Cue tips!

rtbbf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trial and error and you and only you can decide what you like there may be some suggestions that you do not like and the opposite...got a friend with elk master and nothing else, triangle, etc.....good luck on the quest

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If You Can Find.....

If you can locate the original Moori Brown tip, well, that's the best I've used. In lieu of that, then it's Kamui Clear Black with a softer hardness. I normally play medium but with the Kamui Black series, I am using both soft & super-soft tips. I enjoy them both so much that it's hard to pick a favorite, other than the original Moori tips I earlier mentioned.

If you go with Kamui Clear Black, then the safe bet is try a medium if you currently play a hard tip. Otherwise, just get a soft version and see for yourself....I have these tips on my Owen cue, and will get them on the cue underway with Jerry R. However, I wouldn't get any Moori tip except for the original brown version which stopped being made some time ago. There's still some of the original tips around but those tips are drop dead expensive. That's why the Kamui Clear tips are such a good alternative.....these tips are very available and cost a whole lot less than what you'll pay for original Moori tips.

Matt B.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will need to try some out for yourself

All you are going to get with that question is everyone telling you what tip they like.

It's kind of like going on an ammo forum & asking what's the best bullet.

I will join in though:

I like ultraskin xh

((all is good unless your next question is: what's the best chalk?))

good luck finding a tip you like,

slim

ajie

Registered
However, I wouldn't get any Moori tip except for the original brown version which stopped being made some time ago. There's still some of the original tips around but those tips are drop dead expensive. That's why the Kamui Clear tips are such a good alternative.....these tips are very available and cost a whole lot less than what you'll pay for original Moori tips.

Matt B.

Hi Matt, can you tell me what's the difference between original moori with the one that is not original? because i have found sellers who still sell it.

I've played with moori and it was good, but now i'm using kamui clear S. i think so far kamui is still the best for me. some players suggesting G2 tip, but i don't want to try it yet..

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the best playing tip on the market? For control, english and wear.
I wish it was a simple answer to your question...
Tips is such a individual thing, you just have to experiment.
These are the tips I have tried over a 2 year period:

Single layer:
Triangle
LePro
Elkmaster

Layered:
Kamui SS/S
Kamui black clear SS/S
G2 S/M
Moori S/M
Tiger Everest/Emerald
Ultraskin S/M
Molavia S
Navigator S/M
Hirano S
Zan Premium Soft
Zan S/M

I could not find a way to be comfortable with any of the single layered tips, the Elkmaster was the one I used the longest.
The Tiger tips was not my cup of tea. The Navigator tips I cut off after just hours of play, to me they where useless, but the do look cool...
Ultraskin glazed over pretty quick, but they`re decent for the price.
Molavia was ok.
Moori still feels pretty good.
Hirano is just 4 thick layers, they feel somewhat like a single layer tip. Held it`s shape very well, but I didn't like the feel.
G2 I have had some inconsistency problems with, the first ones I got was a bit dry (might have been old, been subject to humidity or temperature changes) The ones I`ve gotten now is much nicer. I can recomend trying G2, start with the Soft.
Kamui regular is also a nice tip, but they wear quite fast, the leather feels a bit drier than other tips.
Kamui clear black I think glaze over too quick and both the SuperSoft and Soft do mushroom a bit. They are also quite pricey..
Zan S/M are really good tips, easy to work with, don`t glaze over and hold their shape well, they also seems more consistent than any other brand I have tried.
Zan Premium Soft is what I`ve got on all my shafts now, a bit softer than the regular Zan`s, but with all the same features as the regular Zan. Cost about the same as a Kamui clear, so it`s expensive, but defintely worth it.

Sorry for being long winded about it, but that`s my subjective analysis :grin:

ajie

Registered
Anyone tried Kamikaze tips? how does it feel?

they say they already added my country to their shipping list, so if someone can give a review of Kamikaze tips it will be appreciated.

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone tried Kamikaze tips? how does it feel?

they say they already added my country to their shipping list, so if someone can give a review of Kamikaze tips it will be appreciated.

Here are some tip reviews:

"OverCutAnything" Says
I think it’s great to see another tip being produced. I have tried these tips - a medium & super soft. As we all know, just as with cues, tips are a personal preference. What might be for one may not be for another; thankfully why the variety of products available to us. Therefore I am not going to try and make a comparison to another of the many excellent tips available.
My initial thoughts are that they are good tips. The super soft truly seemed super soft and maintained its shape well after a lot of play. The medium too held up nicely. Both tips held chalk well and were very quiet (I liked that) and seemed consistent from center to edge. I am looking forward to more play with these to see how they play/hold up after time. I like to try different cues & tips – it never hurts to try & your opinion may vary. I wish you well with your new tips.

