Alex Brick dymondwood j/b, Jacoby jump cue, Jeff Olney jump cue reveiws

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex Brick j/b- I ordered this from Alex to use mainly as a break cue and for longer jump shots that don't require much height. This cue breaks a ton! The only break specific cues i have used is the tnt purpleheart and a cheap players and this cue is definitely much better than both. Has a phenolic ferrule with a white diamond tip. I didn't have much time to try jumping with it but the first 10 jumps were pretty disappointing and then all of a sudden it started doing exactly what I wanted it to do which is jump about 2 balls high the length of the table. I don't know if the tip needed to be broke in or if it was user error but this cue performed exactly as I hoped it would for jumping after the first few jumps and breaks way better than I expected. He makes the wood grain line up at all the joints too so it looks awesome. He said he takes the butt and shaft and bangs them together and then has people look for a ding and there isnt one. Im just going to take his word on that! I paid $275 shipped/insured/PayPal directly from Alex, he said he had about 20 in stock. He was very quick to respond to my questions and shipped immediately. I paid for the cue Wednesday night and it was at my door Saturday morning. So to summarize, excellent cue, great price, awesome customer service. I highly recommend this cue.

Jacoby jump cue- I ordered the one with just the one piece handle. It had a brass ferrule and g10 tip. I would say this is the best all purpose jump cue I've tried. I'm not the best jumper but I could jump with ease from as close as 6-8" from a ball. Had lots of control and full table jumps were easy. I only used the dart method and did not use the finger groove. If you are only going to carry one jump cue I would recommend this one to anybody.

Jeff Olney- I bought this cue used from a guy I know. Very light, has a white (maybe phenolic?) ferrule and I believe a black phenolic tip shaved really thin. This jump cue is awesome at clearing balls that are really close. I can clear a ball about 3" away pretty easily. Does not have as much control as the jacoby but that could be the tip (or maybe even the user?) I have a very hard time making longer jumps with this cue but it is great for close jumps! This is the jump cue I carry now and the reason I wanted the Brick j/b for longer jumps.

That's all I got for now, I'll update this with pics and any changes in my opinion as I use the j/b and Olney jump cue more.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Brick J/B

Amen, should be illegal for barbox 9-ball. They flatout blow up a rack. Brian.

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tried a jump with the Olney last night during a match. Cb was about 2 1/2" away from interfering ball and just barely caught it. Still made my shot and the interfering ball barely moved but I called ball on myself. I don't practice jumping and I'm not very good at it but this cue is great for jumping close balls!

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After breaking in the tip on the Brick, I've found that I can jump very well with it. I've been able to clear a ball 3" away using the stroke method!

Brickcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Learn to use the dart stroke and it will blow your mind at how easy it jumps. Also aim straight thru the center of the cue ball at what ever angle you need to jump. If you try to hit below center it will miscue. Striaght thru the center makes the cue ball bounce off the slate faster and higher.