Landon Shuffett and Jesse Engel

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Landon Shuffet is getting a college degree at Lindenwood University in MO. He is also on the Lindenwood Lions Billiards Team. They play matches against other universities, as well as matches against local St. Louis area team talent.

Last I knew, Jesse Engel was living in the Los Angeles area. I spoke with him at House of Billiards. That was a year and a half ago. He was still playing then.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jesse is in Minneapolis, still plays some, but was doing flooring last time I talked to him if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UgotRanDown

Registered
Jessie is in mn, twin cities. He's just a regular joe now. He said there is no money in pool...should of spent his childhood playing golf or poker he said. He's still a monster...best in mn still. Plus he just had a baby so working full-time to support. Knocks off the weekly tournaments every time so still in good shape. Great guy...taking on his responsibilities first now.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Jessie is in mn, twin cities. He's just a regular joe now. He said there is no money in pool...should of spent his childhood playing golf or poker he said. He's still a monster...best in mn still. Plus he just had a baby so working full-time to support. Knocks off the weekly tournaments every time so still in good shape. Great guy...taking on his responsibilities first now.

Good for him, I wish him all the best.

Sadly, this is probably the wise route to take for any young and talented American pool player.

Katipunan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both are very smart. Enjoy the game, take care of the present for your future and of your family and knock out a few champions on the way. No need to prove anything else. Know what your priorities are. Best of luck to them!

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
J.e.

Correct. Jesse is focusing on family and work right now. He's one of the most solid stand up people I know.

That said, he still plays jam up. There is a big tournament tomorrow and I know he'll be playing. He's just 23, has a remarkable gift, and is simply growing up. While he's not playing nationally I wouldn't count him out. He may not be willing to give up his life for a game, but there are many players that played top shelf pool while still working or raising a family. Jesse reached a high enough level at a young enough age there is no reason he couldn't make his presence felt in between Disney movies.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL...I just realized that I was talking about Beau Runningen (sp.?) who is also from MN...not Jesse Engel. My mistake! Congratulations to Jesse and his new baby! Family is more important than anything else!

Scott Lee

Last I knew, Jesse Engel was living in the Los Angeles area. I spoke with him at House of Billiards. That was a year and a half ago. He was still playing then.

Scott Lee

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes sense. If I have seen Beau on streams in California off and on. His Dad was in Fargo Billiards a week ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jesse is working his own bussiness.thanksto josh. They both still play at Jimmy pro billiards . Josh and Jimmy do events. Jimmy will be playing against players here. Mark

Odysseus

Student of the game
Silver Member
Landon was one of the most rock solid players I have ever seen in my life. I watched every match I could find of him (as well as his dad, Stan a.k.a. Mr. CTE Pro One which likely explains Landon's excellence) on the net and studied his game until there was nothing left. The very model of composure and focus (not to mention just plain ol' winning). I really miss watching him play. Much respect to him and Stan.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Landon doing it the smart way,

Do the Acui Billiards and Inter-College events. Continue studying with Mark Wilson and the best College/PoolPlayers in the USA and get a College education.

Then start a Internet or Tech Company, make millions and enjoy playing pool at a high level for the rest of your life.

The best of all WORLDS.

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy

UgotRanDown

Registered
Here's a recent weekly tournament Jessie took down...I'm the 3rd place guy behind Geno but 3rd with these two guys in it is Winning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-10-21-20-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-10-21-20-57.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 467