Table Identification?

Alan Morris

U.S. Snooker Association
Silver Member
Hello All,

I have located a table nearby my home I am strongly considering purchasing. Does anyone here recognize the table manufacturer? Seller is unsure, table is at least 25 yrs old...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0nje0d19zgg4b3v/AAAkWNvtsf--7UvBqldrdIVea?dl=0

Thanks for looking!

Hi Jason,

There are some photos of me there playing, in the black shirt and vest, when I went to play snooker exhibitions at the former Bill & Billie's CuesPort in Arnold, Maryland.

I never really asked what the table brand was, but looking at the leg design it could be a "Matchroom" table from England, which was a brand of table developed by Barry Hearn back in the 1980s.

Best wishes.

Alan.

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
Thanks Alan. It is indeed the table from B&B's, going to be refinished and installed in my house! Would you say the matchroom tables were generally of low, average or high build quality in your experience as a player? Just curious...I already have it so it doesn't really matter too much!

Alan Morris

U.S. Snooker Association
Silver Member
Thanks Alan. It is indeed the table from B&B's, going to be refinished and installed in my house! Would you say the matchroom tables were generally of low, average or high build quality in your experience as a player? Just curious...I already have it so it doesn't really matter too much!

Hi Jason,

I haven't played on many Matchroom brand snooker tables during my career, but from what I recall they were a mid-priced table of perfectly fine quality.

There may have been different grades of table I am not sure, but I remember playing on that table and it performed quite well although it was incredibly slow and I much prefer a quick responsive table, but that was more down to the quality of the cloth that would have been on the table at that time.

Best wishes.

Alan.