Snooker on TV in US

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't see this posted elsewhere but apologies if so. My provider (Frontier Communications) has a new network called Eleven Sports which is airing some frames of the World Championships. My listings say there are slots at 2am and 5am EST on May 2. I've recorded a couple already today and it appears to be the same broadcast as what's on facebook.

Alan Morris

U.S. Snooker Association
Silver Member
Thanks for the information in regard to this.

I have connections at World Snooker who informed me a few weeks before the World Snooker Championship commenced that it was to be broadcast live on Facebook for a US audience, however the final would not be broadcast.

One I made my inquiry as to why, I was told it was because a US broadcaster had picked it up, but they failed to tell me which one. Thank you for confirming the broadcaster for me.

Best wishes.

Didn't see this posted elsewhere but apologies if so. My provider (Frontier Communications) has a new network called Eleven Sports which is airing some frames of the World Championships. My listings say there are slots at 2am and 5am EST on May 2. I've recorded a couple already today and it appears to be the same broadcast as what's on facebook.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad this was helpful. I recorded around 10 hours of the Final. There might be some frames that were repeated in the four segments I picked up.

First time I've watched it on TV and enjoyed it. First class production, great commentary and lots to learn from these guys. Selby's safety game and long pots were tough to fade!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
wow hope i can catch some of it, if not i can just use youtube to see it on the smart tv