My New JB Case

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
A long, long time ago in a internet pool forum far, far away John Barton was involved in a online argument (shocking huh?). Anyhoo at some point he proclaimed that he was done with the thread and if he posted in it again he would give me a free case. Why me? I don't know but he did not post again and the thread died. Months later someone revived the thread and John, forgeting what he said, posted. Of course I chimed in with "Woohooo.........free case. Of course knowing how John is on paying bets (for those around durring the RSB days you are laughing, if you weren't just trust me that it was funny and chuckle) I really had no expectations.

Fast forward to the SBE. I stopped by the booth to see John as I always do and was given this great leather case. It has a good mix of rugged and elegant looks. The magnetic latch on the pocket is too cool and of course the interior is very plush and holds the cues snug.

Thanks for the great case John.

DSC_05321.jpg

DSC_05331.jpg

DSC_05341.jpg

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Haha this is a funny thread. I'm stalking John's every thread now..just in case...

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like that case.

Heck, I like it better than most of his tooled cases!

A nice, simple, serious, black leather case.

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
Now if you only had a cue to put in it! LOL

Good One!!!

Murray: Congratulations...not only on the new case, but "getting one over" on John!!! :p

John: Good on you for "honoring" what you said!!! ;)

Jason

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a HUGE fan of John's cases. All four of my cases were made by him or his company. John is a good guy, just a little misdirected at times.

I was glad to be part of the "handing over" of that case as well. :thumbup:

Great case.

Congrats Murray!

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I love my JB case.
I can't imagine any other case being on my shoulder now :)

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Nice! :cool:

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
A long, long time ago in a internet pool forum far, far away John Barton was involved in a online argument (shocking huh?). Anyhoo at some point he proclaimed that he was done with the thread and if he posted in it again he would give me a free case. Why me? I don't know but he did not post again and the thread died. Months later someone revived the thread and John, forgeting what he said, posted. Of course I chimed in with "Woohooo.........free case. Of course knowing how John is on paying bets (for those around durring the RSB days you are laughing, if you weren't just trust me that it was funny and chuckle) I really had no expectations.

Fast forward to the SBE. I stopped by the booth to see John as I always do and was given this great leather case. It has a good mix of rugged and elegant looks. The magnetic latch on the pocket is too cool and of course the interior is very plush and holds the cues snug.

Thanks for the great case John.

Nice case simple but looks like it will handle many years of usage!

Danny Ross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a similar one that is very nice. John also made well on a VERY gentlemen-like offer that he extended to me.

Good people in my book.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thanks Murray! I am not sure we needed the gory details...... but at least when I made that bet I put the safety valve in it that the benefactor should be someone I highly respect.

I only haven't have paid off ONE bet completely and that's the one with Jimbo. Actually I did pay it partially and then we argued about the payment and then I hoisted the engineer on his own petard and it didn't hold up. So as far as am concerned that bet is done with and settled. However I am sure Jimbo will continue to bring it up whenever he feels the need to at the only place on the net where he chooses to be active.

I was not happy to have lost this case but really glad that it went to Murray. Some day I will get a Tucker. I met a guy with seven of them last week which really seems unfair....

Anyway, thanks Murray for showing it off. See you next year and hopefully then I can get you to trade some money for a case :)

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanted to buy that case and John told me it was for you.
Damn you, Murray Tucker...

Well, to make up for it, I am looking forward to that new TCW cue and a case from John soon thereafter :smile:

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanted to buy that case and John told me it was for you.
Damn you, Murray Tucker...

Well, to make up for it, I am looking forward to that new TCW cue and a case from John soon thereafter :smile:

That's great news... Looking forward to hearing your opinion.

Congrats my friend!