Corey Deuel signed up for Q School (snooker)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
One more American who won't qualify. The odds are stacked against him, HEAVILY!

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Ya we saw this last ur when Alex tried and never came close

Alex did ok. He did not make the tour but he won a couple matches.

Corey played in Q School as well last year, and did much worse. Chris Melling played also, and from what i remember he might have actually qualified.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Corey played in Q School as well last year, and did much worse. Chris Melling played also, and from what i remember he might have actually qualified.

Melling did qualify, and is currently ranked #92.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ok was a long way off from qualifying

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Melling qualified easily

Alex came close

Corey was destroyed (his game is light years behind Alex)

qualifying is brutally tough, scores of top amateurs don't even bother

DangerousDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok was a long way off from qualifying

He got to the last 16 of the first event, which meant he was two wins away from qualifying from the tour. Second event he played a match for a spot. Not a long way off at all. This isn't to say that he could compete on the tour, but he came pretty close to qualifying for it and this isn't really up for debate.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He got to the last 16 of the first event, which meant he was two wins away from qualifying from the tour. Second event he played a match for a spot. Not a long way off at all. This isn't to say that he could compete on the tour, but he came pretty close to qualifying for it and this isn't really up for debate.

He competed in 4 large events never won a match finished tied for 128 and won a grand total of 5 frames in all the turnys combind ,,,

DangerousDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He competed in 4 large events never won a match finished tied for 128 and won a grand total of 5 frames in all the turnys combind ,,,

Which is a completely separate discussion from his attempts to qualify for the tour through Q School. You said he wasn't close, and he clearly was. Just to be clear.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he is just doing this for amusement and to see if he can actually learn the game. You'll never know unless you try I suppose- even though the odds are clearly stacked against him

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
One thing is for sure. He's not gonna be able to win using any gimmicks. At some point he is going to have to run centuries in order not to get his nuts shot in.

Short Bus Russ

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey seems happiest challenging himself. He obviously has enough talent to compete at a high level in pool playing the same way everyone else does. Rather than grind out hours of conventional practice, he seems more happy using that time and his talent perfecting things like an 8 ball soft break pattern.

Snooker may be a wild enough challenge to keep his attention. It seems the greatest in many pursuits find near-perfection tedious and they resent the thing they were once passionate about.

I hope he gets out of snooker what he's looking for.