"Pauljr.Ramos" Says
Have tested the Medium Tip and can't really tell any diff from the expensive brand.. Easy to install and grab chalk really well.. thanks for this great product.. :p

"aquaurchin99" Says
So my friend put the soft on his cue an loves it. I like I a lot too. I'm giving the TNT Pro Max tip I have on my cue one more chance before I try you medium. Something about the Pro Max just feels weird, but it's been getting better so I'm really confused.

None the less I think you have a great product here!!

"Dead Stroke72" Says
Great tips....I tried the soft and found the hit to be very nice and with great action too. For a soft tip there's been very minimal mushrooming, holds chalk well, and hasn't required a lot of maintenance to keep its shape.

I have nothing but good things to say about this product and my deals with Carlos while purchasing them. Super fast customer service and shipping.

"asianevil" Says
Review on the Kamikaze Cue Tips

Super Soft tip: Kamikaze installed a super soft tip on my cue this week....

Four hours of play: initially the tip comes out the gate VERY soft. I suggest anyone installing this softness to play with it a bit before any serious competition, to compress it a bit. Different from the pro soft ultra layered that I am playing with. But once you get it compressed, mushroomed and trimmed once, it rounds out to be a very nice playing tip. I have only trimmed the tip once and its holding its shape well. Super soft has a quiet tone to it, which I prefer. You will "feel" the QB with this tip. I need to tone down the english a margin, due to the "grab".

At his sale price, it almost a non-issue just to try it.

Tip comparison that I am familiar with: Kamui Black, SS.
Playing shaft: OB classic.

I will be ordering a large batch to hold for the future. I believe I'll be using this tip for at least my one pocket game.

Soft Tip Review: Pending.

"minohc" Says
I'm playing with the Kamikaze M.
It was installed about two month ago.
These tips are fantastic.no mushroom, no miscue, great english and great feeling.
I like very much the kamui(black M) but after a lot of hours of play they became too hard.

The only tricks that I did are:
-press the tip from 8 mm to 6 mm(this give me more "feeling")
-after the tip is installed, I like a little shorter(about 4,5mm from the ferrul to top of the curve).

Save your money and enjoy these incredibal tips.
If you want make a joke to a friend, give your cue and ask him want he think about your just installed kamui...

bye
Mino

"blackboarowner" Says

I just switched over from Kamui. In my opinion - Kamikazecuetips are the best on the market.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member

I do not think you can find a correct answer in words on a Forum. Ask some friends if you can hit with their cues until you find the hit you are looking for. No shoes fit all feet.

murdoc23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One tip that I haven't seen mentioned much (if any) on AZ are the Predator tips. First thing, they are expensive, but not any more than the Kamui's. Second thing about the Predator's, there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between the M and H tips. I like a firm tip, so I play with the Hard. I would describe myself as a high-B league player,(currently 5th in a field of 40) and am really happy with the firm, not hard, feel of the hit on these tips, excellent english, (zero misscues) and yes, they hold chalk very well. I tried multiple Kamui blacks, and never really liked them. Like some others, I found they glazed and didn't hold chalk great. Absolutely none of that with the Predators.

Also, and I'm not sure if I can describe this right, but they just feel a bit more forgiving to me. I have used two UltraSkin tips, and I liked them a lot. Especially for the money. But I felt like they were a bit over my head. A little too precise. If I had any twist to my wrist on my contact stroke, it seemed to really transfer itself to the shot with the UltraSkins. Which is what I'm sure they are supposed to do. Whenever I would miss with them I know it was totally the fault of my fundimentals, but I just don't get that feeling from the Predator tip. It seem just ever so slightly more forgiving. (vague) And at my level of play right now, it is a good thing for me.

MalibuMike

Banned
The Tiger Oynex far surpasses both the Kamuii and Morri's!

:smile:

The Tiger Oynex far surpasses both the Kamuii and Morri's!
The Tiger Snipper comes in Second, then the Kamuii Black Medium. Thats what I have found anywayz.

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Hard to say, easy to try for yourself (cash wise...not so easy tho).
Now for the las 2 years I used 10 different tips. i won't review them here just a mention.
Every tip plays different and the feel and feedback you get is what it matters for me.
That being said: kamui black M/S, kamui brown clear M, tiger emerald, elkmaster, triangle, moori M (new ones), kitech S, Morakami S, G2 soft.
From all this I love G2 soft, Morakami S and kamui black S in this order.
I am a heavy hitter and I always tend to force every spin.
No mushroom, no skid, no miscue ...Ever.
Choose what's best for you but remember tip is the first thing that matters in your setup... Second is the shaft.

Cheers
Chris @2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk