Types of English...Which one?

boba_fett23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I understand there are three ways you can apply left and right english to a ball consisitanly. Backhand English (where you line up with a center ball hit and pivot you backhand to get the desired english), Fronthand English (where you keep you backhand frozen and pivot your bridge hand for the desired english) and then there is normal english (line up the cue with in line with the desired english).

I was wondering what the instructors and experienced players find to be the most consistant?

Thanks

nksmfamjp

Refugee...
Silver Member
I have only seen your description of normal english applied properly. The other two I have seen, but only in the case of a missed shot and/or position.

OBX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Backhand English (where you line up with a center ball hit and pivot you backhand to get the desired english), Fronthand English (where you keep you backhand frozen and pivot your bridge hand for the desired english)

I would think the above would invite an instructor to slap you.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The most consistent would be playing NO english...unless the position play requires it. While sidespin is an important part of any advanced player's game, I see far more players who use sidespin far too frequently, not knowing that vertical axis (hitting high and low, along the vertical centerline of the CB) is what makes the CB curve...not sidespin (until it hits a rail).

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I was wondering what the instructors and experienced players find to be the most consistant?

Thanks

okinawa77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I understand there are three ways you can apply left and right english to a ball consisitanly. Backhand English (where you line up with a center ball hit and pivot you backhand to get the desired english), Fronthand English (where you keep you backhand frozen and pivot your bridge hand for the desired english) and then there is normal english (line up the cue with in line with the desired english).

Thanks

#3, the last one, is the most consistent.
#1 and 2 have to be custom tailored to the shooter's pivot point.