Found my holy grail, after trying 100+ cues!! Schon 1993 SL-6 with Mezz WX700 shaft

gascoigne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

I just want to shout out to everyone how I finally found the cue that I play my best with. It just shoots out of this world and it is even more amazing how the Mezz WX700 shaft (united joint) fits absolutely flushed and snug on the Schon 1993 acme joint.

The hit is crisp and firm but there is really good wood feedback about it. If anyone has the opportunity to try a Mezz WX700 on any of the older Schons (which play the best IMO, the wood is dense and so solid), I humbly encourage you to try it. You will be pleasantly surprised, I guarantee you.

:thumbup:

Techstepper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanx for the inspirational post. I have a Schön SL4 as my spare player which I love, but don't dig the shaft, since I am fully on LD shafts now. It's too big a switch to me. Im now trying to sell the Schon and get me another Mezz shaft.

Katipunan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. This is it!!!

Hi all,

I just want to shout out to everyone how I finally found the cue that I play my best with. It just shoots out of this world and it is even more amazing how the Mezz WX700 shaft (united joint) fits absolutely flushed and snug on the Schon 1993 acme joint.

The hit is crisp and firm but there is really good wood feedback about it. If anyone has the opportunity to try a Mezz WX700 on any of the older Schons (which play the best IMO, the wood is dense and so solid), I humbly encourage you to try it. You will be pleasantly surprised, I guarantee you.

:thumbup:

I just got my my WX700 and concur with all of the the above. Great combination with my Schon Runde and newer Clarke SP. It's like a Schon on steroids! Great quality!:D

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's my current favorite combo as well. I have 2 Schons, R6 and a limited from early 90's. Both are very solid playing cues, and with the WX700 hits great.

Scott