Alex Pagulayan and the Australian Open Qualifier 2014

Alan Morris

U.S. Snooker Association
Silver Member

Alan Morris

U.S. Snooker Association
Silver Member
Looks like a tougher qualifying process for the Australian, maybe due to the bigger prize money. I'm assuming the top 16 pros are all pre-qualified on this one. None of their names appear on the qualifying rounds.
The Draw

Boro Nut
Just the same for the World Championship and the Shanghai Masters, the promoters of the Australian Open wanted to keep the existing top-16 ranked players automatically qualified format.

These are the only World Snooker Tour ranking events that don't have the flat 128-draw, although it's something Barry Hearn does wish to phase out in future.

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
Ah well. Shame about Chris as well. I quite fancied him to make an impression. Another day and all that. What's up next?

PS - my tip to keep your eye on is Zhou Yeulong. He's the one who won the world amateurs that Corey played in. Looks a bit tasty and has already qualified for the Wuxi. He won't be wallowing at the bottom of the rankings for long.

Boro Nut

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just the same for the World Championship and the Shanghai Masters, the promoters of the Australian Open wanted to keep the existing top-16 ranked players automatically qualified format.

These are the only World Snooker Tour ranking events that don't have the flat 128-draw, although it's something Barry Hearn does wish to phase out in future.

Is there a live stream for this event? Thanks.