tiger sniper & predator chalk review

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
My Falcon BS-7 needed a new tip so I went to my local cue repair shop and had a Tiger Sniper put on. I recently ordered some Predator chalk which showed up today (thanks Tim!) So I took it all to the pool hall. I used my break cue with the masters chalk and broke. I then chalked up the Falcon. First thing I noticed is there isn't any residue dusk like masters. It went on thicker but not quite pasty.
I took a hard long shot corner to corner and found the ball control was notably better. I looked at the tip and no sign of a shot, still fully covered. I dis notice a nice new blue dot on the cue ball though. I took another shot and another. I started playing with hard English and noticed the control was amazing. Even when the shot didn't go my way, the cue ball spun through where I wanted it to. I broke with my break cue on an 8-ball rack and played through with the Falcon not having to chalk again through the rack. I felt like I was over using the chalk, like there wouldn't be much left on the octagon but I was really surprised there was hardly any used.

This combo worked out well for my playing characteristics. I have an ss360 shaft coming in soon with a Tiger Sniper tip so I am really interested to see how that works out for me.

80P

Banned
Ive been using predator chalk for a while no and i must say im very impressed. Its a top quality product

Mr Nobody

Banned
I got some Predator and it's some of the best out there , my opinion . Seems a little more course and coats well . I gave some to Rafael Martinez and he liked it . A few of the crew at the joint like it as well ...:smile:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have not tried the Predator chalk, but the Sniper is a great tip.

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1 for Predator Chalk as well.

I've been using Master chalk for a while and after lots of reading, I figured I'll try the Predator Chalk. It's a reputable brand and the price is very reasonable. After about 3 weeks of playing, I noticed a huge difference. My spins have been more consistent and I draw a lot easier now. It's not as messy and I don't have to chalk as much. It holds on very well, even when the tip is glazed. This is a much better buy than that ridiculous $30 Kamui Chalk. $10 for 5 pieces of Predator Chalk? You can't go wrong.

The only problem I've had with this chalk is that it's an octagon shape, so it doesn't fit my magnetic chalk holder (cube shaped). I had to use a knife to cut it down a bit to fit (two sides). There aren't any magnetic octagon chalk holders, let alone much octagon shaped chalk holders at all out there. Not a huge issue, but would've liked it to be a cube shape like the rest of the other brands, or at least a bit smaller so that it can fit in my chalk holder.

Last edited: