I have been trying to get one of these O'Neil cases for over a year. Every time I speak to the guy he tells me he doesn't have anything.

tk123456789

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, I have to retract my last post. I just spoke to Mark and ordered a new case! Can't wait to receive it!!!

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Does anyone still use a simple box case? I went from starting with a box case, to all of the fancy bags, and realizing I carry to much crap, have gone back to a box case with a small compartment for simple stuff.

Does anyone else still use one? Any pictures?

I'm trying to find a place to make a custom cue case. I know google brought me to Taft, and also customcuecase.com.... anyone have any experience with either person? Some of the prices just seems crazy high though on even some simple woods.

Just curious what other options are out there, for nice and durable box cases.

I have a few 1 1 x 2, 1 1 x 3, 1 1 x 1, 1 10 x 20, but I don't know who made any of them. I cannot locate a brand.

Attachments

• Cases-3.jpg
    Cases-3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,314

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member
My carry case is a SCHMELKE 1 X 2 that has held up really well over about 7 years.

Kel_82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck finding a O'Neil distributor, I have been searching for days.

I also tried calling both of their numbers, no answer.

I'm looking for a 2x4 hard case, with a storage that will hold a cue ball. Anyone know of any???

fireball

I am having a guy build me a wood box case. It will be awhile before I get it designed how I want it and then have the build it.

fireball

I am having a guy build me a wood box case. It will be awhile before I get it designed how I want it and then have the guy build it.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Good luck finding a O'Neil distributor, I have been searching for days.

I also tried calling both of their numbers, no answer.

I'm looking for a 2x4 hard case, with a storage that will hold a cue ball. Anyone know of any???

http://www.ozonebilliards.com/arbaandcueca.html
That's all ive seen
But its 2x2

been looking for a NICE box case muhself

I have a guitar builder acquaintance whom I may just have to commission a case build

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
interesting thread. I always felt kind of weird walking in a hall with a box case. don't know why, never felt comfortable, which is funny because I love box cases myself. Im so weird sometimes.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regarding O'Neil Cases, Mark's operation is small and if you need something immediately, he probably won't be able to accommodate you.

OTOH, if you don't need a case in a week or so, his product is worth the wait as he builds the highest quality box cases. I've been buying cases from O'Neil for more than a year and the quality is top notch. I also own two older 4x8 & 6x6 box cases and what Mark makes today is every bit as good as what he made 15 years ago.

Mark isn't a custom shop per se, but he has done some minor modifications to his stock cases for me.

As for communication, Mark is a tradesman not a secretary, so sometimes he may not return emails immediately and a follow-up email or better yet, a phone call is necessary.

Jay

Cobra Jet

Banned
I have ordered a few of the Oneil Box cases from Mark Dorf and he is a very nice guy to deal with and his box cases are the best.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I have ordered a few of the Oneil Box cases from Mark Dorf and he is a very nice guy to deal with and his box cases are the best.

you have an email for this guy?
the only time I have to call is late and email is just easier for me with the hrs I work
really want to have a nice wood box case instead of the golf bags

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you have an email for this guy?
the only time I have to call is late and email is just easier for me with the hrs I work
really want to have a nice wood box case instead of the golf bags

Mark's email is oneilcuecase@att.net

He is old school and doesn't "live" on the internet. This means that he may not respond for a day or two.

I have bought a number of cases from him over the past year. He doesn't have a stock of finished cases, most everything is made to order. In my experience, he usually delivers something to my door within 2-3 weeks and what I have received is perfectly finished and of A1 quality,

BMW

Banned
I have ordered several cases in the past year myself and Mark is a pleasure to deal with and a nice guy and he makes a great case.