Struggling to get back in stroke

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
Is there any substitute for table time and hitting a million balls? I think not.

Doing something a million times WRONG does not make you a better player. Constructive time and working on your faults will make you a better player.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stopped playing for over a year and just now starting to shoot again. Decided I want to get serious about pool again. Having trouble getting back into stroke. Any suggestions other than not posting and reading the forums???

Hey Pete the issue could be you have lost the feel of the cue weight in your grip hand or you could possibly be over hitting the object ball.
If your talking about body alignment with the shot line and cue delivery straightness there is a fix for that.
Hang in there.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The newest Zero-X stroke drill is great.Tor has given us all great training tips that are very easy to work and improve at any level.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Knels...I just contacted my student to get his consent to name him here, and he said okay. His name is Martin Bittner, and I believe he lives in the city of Quebec. He posts here as nfluids. You can find him most easily on FB. Here's what he had to say:

vCash: 500

Review of Scott Lee
Just past 2 full day (20h total) with Scott.

It really was nice, after a good video analysis of my current stroke, I scored 32 on his evaluation sheet. After the 2 days, I scored above 80.

What I liked is that he had me position myself for about 10 shots or so and mesured my bridge lenght and see what I was more confortable with. After that, we mesured how far my cuetip should go when I finish (follow through) my shot. That is different for everyone, depending on body shape, stance, etc. Defined where my back end should be to be 90 degree.. after that, what was definately something VERY NICE is that he showed me 3 different eyes patterns. I thought I was pattern 3 and after a few min of practicing, I realized I wasn't. I was a pattern 1..

So for the remaining of the 2 days, we worked through some drills he calls "mother drills" that are intented to focus on very specific things, all of which I had to do with my new defined preshot routine / stroke / eye pattern. Was not always easy, but was very very instructive.

He had so much material and I did want to spend as much time as possible with, my head was hurting almost the full to days

It was definitely worth every penny I paid. I will most likely take some more lesson at somepoint, maybe a year, maybe two or more, but will probably do!

The main thing for me was/is my grip is too tight, specially when I try to shoot with some power. The day I was back home, I went to shoot some pool with my girlfriend, and at the end, I got 10-15 min of alone table time and already, I could feel my "new" stroke was feeling more natural.

I'm guessing that with a couple hours of alone table time, my whole new preshot routine/eye pattern/stroke will feel more confortable.

I got the whole 20h of training on my computer as he allowed me to copy the memory card of the cam recorder.

I had training with about 5 different coach so far, 3 local pros, 2 professional coach (they live off of coaching billiard), Scott being one of the 2, and Scott has been the best by far.

to Scott!

Predator SP2 / Revo / Victory Soft
Predator BK Rush / Taom tip
Predator Air Jump 2
Mezz MA-FK1 Autographed by Venom :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Hey Scott who is the player? I might want to get his/her opinion on your lessons. You can pm me the name of you want. Thx

Last edited:

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
Knels, I PM'ed you my facebook, connect with me or give me a call, I'll be happy to discuss that with you!

bstroud

Deceased
Bill - It was REALLY strange. I'm wasn't sure I got your instructions exactly right once I got to the room, but what I did was, put three balls up, CB and 2 OBs. Started with them fairly close together, made one OB and caromed the CB into the other OB. Worked at it for @ an hour or so, ended up with the OBs @ 2 or 3 feet apart and tried to go at least 2 rails before hitting the 2nd OB. By the time I was done, I was going 3 rails ( with some success ).

The strange part was, many many many years ago ( and never again since ), I played 3 cushion for a few hours. Your drill brought back a LOT of memories.

Great drill! Thanks for suggesting it, Bill. I'll be doing it again soon. Please let me know if this was what you had in mind or not.

Michael,

Try to start by shooting in one object ball and billiard onto the second object ball without hitting a rail.

Using the rails make the target larger.

When the ball are 5 feet away it is difficult.

Bill S.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Michael,

Try to start by shooting in one object ball and billiard onto the second object ball without hitting a rail.

Using the rails make the target larger.

When the ball are 5 feet away it is difficult.

Bill S.

Ahhh... got it, thanks Bill. I started out just billiarding into the 2nd ball with no rail but once I had moved them about 1 foot and a half apart I started going to the rail. I'll let you know how it goes with no rails at all.