Estimate of your overall gambling record

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Estimate of your overall gambling results.

What would you estimate that you are up or down in your lifetime gambling career?

Pool and everything included.

I would say I'm somewhere around -$20,000 which isn't that bad I think.

Last edited:

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
ive never lost in poker, not big anyway. Im definetly up there. and in pool when i finally learned to match up and set up games i started winning. I'm definetly up, but not much, couple thou maybe. never been a big bettor, I like keeping my hard earned money. if I win a tourney and have some cash, ill flip a coin for it, dont care. if I have to put up my own, never much. guess that makes me a nit :thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Lifetime, I think I'm up what Saint Louis Louie is stuck....
...a down payment on an aircraft carrier.

Gotta be down $15,000 betting on hockey, though. :angry:

SilverCue

Sir Raksalot
Silver Member
How long before the IRS can't collect? :eek:
Not likely anyone will admit winning much on a public forum :)

I'm sure I'm down a few thou the 1st 10 years I played.
But I more than made it up the next 2 years :)
I never gambled much after that and it would be hard to get in the red again.

Last edited:

SilverCue

Sir Raksalot
Silver Member
This reminded me of a funny story.
One day during my 2 year lucky run, I had been out playing most of the night.
So I went straight to work without changing clothes or ...
After I got my morning coffee, I reached in my pants pocket to get some change for some breakfast snacks.
Well I started pulling out wads of paper money.
This caught the attention of one middle aged woman who ask me where I got all that money.
I told her I'd been playing pool all night.
She puffed up her chest and pushed her hips forward and said "Well I've got more money in my pants than you'll ever have in yours."
I said, "You probably do but you won't have any of mine." :)

ExilePreacher

Equal Opportunity Gadfly
Silver Member
Way up. I kept a ledger. Still do. But if you think I'm giving a number on the internet you're a good candidate for a squirrell to pick you up for dinner.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member

So you're a bleeder.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
What would you estimate that you are up or down in your lifetime gambling career?

Pool and everything included.

I would say I'm somewhere around -$20,000 which isn't that bad I think.

I'd have to think I'm down but I've bet on just about anything. I'd say I'm up on the poker machines and about even on MY pool gambling but I've lost a good bit backing players at tournaments. Most of this was money I wasn't expecting to get back

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sports have been bad to me too. I have had many wtf moments that could have put me up if only.

One time I was betting a good chunk, at least for me, on college football, giving up 19 1/2. My team was up 13 on about their own 20 with maybe a minute left. Out of nowhere they break a run through the middle and he goes all the way in for the touchdown, I am pumped,,, celebrating... I cant believe it. Then I see that they are lining up to go for two. WTF! There is little time left, the only possible reason I can think that they would go for two is because they somehow know that I am giving up 19 1/2. Of course the QB throws a pass way out of the end zone and I lose the bet by 1/2 a point and I go from from expecting to lose, to incredibly excited, to very dazed in no time flat. I still bet on the games every now and then though.

I still have time to end up overall.:)

Last edited:

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd have to think I'm down but I've bet on just about anything. I'd say I'm up on the poker machines and about even on MY pool gambling but I've lost a good bit backing players at tournaments. Most of this was money I wasn't expecting to get back

Thanks.

I wish more people would share their history. Just like backing pool players it can be for entertainment purposes.

It's fun to hear the stories and how people have done.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sports has been bad to me too. I have had many wtf moments that could have put me up if only...
...I go from from expecting to lose, to incredibly excited, to very dazed in no time flat...:)

That has pretty much been my experience with sports betting too !..However, pool is another story entirely...I'm sure I have gambled several million at pool over the years, and according to my records, I am about $37.50 ahead,..But, I was always a trusting soul, so I got 'stiffed', about every other play ! :rolleyes: ;)

PS..So that makes me about half a million loser ! :(

Last edited:

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That has pretty much been my experience with sports betting too !..However, pool is another story entirely...I'm sure I have gambled several million at pool over the years, and according to my records, I am about $37.50 ahead,..But, I was always a trusting soul, so I got 'stiffed', about every other play ! :rolleyes: ;)

PS..So that makes me about half a million loser ! :(

That is funny!

And that is a lot of action. I would have liked to have sweat some of it... I have no doubt that it was entertaining.