Thomas Wayne lose his diginity on Cuezilla.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
TW goes so far as to call Mike lambros a liar on a cue being displayed.
I was shocked that a fellow cue maker would try to tear another professional apart. Goes to show his low self esteem. Maybe living in Alaska out in the tundra a little to long.JMHO :frown:

http://cuezilla.com/archives/1054#comments

Misspelled dignity,sorry.

Wow, the CNC jockey's are having a little war. Actually it's more like a hair pulling contest between Diva's. :smile:

Seriously, there is so much awesome about that cue, so much artistic merit, who really cares how it was made? I don't. I just wish I had it!

Proves my point once again. Angry people say dumb things.

Chris

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cuezilla comments

I have known Thomas Wayne for many years (over 20) and although he may come across as stubborn and belligerent, he is a very intelligent individual. His knowledge and workmanship and imagination (as a cue maker) is probably second to none.

It seems the ‘genius’ in people has a tendency to cause them to be a little difficult in other areas – often in social interaction.

But just because he acts in that way does not mean he is an ‘ass’. He just feels very strongly about ‘design theft’ and misrepresentation.

Sometimes people go over the top in their beliefs and how they portray them to others. I am not saying Thomas was correct ‘in the way’ he stated things – but my experience says he was probably factually correct.

I do wish things did not get so personal and ‘out there’ but it is what it is.

Mark Griffin

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• internet-serious-business.jpg
    internet-serious-business.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 4,504

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I have known Thomas Wayne for many years (over 20) and although he may come across as stubborn and belligerent, he is a very intelligent individual. His knowledge and workmanship and imagination (as a cue maker) is probably second to none.

It seems the ‘genius’ in people has a tendency to cause them to be a little difficult in other areas – often in social interaction.

But just because he acts in that way does not mean he is an ‘ass’. He just feels very strongly about ‘design theft’ and misrepresentation.

Sometimes people go over the top in their beliefs and how they portray them to others. I am not saying Thomas was correct ‘in the way’ he stated things – but my experience says he was probably factually correct.

Mark Griffin

There's zero chance that Thomas is right with this one. The inlays for that cue are indeed 4th axis. Mike is planning to bring the prototype and paired inlays to Valley Forge.

Unfortunately, this is a case of jealousy and hatred.... nothing more. I got a little angry reading his condescending posts to Mike, which is why I chirped a little bit. I'm tighter than a frog's ass at 20,000 leagues under the sea, so if I ever chirp a bet - I already know I won. :)

It's a shame that a guy as regarded as Thomas couldn't just say "nice cue" and leave it at that. Calling Lambros a fraud is ridiculous.

bobroberts

Pool player
Silver Member

Mark Griffin

Mark,
I happen to agree with you that T.W. is extremely bright and gifted. That is why he should of said nice cue and moved on. It's sad to see a meltdown like that.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way to shoot yourself in the foot

I recently saw a TW cue for sale on Ebay and was tempted to bid. After reading that exchange, I have lost respect for the man. It does not matter how great a cue maker he is, or, how tallented he might be...this just gives insight into how he may treat his customers. He should also be careful of his claims, he leaves himself open to slander. Either way, this is by far the most unprofessional thing I have seen in quite a while. No way will I EVER own a TW now.....

zy112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a shame. I typed more than deleted it because I think TW did enough damage to himself, my comments wouldn't even be necessary.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

There ought to be a way to express one's beliefs without stooping to the level of the folks on NPR though.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Boy, that's one beautiful cue Mike! I was at that cue show in Marina Del Rey but was too busy trying to sell a couple of cues of my own to be paying attention to your excellent work. NO, before Sgt. Wayne jumps on me, I didn't make the cues. I was just selling them. I'm lucky to be able to put a tip on a cue. :smile:

I did sell a very nice Tad for $7,500 at that show, so it wasn't all bad. Like others I didn't care much for the tone of this thread. Mike Lambros has always been a class act imo. And that damn sure is one beautiful piece of work! As for Mr. Wayne, that isn't even his real name. Yes, I'm friends with your original partner, Wayne Boomer! So get off your high horse and give someone else credit for making a nice cue. You're not the only guy who can do things like that.

I have another friend named Ernie Guttierrez who has been an innovator in the cue building art for years. Almost everyone has learned a thing or two from him, and he doesn't hold it against them. In fact, he is always ready to help out another cue maker. Just ask your friends Rick and Jerry about that. There is a lesson here and it's not about cue building.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
TW goes so far as to call Mike lambros a liar on a cue being displayed.
I was shocked that a fellow cue maker would try to tear another professional apart. Goes to show his low self esteem. Maybe living in Alaska out in the tundra a little to long.JMHO :frown:

http://cuezilla.com/archives/1054#comments

That is about as unprofessional as it gets, but jealousy is really sad when you are at that level and by showing that your jealous you also show that your foolish. I think MR. Wayne will regret his comments and I also think it Will cost him in the long run.

Take Care

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Even though the current exchange may be distasteful, I just want to mention Thomas Wayne has normally been very helpful to other cue makers who want to learn CNC techniques. I know several who are quite grateful to him for his assistance and generosity behind the scenes.

He is just a little bent on this one - who klnows why. Anyway, Thomas is out-of-line on this one thread, but has done so much brilliant work and has been so helpful to so many, that we should just forgive him and move on. I kind of think he does owe Lambros an apology, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

We just found a new category of GEEK, watch out for the CNC Nerd's!

Chris

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Liberace would have loved that Dragon Cue. All this fighting over fancy cues is forcing me to become an alcoholic! LOL.

Steel joint Gus please!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Liberace would have loved that Dragon Cue. All this fighting over fancy cues is forcing me to become an alcoholic! LOL.

Steel joint Gus please!

We don't speculate on what Liberace would have loved please!

I remember getting this high art cue from a cue maker in a trade off. It won an award and had intricate inalys all over it, all ivory, horn, silver - amazing stuff. I thought it was one of the most beautiful cues I had ever seen.

The last thing the cue maker said to me as I was leaving was "Whatever you do, don't play pool with it. It's delicate" :smile:

Oh brother...

Chris

Ps. ----> 4 axis, wtf?

Last edited:

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
Wow, the CNC jockey's are having a little war. Actually it's more like a hair pulling contest between Diva's. :smile:

Seriously, there is so much awesome about that cue, so much artistic merit, who really cares how it was made? I don't. I just wish I had it!

Proves my point once again. Angry people say dumb things.

Chris

The cue in question is beautiful. Thomas could have been more tactful in his comments, BUT, when it comes to CNC, Thomas knows more about it than any cuemaker in the business and what he said about it not being true 4th axis CNC work is absolutely correct. Four different axis' were used but true 4 axis CNC work means all 4 axis' are independent and move at the same time. That was not the case with this cue. Actually only 2 or 3 axis were used at a time with rotations in between. I've been guilty of calling some of my work 4 axis CNC also when in fact it's 2 1/2 axis at a time. Most cuemakers consider it 4 axis CNC when you have 4 different axis' available even though it's not truly 4 axis work unless all 4 axis' are moving at once.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ps. ----> WTF is 4 axis?

I think it has to do with truck driving.
I guess I'll never understand ornamental cues.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Excuse me, I have to go visit Jimbo Army land now - bet they're going haywire over on unrated internet now...

Last edited: