Team French baby! The best team in billiards.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think... I dont even really know what it is.

Anyone know? And why would ESPN be interested enough to call him?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear a lot that he is putting in a lot of money. How much?
Hundreds of thousand $$ or millions $$?

showmethemoney-Jerry-Maguire-1.png

:D

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
French snapping up all the top players

Wow, French is signing up all the top players
Dennis
Big Ko
Little Ko
Jayson
John Morra
Darren

I wonder what being part of Team French means. The deal must be quite attractive for these top players to sign up so quickly even though we have yet to see more events, action lined up by French aside from those 2 matches

Do these top players get a sign up bonus?
Are all travel/accommodation/food expenses of players paid by French?
What % of winnings do players get ?

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could this be the start of a new professional league? Commissioner French?
This may be the infancy of something great.

Glass is half full. :rolleyes:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Wow, French is signing up all the top players
Dennis
Big Ko
Little Ko
Jayson
John Morra
Darren

I wonder what being part of Team French means. The deal must be quite attractive for these top players to sign up so quickly even though we have yet to see more events, action lined up by French aside from those 2 matches

Do these top players get a sign up bonus?
Are all travel/accommodation/food expenses of players paid by French?
What % of winnings do players get ?

Does this mean we can expect never to see the above players in action against each other?? Kinda what it sounds like to me.

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Incredible talent on the team.

I'm not sure I understand...........French is American............yet his whole team is made up foreign players. Does anybody understand why?

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Does this mean we can expect never to see the above players in action against each other?? Kinda what it sounds like to me.

What are you kidding? Maybe they we all play each other even more. For $100,000 in the middle, but really only $2500 exhibition matches. :eek:

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
some thoughts..

I am hearing so much about was it 10K or 20K in the middle. What if KO flew over and his backer failed him and he only had 5K to post? Instead of John saying forget it he still flies out with his horse and takes the same game. Does it really matter how much was in the middle? Is John French being shady? Does he have to embarrass and belittle KO for not meeting the terms? Maybe it should have been announced that the bet was X instead of the original amount but I don't see that changing the outcome.

If anyone should be upset it is John French if the money was not right. He is flying out, paying for accommodations and was probably hoping enough of the side rail would like Ko that he could make it up. I am not saying that is what happened, but at the end of the day I don't care. He made the match happen and we were able to enjoy a good match.

Now John French is doing something that was done in the Philippines (Team Puyat) and probably in some other sports/games and trying to get some excitement. I have seen the young guns (SW and JB) calling him out for a match with the Ko brothers. We already are going to see SVB (probably the most honest pool player I have met .. can't see anything shady with him) and Dennis play for a large sum in Feb. Derby is coming and I'm pretty confident John will be trying to get the action going.

I think enough talent is out there to challenge John's wallet and his horses (Alex P, Shane VB, Skylar W, Justin Bergman, Rodney Morris, Mike Dechaine among others will be happy to be in action).

Let's enjoy what is in front of us and enjoy being spectators. If you want to critique and shred for the Ko/Orcullo match, at least have the decency to respectfully ask your questions without coming to a conclusion to create drama.

Blue Jam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Incredible talent on the team.

I'm not sure I understand...........French is American............yet his whole team is made up foreign players. Does anybody understand why?

You answered your own question, he's looking for talent.