bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
you can check out all the last4ever products here
http://last4ever.net/
i have used this tip tool ( the standard last4ever) for at least 5 years
it has always worked well
but since i use the shaper as a scuffer i go thru tips alittle more often than some
the pro tool was an answer to my dreams
by being less abrasive
it scuffed and shaped at the same time without taking alot of leather off the tip
and REALLY LOOKS COOL....:thumbup:
i 100% recommend all the last4ever products
signed
a very happy customer
:)

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Used mine for the first time last night, dime radius, burnisher, its a one does all.

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may try a pro next. I got the standard one before I knew the pro existed, and I have to say that it is just too coarse. There's no way to just change the abrasive, is there?

Anyhow, that said it's the only tool I carry around with me these days, other than my piece of MDF with sandpaper glued to it. Very nice tool.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I may try a pro next. I got the standard one before I knew the pro existed, and I have to say that it is just too coarse. There's no way to just change the abrasive, is there?

Anyhow, that said it's the only tool I carry around with me these days, other than my piece of MDF with sandpaper glued to it. Very nice tool.

i think you wil like the pro
great shaper and much less coarse than the regular

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't normally do reviews but I have to say this tool (Pro model) is the best shaper / scuffer I have ever used...and I have used them all. I used to carry several different tools in my case and every time I opened the zipper several of them would fall out. I was the pool hall's Tim the Tool Man Taylor of tip tools. I finally took out all the tools and just keep the Pro model in my case. The scuffer is the perfect consistency for my layered tips and I never have a problem with glazing or holding chalk.

To shape a new tip, I place the tool on the ground, radius side up, place the tip into the middle of the shaper with the joint end of the shaft between my hands. I hold the tip of the shaft in place with my feet while sitting, and then just roll the shaft in my hands.

A word of advice. No matter what tool you use, don't shape your tip too often otherwise you will wear it down prematurely. No tip is going to keep a dime shape after several games. It will wear to the shape dictated by your style. Sooner or later your tip will need a little shaping, and this is the perfect tool. Do a little at a time. Place the tip in the shaper, hold it up to the light, and you can use the radius as a guide.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't normally do reviews but I have to say this tool (Pro model) is the best shaper / scuffer I have ever used...and I have used them all. I used to carry several different tools in my case and every time I opened the zipper several of them would fall out. I was the pool hall's Tim the Tool Man Taylor of tip tools. I finally took out all the tools and just keep the Pro model in my case. The scuffer is the perfect consistency for my layered tips and I never have a problem with glazing or holding chalk.

To shape a new tip, I place the tool on the ground, radius side up, place the tip into the middle of the shaper with the joint end of the shaft between my hands. I hold the tip of the shaft in place with my feet while sitting, and then just roll the shaft in my hands.

A word of advice. No matter what tool you use, don't shape your tip too often otherwise you will wear it down prematurely. No tip is going to keep a dime shape after several games. It will wear to the shape dictated by your style. Sooner or later your tip will need a little shaping, and this is the perfect tool. Do a little at a time. Place the tip in the shaper, hold it up to the light, and you can use the radius as a guide.

you said
I place the tool on the ground, radius side up, place the tip into the middle of the shaper with the joint end of the shaft between my hands. I hold the tip of the shaft in place with my feet while sitting, and then just roll the shaft in my hands
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
here is what is recommended from the web site
Shape - use the concave radius abrasive to initially shape or reshape the tip to a perfect sized radius, either Dime or Nickel depending on which tool you purchased, (each tool has either a "D" or an "N stamped on the end). Slowly rotate the shaft and stroke the length of the tool across the top of the tip until uniform radius is achieved. It helps to chalk the tip first so you can see what part of the tip is being removed. When the center of the tip has all of the chalk removed, you have a perfectly shaped tip.
you can watch tip shaping within this link
http://www.last4ever.com/instructional-videos.html

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Whatever works for you is OK. For me, my way is faster and the tip comes out perfect. The recommended procedure would seem to work better if the cue was in a lathe. However, if you're rolling it on your lap, just say, and going back and forth with the tool, it will be harder to get a true radius around the tip. Can we at least agree that it is an awesome tool?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Whatever works for you is OK. For me, my way is faster and the tip comes out perfect. The recommended procedure would seem to work better if the cue was in a lathe. However, if you're rolling it on your lap, just say, and going back and forth with the tool, it will be harder to get a true radius around the tip. Can we at least agree that it is an awesome tool?
we can agree its an awesome tool.....:)
and if your way works for you and the tip comes out fine then GREAT.....:thumbup: