Outsville Ki-Tech VS Ultra Skin tips

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a thread where the two suppliers of these tips went back and forth in a nice manner extolling the pros and cons of each tip.
I have been a user of Ultra skin tips for awhile and I think they are a good tip for the money.
So I got a Ki -Tech soft single layer tip and had it put on one of my two shafts. The other shaft has an Ultra skin soft on it.
I played with the Ki -Tech tip today and I must say it performed better then I expected.
I usually miscue a couple times during a session.
Today I did not miscue once with the Ki-Tech tip.In fact it gave me the confidence to really muscle up on some draw shots and still no miscues.
I played for about 5 hours and so far it has not mushroomed.
Is the Ki-Tech better than the Ultra skin? I'm not ready to make that decision just yet.
But I will say that if anyone is over the must have a layered tip phase this is a single layer tip worth trying.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So now i have 20 hours or so play on it.
It has mushroomed a tiny bit. Not enough to bother me.
But still no miscues!
I think it's the Devils work. He must be making these tips.
Have i sold my soul and don't know it!

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting. I bought some medium Ki Tecs and will try pater today. I wonder is I shoud have gotten soft? We will see

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a soft on one shaft.
My friend put a medium on his and I can't tell much of a difference
I gave my tip guy my other shaft and a hard tip today. I will get it back on Tuesday.
For years I played with a Le Pro which is pretty hard. Then the layered tips came along and I found myself playing with soft tips.
Now I'm going to try a single layer hard tip again.
I hope I don't hurt my wrist.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any thoughts yet on the hard tip? I ordered the sample pack and am considering installing this one over the medium.

Yup. The hard tip is not real hard tip like a Le Pro or Triangle.
I would say its medium hard and I like the feel better then the Ki-Tech soft.